Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 07:59:25:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653581 Posts in 297940 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump sees national emergency vote as ‘a loyalty test’ 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Trump sees national emergency vote as ‘a loyalty test’  (Read 166 times)
wvit1001

« on: 03 14, 19, 02:54:01:PM » Reply

“While some Republicans and all Democrats see this vote as really a way to stop the power grab, sources say the president sees this as a loyalty test,” said host Brooke Baldwin to Borger. “How big of an embarrassment might this be to the president?”

“Pretty big embarrassment. This is the second time he’s going to lose something in the Senate,” she replied. “The first time came when Republicans voted to pull back American aid to Saudi forces in Yemen.”

The wall “is something the president campaigned on, it was his number one issue, he’s trying to make it a loyalty test and say this is about border security,” Borger added. Trump’s message, she went on, was “‘Republicans should be united with me on border security,’ and they’re saying, ‘no, no there’s something a little bit more important here and that’s the Constitution.'”

“It is a big embarrassment.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/trump-sees-national-emergency-vote-as-a-loyalty-test-and-its-going-to-be-a-big-embarrassment-cnn/?utm_source=push_notifications
wvit1001

« Reply #1 on: 03 14, 19, 03:09:47:PM » Reply

Trump faces epic defeat in national emergency fight after 12 Republicans side against him

The U.S. Senate passed a proposal on Thursday to terminate President Donald Trump’s declaration of an emergency at the southern border, with 12 Republicans defying the president, and Trump vowing a veto.

The 59-41 vote marks the second Senate rebuke of Trump in two days. Senators on Wednesday approved a resolution seeking to end U.S. support for the Saudi Arabia-led coalition in the war in Yemen, rejecting Trump’s policy toward the kingdom.

With the emergency declaration, Trump was seeking an alternative way to get billions of dollars for the wall after Congress declined to give him funding.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/trump-faces-another-rebuke-senate-several-republicans-side-democrats/?utm_source=push_notifications
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 03 14, 19, 03:21:12:PM » Reply

Looks like it won't be hard to get trump's threatened veto overturned.   they practically have the votes to overturn it now.
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 03 14, 19, 03:25:11:PM » Reply

Pennsylvania Republican congressman Charlie Dent told CNN on Thursday that President Donald Trump would “rue the day” he declared a national emergency to get funding for his border wall — and that for the foreseeable future, the president would have to “literally beg” Congress for even a nickel.

Dent said that the only reason the Republicans backed the president was because of “real base pressure” and “complaints” from conservative activists. “I suspect that might have been a motivating factor for a number of these Republicans to vote against this resolution, because there really is no good explanation for it,” he said. “As an institution, Congress has to stand up for itself.”

“For the president to be able to reallocate or reprogram dollars without congressional approval to the magnitude he has,” Dent went on, pointing to the sheer scale of Trump’s funding grab, “this is a big deal.”

“What’s going to happen now the president is going to rue this day, tell you why,” an “astounded” Dent continued. “He needs the cooperation of Congress to reallocate and reprogram money, to transfer money. That cooperation is going to go out the window because of this emergency declaration.”

He said federal agencies would become a funding bottleneck, “good will and faith and trust” dry up.

“Now he’s going to have to beg, literally, for any time he wants to move a nickel,” Dent said. “This is a short sighted victory for the president.”
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #4 on: 03 14, 19, 03:29:22:PM » Reply

Many Republicans haven't figured out that their loyalty should be to America, not the President.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #5 on: 03 14, 19, 05:27:06:PM » Reply

Trump sees national emergency vote as ‘a loyalty test’

Loyalty to AMERICA, that is.

Many Republicans haven't figured out that their loyalty should be to America

You mean most democrats.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump sees national emergency vote as ‘a loyalty test’
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory