Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 12:06:59:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653449 Posts in 297922 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Thought police coming here if Democrats get their way! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Thought police coming here if Democrats get their way!  (Read 485 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #12 on: 02 11, 19, 01:49:54:PM » Reply

Do you endorse this kind of infringement on free speech?
wvit1001

« Reply #13 on: 02 11, 19, 01:53:05:PM » Reply

Calling someone a crook, a fake lawyer, and racist in public isn't free speech goofy.   It's slander.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #14 on: 02 11, 19, 01:55:19:PM » Reply

Nope it is expressing an opinion!

To be slander you have to not only have the intent to harm but the ability to do so!

That isn't the case in this case!

Again I ask, do you endorse this kind of infringement on free speech?

Apparently, the answer is yes!
wvit1001

« Reply #15 on: 02 11, 19, 01:57:41:PM » Reply

Under Article 10 of the Human Rights Act 1998, “everyone has the right to freedom of expression” in the UK. But the law states that this freedom “may be subject to formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society”.

Those restrictions may be “in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_the_United_Kingdom
D2D

« Reply #16 on: 02 11, 19, 01:58:58:PM » Reply

So it says you have the right to free expression unless the government doesn't like your expression!

That means you have no right to free expression!

Do you endorse this kind of infringement on free speech?
wvit1001

« Reply #17 on: 02 11, 19, 02:00:14:PM » Reply

England and Wales have relatively strict libel laws ("defamation" in Scotland) in that they are often considered pro plaintiff with the defendant asked to prove that they did not commit libel. Compensation awards for libel are also unlimited, in contrast to those for personal injury. Further controversy surrounds the libel laws with regard to costs. Whilst costs can be awarded the ability both to bring and to defend libel cases is often considered to be restricted to the wealthy. Conversely it is possible to initiate a "no win – no fee" case against a wealthy individual or organisation if the individual bringing the case has insignificant assets as even if the case is lost the wealthy individual or organisation are unable to recover their costs. Typically in such cases an out of court settlement is forced upon the wealthy individual or organisation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_defamation_law
D2D

« Reply #18 on: 02 11, 19, 02:01:28:PM » Reply

You still have to prove damages!

No such proof is forthcoming!

Again, you are confusing civil action with criminal action!
wvit1001

« Reply #19 on: 02 11, 19, 02:03:27:PM » Reply

According to English law it looks like the woman will have to prove that the target of her abuse is actually a crook, a fake lawyer and a racist like she was claiming.

You make sure and keep us updated on how this case turns out in the English courts d2.
D2D

« Reply #20 on: 02 11, 19, 02:05:25:PM » Reply

Nope!

The accuser will have to prove her speech damaged his ability to earn income!

The accuser will have to prove he/she/it lost clients as a result of her speech!

Can he/she/it?

Also the he/she/it is a public person/activist therefore the standard increases!

Otherwise politicians could sue their opponents for expressing opinions about them!

Again you have confused civil with criminal!
wvit1001

« Reply #21 on: 02 11, 19, 02:07:24:PM » Reply

....  the defendant asked to prove that they did not commit libel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_defamation_law
wvit1001

« Reply #22 on: 02 11, 19, 02:09:37:PM » Reply

where do you get your information on British law goofy?   I don't see anything like what you described in their laws.

you surely have a link or source don't you?    or are you just making up stuff again like you usually do?
D2D

« Reply #23 on: 02 11, 19, 02:26:07:PM » Reply

Nope!

The accuser will have to prove her speech damaged his ability to earn income!

The accuser will have to prove he/she/it lost clients as a result of her speech!

Can he/she/it?

Also the he/she/it is a public person/activist therefore the standard increases!

Otherwise politicians could sue their opponents for expressing opinions about them!

Again you have confused civil with criminal!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Thought police coming here if Democrats get their way!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory