Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 05:09:32:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653533 Posts in 297932 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: 80% of Americans now favor some version of the Green New Deal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: 80% of Americans now favor some version of the Green New Deal  (Read 158 times)
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #12 on: 02 14, 19, 10:47:49:AM » Reply

And 90% of Americans have no idea what's in it.  They just like the color green.

Do you think 80% of Americans want their home torn down, car taken away, or cows destroyed?

none of that shit is part of the deal, you stupid shit liar.  are you really this fucking stupid?  where do you get this silly ass shit, boy?

i posted a link to what it really says, and if you could read, you would now NOTHING LIKE WHAT YOU JUST SPEWED IS EVEN TALKED ABOUT...

here it is-

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5729033-Green-New-Deal-FINAL.html

it is true that the plan calls for all transportation and power, WHEN TECHNOLOGICALLY FEASIBLE, to be renewable energy produced by 2030, and no more government support for huge profitable oil companies which should not be happening anyway, but it does not outlaw oil or natural gas production, per se.  and Remember- these are guidelines, not binding, not finalized, just a starting point for discussion...that is the first step to taking any action. 

tearing down houses, taking away cars, assassinating cattle....good god!!  somebody has been huffing gasoline again!!

about ending airplane travel?  total bullshit.  not in the Resolution i posted a link to...

the actual text of the proposal: "...overhauling transportation systems in the United States to remove pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation sector as much as is technologically feasible, including through investment in zero-emission vehicle infrastructure and manufacturing; clean, affordable and accessible public transit; and high-speed rail."

the part about giving everyone free money to live without working..total bullshit, as explained here-

End unemployment in America once and for all by guaranteeing a job at a living wage for every American willing and able to work. A Full Employment Program will create up to 20 million jobs, both directly and indirectly, by implementing a nationally-funded, locally-controlled, direct employment initiative replacing unemployment offices with local employment offices. The government will be the employer of last resort, offering jobs meeting community-identified needs in the public and non-profit sectors to take up any slack in private for-profit sector employment.

https://www.gp.org/gnd_full
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #13 on: 02 14, 19, 11:01:08:AM » Reply

Happy Valentine's Day oscar!

Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #14 on: 02 14, 19, 11:35:40:AM » Reply

help! help! i am being sexually harassed!!
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #15 on: 02 14, 19, 12:03:44:PM » Reply

more expensive and less efficient?
[/HIGHLIGHT][/SIZE][/FONT]

That's right!  If it wasn't, you wouldn't need government coercion to force people to do it.  They would do it voluntarily to seek out their own self interest.

solar and wind are much less expensive dan

No, they aren't.

just a LED lights have taken over the industry because they are much more efficient and less expensive.

LED lights don't care how the electricity is produced, be it from burning coal, nuclear fission, or windmills.  It's all the same electricity.  They replaced electrical bulbs with e electrical bulbs.  Or is your point that they replaced carbon burning candles?
wvit1001

« Reply #16 on: 02 14, 19, 12:10:46:PM » Reply

sorry you have only your baseless opinions to go on dan.   
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #17 on: 02 14, 19, 12:12:54:PM » Reply

How can you generate enough electricity without using carbon to replace all the energy carbon produces?

The laws of physics require that we would have to make due with much less energy use.  Less travel, less manufacturing, less production.  Our standard of living would necessarily decline.  And for what?  A futile effort to change something that can't be changed - the climate.  And we have not concluded that a colder climate than we have now is even desireable!

sorry you have only your baseless opinions to go on dan.

I'm sorry you're just a mindless partisan hack incapable of reasonable discourse, wvit.
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #18 on: 02 14, 19, 12:14:16:PM » Reply

I see no one will accept the challenge of explaining how this Nation will produce the current electrical output, after adopting Ms. Cortez New Green Deal?
wvit1001

« Reply #19 on: 02 14, 19, 12:31:39:PM » Reply

Who's calling for replacing all carbon based energy generation dan?
wvit1001

« Reply #20 on: 02 14, 19, 12:41:17:PM » Reply

A successful transition to a future net-zero emissions energy system is likely to depend on vast amounts of inexpensive, emissions-free electricity; mechanisms to quickly and cheaply balance large and uncertain time-varying differences between demand and electricity generation; electrified substitutes for most fuel-using devices; alternative materials and manufacturing processes for structural materials; and carbon-neutral fuels for the parts of the economy that are not easily electrified. Recycling and removal of carbon from the atmosphere (carbon management) is also likely to be an important activity of any net-zero emissions energy system. The specific technologies that will be favored in future marketplaces are largely uncertain, but only a finite number of technology choices exist today for each functional role. To take appropriate actions in the near term, it is imperative to clearly identify desired end points. To achieve a robust, reliable, and affordable net-zero emissions energy system later this century, efforts to research, develop, demonstrate, and deploy those candidate technologies must start now.

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/360/6396/eaas9793
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #21 on: 02 14, 19, 12:41:33:PM » Reply

Who's calling for replacing all carbon based energy generation dan?
[/FONT]

The advocates of the GND.

Are you admitting we will be forced to cope with less energy?  Or are you denying what the GND calls for?
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #22 on: 02 14, 19, 01:03:49:PM » Reply

Her original plan called for elimination of all carbon based fuels within the next 12 years, but had no specified replacement except turning the US in North Korea.
wvit1001

« Reply #23 on: 02 14, 19, 01:06:19:PM » Reply

what's the plan call for now?   It's just a set of goals isn't it? 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: 80% of Americans now favor some version of the Green New Deal
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory