Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 02:19:34:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653471 Posts in 297925 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Do we need to outlaw capital punishment throughout the country? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Do we need to outlaw capital punishment throughout the country?  (Read 1209 times)
wvit1001

« Reply #36 on: 03 15, 19, 09:32:09:AM » Reply

Being put in jail for the rest of their lives is a consequence.   
wvit1001

« Reply #37 on: 03 15, 19, 09:33:24:AM » Reply

fear of execution has no bearing on the murder rates zsq.
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #38 on: 03 15, 19, 09:42:12:AM » Reply

We may as well talk to a brick. You would elicit a more informed response. One that actually came from somewhere other than their emotions.
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #39 on: 03 15, 19, 11:20:18:AM » Reply

(( No wonder Normal People think the Libs, et al, are disgusting IDIOTS!!!!!!!! ))

How would you know what Normal People think, zsq987.  Normal People are way beyond your pay grade...
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #40 on: 03 15, 19, 03:55:09:PM » Reply

Being put in jail for the rest of their lives is a consequence.   

It rarely is for the rest of their lives as California so ably proves!

Democrats refuse to adequately fund prisons resulting in over crowding and early release!
wvit1001

« Reply #41 on: 03 15, 19, 04:00:35:PM » Reply

that's not true d2.   you can't compare the early release of a nonviolent offender to someone who has been convicted of 1st degree murder.

Life without the Possibility of Parole

In states which do not impose the death penalty, conviction on a first degree murder charge with aggravating factors generally results in a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole. In many states which do have the death penalty, an aggravated first degree murder conviction draws life in prison without parole if the prosecution does not seek, or fails to convince the court, to impose the death penalty.

Lesser Sentences

First degree murder convictions without aggravating factors draw a range of prison sentences. This can include life in prison, usually with an eventual possibility of parole. The range of prison sentence for this type of murder conviction varies by state and can be 25 years to life in California, or 20 to 25 years in New York, to name only two.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #42 on: 03 15, 19, 04:03:18:PM » Reply

In California there is no such thing as life without parole in practice!

You know that and I know that!

So, anyone convicted of second degree murder, third degree murder, manslaughter, armed robbery, etc., are non-violent offenders?
wvit1001

« Reply #43 on: 03 15, 19, 04:04:25:PM » Reply

sure there is d2.

No one sentenced to life without parole has ever been released on parole, in California or in any other state. Prisoners sentenced to LWOP actually remain in prison for the rest of their lives and die in prison. All sentences, including the death penalty, are equally subject to clemency from the governor.

https://www.aclunc.org/article/truth-about-life-without-parole-condemned-die-prison
wvit1001

« Reply #44 on: 03 15, 19, 04:07:21:PM » Reply

people convicted of 2nd and 3rd degree murder and manslaughter, armed robbery, etc. aren't subject to the deal penalty anyway d2.    what are you yammering about?
D2D

« Reply #45 on: 03 15, 19, 04:24:59:PM » Reply

They are violent criminals let out early by Democrats because a high speed train is more important than keeping the public safe!
wvit1001

« Reply #46 on: 03 15, 19, 04:25:47:PM » Reply

so you don't want to talk about capital punishment and life without parole anymore d2?
D2D

« Reply #47 on: 03 15, 19, 04:27:14:PM » Reply

I already have and the fact is life without parole doesn't exist when Democrats are in power!

They will be let out!

What about the safety of other nonviolent inmates and guards?

Don't their lives matter?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Do we need to outlaw capital punishment throughout the country?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory