Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 09:22:11:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653637 Posts in 297945 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: What do you think best explains the increased obesity rates in USA? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: What do you think best explains the increased obesity rates in USA?  (Read 1685 times)
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #12 on: 02 05, 19, 09:48:50:PM » Reply

warren-

damn dude....6'2 and 145, you must have been really lean.

and I don't mind "old fart rants."

those are some of the best kinds
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #13 on: 02 05, 19, 10:43:36:PM » Reply

Look what moo-shell was trying to feed them kids, hell I feed my two dogs better then what she was wanting the kids to eat.
seahooker

« Reply #14 on: 02 05, 19, 10:46:43:PM » Reply

Possibly steroids that are given to animals to increase their size may also contribute. DNA has a great effect and all the rest noted combined.
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #15 on: 02 05, 19, 10:46:52:PM » Reply

dontblame-

I thought it was just a lot more greens, and lean meat. 
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #16 on: 02 05, 19, 10:54:54:PM » Reply

Eating healthy is not all the answer. kids now days are not allowed to be kids, e played outdoors ran hiked played cowboys and Indians, we were always busy doing something.

If you show to much energy in schools now days some dumb ass young teacher, will claim you have problems and you'll wind up on drugs walk around like a zombie and put on weight. 

Schools teachers should of never been allowed to make medical decisions about a child mental health.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #17 on: 02 06, 19, 04:25:01:AM » Reply

Adult obesity is caused by inactivity, nervous eating and Obama years unemployment!

Now that Obama's war on jobs is over the obesity rate will go down!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #18 on: 02 06, 19, 05:09:49:AM » Reply

I blame not enough recess/gym time. And...everyone is sitting on their butts  for long periods of time with electronics. Take a walk! Baby steps....
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #19 on: 02 06, 19, 05:31:38:AM » Reply

are adults less active than they used to be?  i would say no.  about the same.  and yet they show the same obesity rates, generally.  I believe it is the fast food addiction, with the processed foods, the tons of salt, maybe even having something to do with hormones and crap they feed livestock to make them grow faster. 

it is just not kids who are fatter than ever, but it is sad for me to go out on a pretty day, with a park about 500' from my house, and there is not one kid out there playing.  or riding a bike.  or just walking around.  we are not doing them any favors by not requiring them to get more exercise and get out of the house more often and walk around if nothing else.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #20 on: 02 06, 19, 01:00:51:PM » Reply

School cafeterias are not the problem.  It's what they do and eat before and after school.

If I may deliver an old fart rant... In my day, fat kids were somewhat rare, and so were helicopter parents.  We walked almost everywhere we went... to school, to town to spend our 25 cent allowance, etc.  We played in the woods a mile from home.

I agree.  School lunches play a small part.  If you feed kids what they will eat, then there is no problem.  But taking recess, and gym class away is.
Requiring parents to drive kids to school, or bus them, does play a huge part. (we lived 1/2 block from the "bus line", which meant we weren't eligible to ride), so we walked to school every day. 
We couldn't afford cars to drive in high school, so we walked everywhere.  We all had paper routes, lawn mowing jobs, shoveled snow.  We played outside after we did our chores, we weren't allowed to watch tv except on Saturday mornings after we cleaned our rooms and did chores, or after dark in the winter when dishes and dinner were done...but because our dad chose what we could watch, we usually went to our rooms to play games.  Board games.

It's a fact that parenting "advice" has taken over and created a soft society.  It's also a fact that initiatives like "it takes a village" and "healthy eating" were nothing more than opportunities to over-regulate and suck more money out of the coffers creating jobs that did little to nothing. 

It was a fact that during Michelle O's initiative, more food was wasted in school cafeterias than ever before.  Kids became lethargic and testy in the afternoons because they hadn't eaten, much less eaten healthy.  What the hell is wrong with a simple cheese or PBJ sammich, or a slice of pizza, if it is what a child will eat? 

chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #21 on: 02 06, 19, 01:04:38:PM » Reply

What do you think best explains the increased obesity rates in USA?

It means that Americans are getting more than enough to eat   
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #22 on: 02 06, 19, 01:20:33:PM » Reply

Baby Boomers spoiled their kids, and now those kids are SUPER Spoiling their kids.

It all starts with the parents.

Easy access to fast food doesn't help.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #23 on: 02 06, 19, 01:40:57:PM » Reply

I see a lot of obesity in the form of fatheads walking and talking around

Mostly Democrats a good example ^^^^
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: What do you think best explains the increased obesity rates in USA?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory