Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 05:44:09:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2661883 Posts in 298731 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: What caused the climate changes before the left started blaming 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: What caused the climate changes before the left started blaming  (Read 148 times)
dont-blameme
Contributor

« on: 02 06, 19, 01:28:02:PM » Reply

man or do they even know?
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #1 on: 02 06, 19, 01:48:54:PM » Reply

Well, look who you are asking!

The same people that say everything came from nothing
You can keep your same Dr
We have to pass it to see what’s in it (what a Dr says about a stool sample) irony moment

You get my drift
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 02 06, 19, 01:52:17:PM » Reply

the climate has always changed blammie, nobody is saying it hasn't.

it's just that the reason our climate is quickly changing now is because of man's industrial activities on this planet.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #3 on: 02 06, 19, 02:02:40:PM » Reply

In the interest of clearing this all up (Yet AGAIN), lets repeat the class one more time.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/phaBUQ3NU1w" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/phaBUQ3NU1w</a>
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 02 06, 19, 02:09:31:PM » Reply

The figures and statements made in the Temple video are incorrect.  There is no downward trend in temperatures during the Holocene (references below). The sun has also not been cooling during the Holocene (references below).  The Holocene figure that you use to make several of your points is incorrect.  It is based on Dr. Richard Alley’s work (referenced below) with the GISP2 dataset.  The GISP2 dataset actually ends in 1855 not the present.  Another dataset from around 30km away from GISP2 in Greenland that does continue to near present is the GRIP (referenced below).  It shows warming of around 1.5 degrees Celsius during 1855-2009. This means that today’s indication on your figure should be significantly higher.  The present temperature at this general location in Greenland is actually warmer than many other time periods during the Holocene at this location.  Of course, as you point out, this figure is only for one location in Greenland.  If we look globally the average temperature increase since 1860 is around 1 degree Celsius.  Current global temperatures are warmer than at least 90% of global Holocene temperatures (referenced below). 

The climate changed during the Holocene due to Milankovitch Cycles, changes in solar irradiance, and volcanic activity, none of which fit your sinusoidal function. The figure for global temperature that you show since 1998 is also incorrect.  1998 was abnormally warm due to a severe El Nino event, but the long term global trend of increasing temperature continues.  2015, 2016, and 2017 are the three warmest years on record globally (referenced below).  The dominant radiative forcing (warming mechanism) over the last 150 years has been anthropogenic CO2 and this will continue to warm the global atmosphere (referenced below).

Dr. Nessie

P.S.  Do please watch my videos on the basic science of climate change!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YCxJH7V_AB4" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/YCxJH7V_AB4</a>
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 02 06, 19, 02:16:10:PM » Reply

Solar Minimum is Coming

High up in the clear blue noontime sky, the sun appears to be much the same day-in, day-out, year after year.

But astronomers have long known that this is not true. The sun does change. Properly-filtered telescopes reveal a fiery disk often speckled with dark sunspots. Sunspots are strongly magnetized, and they crackle with solar flares—magnetic explosions that illuminate Earth with flashes of X-rays and extreme ultraviolet radiation. The sun is a seething mass of activity.

Until it’s not. Every 11 years or so, sunspots fade away, bringing a period of relative calm.

“This is called solar minimum,” says Dean Pesnell of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. “And it’s a regular part of the sunspot cycle.”

The sun is heading toward solar minimum now. Sunspot counts were relatively high in 2014, and now they are sliding toward a low point expected in 2019-2020.

While intense activity such as sunspots and solar flares subside during solar minimum, that doesn’t mean the sun becomes dull. Solar activity simply changes form.

What difference would a grand solar minimum make in the amount of solar energy reaching us?  Relative to current levels, the Dalton Minimum represents a 0.08% decrease, and the Maunder Minimum represents a 0.25% decline in solar radiation at the Earth's surface.  That's how stable solar activity is.

https://skepticalscience.com/grand-solar-minimum-mini-ice-age-intermediate.htm
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 02 06, 19, 02:21:49:PM » Reply

Peter Temple biography - Marketing/advertising executive, past-president and managing partner in Canada’s largest retail advertising agency. Focus on marketing, presentations, and television-related media.

Accounts: the Bay, Westin Hotels, Zales Jewelers, Petro-Canada, Gulf Oil, Revelstoke.

I don't see any science background at all jim.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 02 06, 19, 02:47:16:PM » Reply

LMAO at poor ole dense wvit  and his reply----------the climate has always changed blammie, nobody is saying it hasn't. lol lol lol lol

Now the part were man comes into play----it's just that the reason our climate is quickly changing now is because of man's industrial activities on this planet. lol lol lol lol

No way in hell can you make this crazy shit up that the left uses to explain what they really can't explain.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #8 on: 02 06, 19, 02:50:12:PM » Reply

The UN is not a science based org. Nitwit
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #9 on: 02 06, 19, 02:52:25:PM » Reply

See blameme?

They have no answer making any points on AGW mute
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 02 06, 19, 02:52:55:PM » Reply

nobody said the UN was a science organization sine.
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 02 06, 19, 02:55:36:PM » Reply

I can explain MMCC in a nutshell blammie.   

Man's industrial activities have quickly increased the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere.   CO2 is a very effective greenhouse gas.   This added greenhouse gas is causing the warming of our planet.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: What caused the climate changes before the left started blaming
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory