Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 01:04:18:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653459 Posts in 297923 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Email Show's Trump Obstructed Justice by Dangling Pardon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Email Show's Trump Obstructed Justice by Dangling Pardon  (Read 200 times)
wvit1001

« on: 03 13, 19, 09:16:52:PM » Reply

Michael Cohen has testified that President Trump directed him to lie to Congress about Trump’s business dealings with Russia during the campaign. The weakness of the accusation is that Cohen does not seem to have any proof, other than his own testimony, that the conversation took place. But now CNN reports that Cohen has evidence of Trump obstructing justice by dangling a pardon. And this time he has receipts.

Robert Costello, an attorney working with Rudy Giuliani, emailed Cohen on April 21.  The emails assured Cohen he could “sleep well tonight” because he had “friends in high places,” according to CNN.

This is a really, really big deal. The power to pardon convicted criminals for federal crimes is a legitimate use of presidential authority. Whether it’s legitimate for the president to use this power to pardon criminals who committed crimes on his behalf, or might have otherwise testified against him, is a subject of intense debate.

What’s not a subject of intense debate is whether a president can dangle a pardon. As Alex Whiting explained, the argument for why a president can pardon his own subordinates is that it’s a public act, and the voters can examine the facts and look at whether the president acted corruptly in issuing the pardon. “As long as it remained secret,” he notes, “it could be done without incurring any of the political downstream consequences that come with actually pardoning someone.”

Even as staunch an advocate of presidential authority as William Barr agreed in his confirmation hearings that dangling pardons could be obstruction of justice. “Do you believe a president could lawfully issue a pardon in exchange for the recipient’s promise to not incriminate him?” asked Senator Pat Leahy. “No. That would be a crime,” replied Barr.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03/cohen-email-trump-dangled-pardon-obstruction-justice-mueller.html
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #1 on: 03 13, 19, 09:51:49:PM » Reply

Do you believe if Obama threatened Prison to Holder to lie about Fast and Furious that this too would be a Crime?   YES, that too would be a crime, says Jim.

wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 03 13, 19, 09:54:26:PM » Reply

Did he Jim?   Did anything like that ever come up in the republican lead investigations?   I don't remember anything like that.
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 03 13, 19, 09:58:05:PM » Reply

I am starting to think it may be possible that trump's complete criminality in his dealing and associations may be pointing to some sort of crime...

Just a hunch.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #4 on: 03 13, 19, 10:01:51:PM » Reply

Mathew Whitiker will testify that Trump tried to interfere with the SDNY investigation, where Trump named is Person 1

that's obstruction.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #5 on: 03 13, 19, 10:20:25:PM » Reply

Did he Jim?   Did anything like that ever come up in the republican lead investigations?   

Did he, wvit? Did Trump ?
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 03 13, 19, 10:26:12:PM » Reply

wait didn't you make a post about this at 1:52pm this after noon using cnn as a source, here's what it was based on------>However, a source who is described as having “knowledge of Cohen’s thinking” tells CNN that Cohen “disputes Costello’s version of events and insists it was Costello who was pushing his relationship with Giuliani.”

Additionally, a separate source described as “familiar with the emails” said that Trump’s legal team was trying to keep Cohen from flipping on the president and “hinting that a pardon could be in the mix at some point.”

So my question to you is how many more angles and sources will you provide were some one has this or has that?

described has having knowledge of his thinking--wow physic as hell for sure

described as familiar with the emails, everybody on this board are familiar with the emails

And the other question I have are the sources you provide links to that are better suited for garbage can liners then they are being believable
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 03 13, 19, 10:28:45:PM » Reply

so you don't think trump was dangling a pardon in return for some friendly testimony blammie?
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 03 13, 19, 10:43:35:PM » Reply

wvit----Do you think Trump would be that stupid?

Cohen is a democrat that has more than likely never told the truth in his life, so why should he start now? His meeting with cummings and then agreeing to testify before congress smells rotten.
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #9 on: 03 13, 19, 10:51:32:PM » Reply

Lock Them ALL Up!

Lock Them ALL Up!

Lock Them ALL Up!

Lock Them ALL Up!

Lock Them ALL Up!

Lock Them ALL Up!

Lock Them ALL Up!

Lock Them ALL Up!
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #10 on: 03 14, 19, 05:41:43:PM » Reply

Michael Cohen has testified that President Trump directed him to lie to Congress

But we know that to be a lie.  Robert Mueller said so.
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 03 14, 19, 05:56:34:PM » Reply

Can you share a link to Mueller  saying anything like that dan
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Email Show's Trump Obstructed Justice by Dangling Pardon
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory