Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 02:52:15:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653488 Posts in 297927 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Middle Class Dads Freak Out About Trump Tax Hike 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Middle Class Dads Freak Out About Trump Tax Hike  (Read 475 times)
wvit1001

« on: 02 09, 19, 09:19:53:PM » Reply

And among those early birds, many in the middle class have been shocked to find that instead of the nice little chunk of change they were expecting with their return, they actually owe money to Uncle Sam.

What’s the reason for this financial switcheroo? It stems from President Trump’s tax reform, which was passed in 2017 and was touted by Trump and the GOP as a win for the middle class. However, with the new tax system now in place, Americans are discovering that most of the tax relief from the bill is actually being experienced by corporations.

Meanwhile, many people are seeing an increase in taxes due to the bill eliminating many of the deductions that were used by middle-class families in order to lower the amount of taxes they were required to pay. Most notably, the tax reform placed a cap on deductions for taxes on both state and local levels.

Unsurprisingly, people have not been happy to discover that what they expected to be a decrease in taxes paid is actually an increase. Those who had been supporters of Trump are especially infuriated, as many were under the assumption that he would provide financial relief for middle-class families, something that he consistently promised during his Presidential campaign. Many have even taken their anger online, with #GOPTaxSCAMStories trending on Twitter as more and more members of the middle-class express their feelings of betrayal towards Trump and Republicans.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/middle-class-dad-freak-trump-211032057.html
justincase

« Reply #1 on: 02 09, 19, 09:27:19:PM » Reply

I honestly don't see why anyone should be surprised! trump is a conman and he managed to get great tax breaks for his extremely wealthy friends, but shaft his supporters in the middle class. The fact that it has taken them this long to realize it is not surprising. After all, if they weren't idiots, they wouldn't be trump supporters. The sad thing is that even those in the middle class who do not support him got shafted, too.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #2 on: 02 09, 19, 11:08:19:PM » Reply

I love my 2 grand tax break.   Even with all my deductions, I never got close to the $24,000 Trump gratefully took off the top.  No schedule A needed this year.  Anyone who pays lots and lots of state and local tax should not have expected much, if anything and if he was surprised, he wasn't paying attention.  His beef should be with his very high tax state.  Anyone who doesn't pay much tax, well, of course, they have nothing to gripe about anyhow.
fun n games
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 02 10, 19, 04:48:30:AM » Reply

If tRump makes it to re-election half that voted for him last time will not vote for him again.

chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #4 on: 02 10, 19, 11:39:11:AM » Reply

A couple paying more than $24000 in schedule A expenses a year either should be freaking out, or is pretty darn comfortable to begin with, never mind federal taxes.
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 02 10, 19, 11:40:16:AM » Reply

are you jealous chuck?
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #6 on: 02 10, 19, 11:44:15:AM » Reply

Are you drunk again, vit?
zsq987
TRUMP = GREAT President; SOBama/Biden = WORST Presidents

Libs are Racists/Bigots against all White People.

« Reply #7 on: 02 10, 19, 11:46:43:AM » Reply

The Tax Tables went DOWN.

You need to adjust your Deductions accordingly.

Otherwise, you Return will NOT be what you expected from previous years.

DUH!!!!!!
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #8 on: 02 10, 19, 11:47:23:AM » Reply

LOL!

Given you can no longer write off state property taxes on your Federal returns residents of high tax states like New York and Illinois will really feel it!

Of course, those high tax states could lower their taxes!

LOL!

That was funny!

Democrats lowering taxes!

LOL!
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #9 on: 02 10, 19, 11:50:04:AM » Reply

More BS opinions from nitwit the commie stooge LOL!

Our taxman, who we will be seeing in two weeks, says we will be getting more refund this year than last thanks to Trump
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 02 10, 19, 11:57:52:AM » Reply

those high tax states support our federal government.   republican states are all takers.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #11 on: 02 10, 19, 12:07:38:PM » Reply

Dem states taxpayers pay $Billions for the Dim allowed party base of illegals to be here

But then they do love their illegals ....

* 009A3DC6-C75B-4228-BE1F-9DF103108F01.jpeg (14.02 KB, 220x153 - viewed 8 times.)

* 9099B809-6125-4197-AF5B-2098650934B0.jpeg (26.59 KB, 220x293 - viewed 8 times.)
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Middle Class Dads Freak Out About Trump Tax Hike
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory