Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 17, 19, 07:50:15:PM

Login with username and password

Why Trump?
Because every once in a while the Eagle has to remind the Vulture WHO he is.

Search:     Advanced search
2196616 Posts in 248326 Topics by 302 Members
Latest Member: test
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: SPLC goes out of house to defend against RICO suit! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: SPLC goes out of house to defend against RICO suit!  (Read 80 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« on: 02 10, 19, 04:40:15:AM » Reply

On Thursday evening, Baltimore attorney Glen Keith Allen, who is suing the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) for racketeering, wire fraud, defamation, and other claims, told PJ Media that the SPLC has hired a high-powered attorney to defend them in the case. Among other things, Allen's suit demands a court judgment against the SPLC's 501c3 tax-exempt status, which could seriously cripple the organization.
"The SPLC Defendants have engaged Chad Bowman of Ballard Spahr, a large and well-regarded D.C. law firm, as their counsel," Allen told PJ Media in an email statement. He also said that he has formally "served" the SPLC, Heidi Beirich, and Mark Potok and that they have acknowledged and received the service. In other words, it's on.
Ballard Spahr is a Philadelphia-based law firm with more than 650 lawyers nationwide. It was founded in 1885 and is highly respected in the legal field.
Chad R. Bowman is a Washington, D.C. counselor and litigator who focuses on working with new media and legacy media organizations, as well as other nonprofit and for-profits engaged in speech and public advocacy. Before joining Ballard Spahr, Bowman worked as a reporter at The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. (BNA). He has represented media clients in cases involving defamation, privacy, copyright, subpoena, access, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and other First Amendment issues.
Bowman defended the Associated Press against a libel claim from Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, defended Gawker against a defamation claim from former Major League Baseball pitcher Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams, defended The New Yorker against a defamation claim from Canadian art authenticator Paul Biro, and defended CBS Interactive against a defamation claim from Hall of Fame basketball player Scottie Pippen.
The SPLC's decision to hire an attorney with such a high profile, rather than looking to their own internal counsel, suggests a real fear that Allen's lawsuit has teeth and may prevail.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/splc-hires-high-powered-defamation-lawyer-to-defend-tax-exempt-status-in-rico-lawsuit/
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #1 on: 02 10, 19, 10:25:41:AM » Reply

Those lawyer's fees are going to cost them big time!
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 02 10, 19, 10:34:10:AM » Reply

so?
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 02 10, 19, 10:37:56:AM » Reply

Baltimore is at the epicenter of the national debate over police violence, particularly after last week’s release of a Justice Department report documenting deep racial disparities in policing in the city. That makes it particularly surprising, if not bizarre, to find a well-known neo-Nazi lawyer serving in the city’s Law Department and defending the Baltimore Police Department.

Attorney Glen Keith Allen, 65, however, has a long history of supporting one of the most notorious hate groups in America, the neo-Nazi National Alliance (NA).

Allen’s history with organized racism and anti-Semitism is deep. Records obtained by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) show he was a dues-paying member of the National Alliance for years. Allen was also a subscriber to the NA’s racist publications, purchased entrance to a Holocaust denial conference the group held and bought a Holocaust denial DVD the group sold.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/08/17/neo-nazi-lawyer-represents-baltimore-suit-over-wrongful-arrest-and-19-year-imprisonment
D2D

« Reply #4 on: 02 10, 19, 10:49:21:AM » Reply

That lie is why they are being sued!
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #5 on: 02 10, 19, 10:50:52:AM » Reply

I guess it's time to send another check to the SPLC.
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 02 10, 19, 11:07:38:AM » Reply

Allen also appears to be an officer in the AEP. A post on the neo-Nazi web forum Stormfront identifies him as the group’s national secretary, though he is identified in an AEP newsletter as the group’s “Vice Chairman/Parliamentarian.” The party was promoted heavily on Stormfront last year. FEC records show Allen is the AEP’s largest contributor.

In a brief, and somewhat odd YouTube video posted last October, Allen introduced the AEP’s debate on the dangers of vaccinations, stating it was “dedicated to truth.” Allen’s video was promoted on Stormfront the day it was released.

There is more publicly available information on Allen’s association with extremists. Allen was publicly identified as the attorney for the National Alliance on the neo-Nazi Vanguard News Network (VNN) forum almost a decade ago, in a post by current NA Chairman Will Williams. The SPLC also reported Allen as the NA’s attorney in an article last year.

American Eagle Party (AEP) National Committee, according to FEC records. An offshoot of the racist American Freedom Party, the American Eagle Party is run by perennial fringe presidential candidate Merlin Miller. Miller traveled to Iran in 2012 to promote a film project. In an interview with Iran’s Press TV, Miller claimed the Israeli intelligence service, Mossad, was responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
D2D

« Reply #7 on: 02 10, 19, 11:18:20:AM » Reply

Is the SPLC the source for that too, Wvit!
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 02 10, 19, 11:20:20:AM » Reply

is it wrong?   hahahahahahahahahaa.    you know it right don't you d2.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: SPLC goes out of house to defend against RICO suit!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Build The Wall
Go FundMe Link

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About