Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 04:44:18:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662961 Posts in 298829 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: What next 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: What next  (Read 488 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« on: 03 05, 19, 02:35:55:PM » Reply

We started out 2019 with a few little hiccups!  The LA-Z-Boy recliners we ordered on Amazon, smelled so bad we had to return them, but before we did this we checked their website and saw so many complaints about people getting sick from the filling in these chairs.  Changing them was a nightmare - one big freightliner truck managed to navigate our cul-de-sac and then refused to take them because we didn't have the boxes (the original delivery people took them away).  We finally sorted it all out after hours of phone calls to Amazon, and another big truck arrived in the evening.  Then the toaster died (no biggy!).  Right after this the garage door opener conked out and we ordered a new opener from Amazon who also send the installer.  That was a big mistake as his business was 50 miles away and he had a hard time getting to us in the bad weather.  What were we thinking!  He had one name (like "River") and a braided pony tail when he arrived and said he was the best installer around. (like there wasn't one in Salem the State Capitol 15 minutes away!)  When he left we went out to the market after opening and closing our door and when we came back the garage door was open (all by itself).  This happened over the next couple of days - it even started to go down once as we were coming in.  Then it wouldn't go up or down.  Mr. Magic grudgingly came out again (I don't blame him in all the snow and all that way away).  He messed around with it, said a wire had got knicked so he fixed it and left but then the same thing happened again.  Finally my Mr. Fix It, got it sorted out with a call to the makers of the door opener (Chamberlain) and going up and down the ladder in the garage for a couple of hours, cell phone in hand, while he took directions and fixed the track and the sensors.  So far so good!

Yesterday the water heater went out and wouldn't you know I had a pile of wash and neither of us had showered (TMI).  We are waiting for the plumber and very conveniently the faucet in the kitchen sprung a leak today so it will be a double fix but hopefully not a new water heater.  Waiting for the plumber who must be overloaded with burst pipe problems in this cold, icy weather.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 03 05, 19, 03:28:05:PM » Reply

Holy cats!  When it rains, it pours!!!

If I were your neighbors, I'd walk a wide berth around your bad mojo, LOL.

Hope it all gets sorted out soon. 
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 03 05, 19, 06:02:00:PM » Reply

Waiting on a plumber myself....nothing that bad though.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 03 05, 19, 11:30:37:PM » Reply

Local plumber came out and got the water heater up and running but couldn't figure why it had gone out in the first place.  Hubby had made many attempts to get it up and running before we called him, to no avail.  He said it could be the valve and it may go again so we're keeping our fingers crossed.  At least this guy is local with father and brothers working in the plumbing business, so no problem.

I have never appreciated hot water so much!  Snow is forecast again for tomorrow.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 03 06, 19, 09:30:36:AM » Reply

lazy boy makes wonderful chairs but the sofa are horrible... never will do them again... that set is in Memphis storage...may get the sofa repaired but it may be cheaper if I got something else...

in the winter the pipes should have sleeves on them so that the cold weather don't freeze the pipes...and if it gets as cold as Hellsville… you should have water drops coming from the faucets... you can catch that water and resource it somewhere else...

now you understand how important water is and without it is a nightmare... been there... done that... all one can do is go out and purchase water and have a portable shower available and pray that you can heat it up on something...remember Memphis... no water... no heat... no lights... but that generator saved the day... and Aldi sells water for .79 a gallon... just for your information.....possible future information...

things always gets better Emily... but something else happens to take your mind out of that thing onto  the next...

I thought the furnace here broke down again... but it was a matter of resetting the thermostat....

am/pm is in tiny print and that was the problem... couldn't imagine why the furnace would click off when I woke up and turn on later... well thermostat programming was the problem...

simple... but how stupid do I have to be...lol

Spring is approaching this week at least here... see the tulips popping up is a sign... haven't seen a robin yet... but maybe next week...

it's snowing as I post...lightly... but it's ok cause it will be melted by Saturday...

Plumbers are expensive... especially in Memphis... I tell ya...code enforcement is something but MLGW is worse... thank goodness I touched bases with the director there and he gave me special attention...after I ranted and raved about why this... why that... well he was the director of MGLW

I have a big mouth...lol
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 03 06, 19, 04:34:32:PM » Reply

We've had lots of robins here....and they sing so pretty. Tulips are about an inch or two tall.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 03 06, 19, 11:08:11:PM » Reply

Snow came down and covered everything this afternoon.  Here we go again!.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 03 07, 19, 12:54:12:AM » Reply

Started at 2:30 pm and as tonight is going to be 33 degrees lowest temp, it is still one above freezing so maybe it won't stay.

* March6Snow.jpg (11.66 KB, 110x196 - viewed 20 times.)
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 03 07, 19, 04:31:37:AM » Reply

I don't think our high temp made it to 33 yesterday...staying  upper 20's with the wind chill. Warm up is on the way.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: What next
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About