Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 11:24:03:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653720 Posts in 297947 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: What do you think best explains the increased obesity rates in USA? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: What do you think best explains the increased obesity rates in USA?  (Read 1695 times)
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« on: 02 05, 19, 05:37:22:PM » Reply

these are studies as of September 2018.

Updated September 2018: According to the most recent Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) data, adult obesity rates now exceed 35%
in seven states, 30% in 29 states and 25% in 48 states. West Virginia has the highest adult obesity rate at 38.1% and Colorado has the lowest at 22.6%.
The adult obesity rate increased in Iowa, Massachusetts, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and South Carolina between 2016 and 2017,
and remained stable in the rest of states

https://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/

Not just obesity, but type 2 diabetes rates are alarmingly high.

In the 70s, it was incredibly rare for it to be found in children.

Now, 1 in 3 children have type 2 diabetes. 

In your non-professional opinion, what do you believe are the causes for the increased rates in obesity? 

1)  poor eating habits?
2)  high fructose sugar in everything?
3)  lack of exercise?
4)  mammoth portions? 
5)  stress?

and a bonus question, why did Michelle Obama get such a fierce reaction from Conservatives/Republicans for suggesting to American people to eat more healthy?

was that really out of line? 

justincase

« Reply #1 on: 02 05, 19, 05:42:09:PM » Reply

Poor eating habits and lack of exercise. Bring PE and exercise back to schools!! Not only is it healthier, but kids need a way to burn off some energy!
justincase

« Reply #2 on: 02 05, 19, 05:43:44:PM » Reply

and a bonus question, why did Michelle Obama get such a fierce reaction from Conservatives/Republicans for suggesting to American people to eat more healthy?

was that really out of line? 

No, it wasn't out of line at all. But then, she could find the cure for cancer and the filthy repubs would still criticize her.
stretch351c
Contributor

That which does not kill me, had better run

« Reply #3 on: 02 05, 19, 05:44:12:PM » Reply

It wasn't her suggestion,  it was the actual interference in school lunch programs that caused the backlash.
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #4 on: 02 05, 19, 05:46:15:PM » Reply

Remember Jamie Oliver?  He's the guy that got kicked out of schools for trying to teach kids how to eat healthy.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #5 on: 02 05, 19, 05:51:41:PM » Reply

The getting rid of Gym activities in schools. Video Games, Tables and iPhones.  Not allowing them to go beyond the boundary lines or the eyesight of home. To not walk a mile or two to discover ones own neighborhood.  Powered skateboards and others like it. Lack of activity. 

I ate whatever and how much I wanted. But was outside every day doing something and having to walk wherever I went.

sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #6 on: 02 05, 19, 05:57:28:PM » Reply

Kids have to be driven to school instead of walking like I did!

Just informed the the county I’m moving away from has the most fast food restaurants per capita
and the worst health!

Cause & effect ?
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #7 on: 02 05, 19, 05:58:08:PM » Reply

Stretch,

could you expand on that?

on how she "interfered?"

(this question is asked not in a "gotcha question" tone, just genuinely interested in your response)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #8 on: 02 05, 19, 05:58:46:PM » Reply

Let parents make their kids lunch instead of forcing kids to eat the garbage at the cafeteria.  Yeah I know, some kids have allergies.  Fine. Let those kids with allergies to have the cafeteria to themselves and eat first.  Or have a separate room with two chairs for the only kid in school with an allergy. One chair for him/her and the other for a teacher to keep them company.

stretch351c
Contributor

That which does not kill me, had better run

« Reply #9 on: 02 05, 19, 06:09:30:PM » Reply

I don't remember what the plan was called, but it mandated changes in school lunch programs which resulted in kids actually eating less healthy foods because what was served turned them off.
warrenpees

Stable genius.

« Reply #10 on: 02 05, 19, 07:34:34:PM » Reply

School cafeterias are not the problem.  It's what they do and eat before and after school.

If I may deliver an old fart rant... In my day, fat kids were somewhat rare, and so were helicopter parents.  We walked almost everywhere we went... to school, to town to spend our 25 cent allowance, etc.  We played in the woods a mile from home.

When I got my drivers' license at 15, I was 6'2" and 145lbs!
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #11 on: 02 05, 19, 07:52:59:PM » Reply

School cafeterias apparently were a problem for Micheal Obama/Soetoro
Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: What do you think best explains the increased obesity rates in USA?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory