Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 03:13:03:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Something's going around 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Something's going around  (Read 1987 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« on: 01 22, 19, 02:31:57:PM » Reply

I had my flu shot but it started with scratchy cough and asthma which I rarely have any more.  Thought my rescue inhaler would fix it but then came the body aches and a nose like a faucet.  It's all the wrong way around.  I'm down for the count today!

Binge watching some TV on the sofa!
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 01 22, 19, 02:59:47:PM » Reply

Oh dang!  Hope you feel better soon.

Hubby spent the holidays fighting a bug.  I was so scared he would give it to one of the grandkids, but their mama said they were already sick and probably gave it to Grampa.  Personally, I think that giant petri dish of a factory we work in was the culprit.

It hit him hard and took nearly 3 weeks to get over.  I am glad I was sleeping in the livingroom during my recovery so I wouldn't catch it either.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 01 22, 19, 03:18:28:PM » Reply

That's bad timing at Christmas takn.  It's so hard to avoid germs and I hear people coughing in the stores, practically down each aisle.  Hubby now thinks he's got it coming and he's at the store getting some baked chicken and other stuff to hold us over until I feel like cooking.  I usually bounce back fast, but I'm going to stay away from public places for a while.  I've got plenty of stuff in the freezer but don't feel like cooking right now.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 01 22, 19, 03:24:30:PM » Reply

Rest well, and even if all you feel like is some tea or something, try a cup of hot consomme.  I just melt a bouillon cube in a cup of boiling water and sip it. 
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 01 22, 19, 04:01:58:PM » Reply

Hubby's not well  here either.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 01 23, 19, 01:17:55:AM » Reply

Daughter and granddaughter in California have exactly the same symptoms, so it must have spread nationwide.  My poor daughter and son-in-law purchased this architectural house with the plan of keeping the bones and structure of it but demolishing the whole inside of it and camping out in one room.  I think they never envisioned exactly what they were taking on and with the ceilings coming down and the floor coming up, the mess and dust is unbearable and now she is sick I am really worried about her.  Even their dogs are reacting and one chewed her paws so bad, she went to the vet today.  I said to rent a trailer and live in it away from the atmosphere of the house or see if you can get a motel that will take animals for a bit until the pollution has gone, but that's doubtful.  If she feels like I do right now, I'm really worried about her.

I'm going to hit the Benadryl tonight because it will knock me out and stop the sneezing!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 01 23, 19, 04:57:30:AM » Reply

Thank goodness for Benadryl!
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 01 23, 19, 01:00:57:PM » Reply

Oh, what a plateful!

You need to sit back and try not to worry, it will make your body react and take longer to get over this.

The flu has been hitting hard at work, we had a manager who was out for a week and yesterday, his wife and kids came down with it.

I am just praying and taking my vitamins...I want my foot back so I am staying away from as many people as I can...still have another week before my next eval.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 01 28, 19, 10:08:03:AM » Reply

And now I got it...hacking up a lung.....no fever though.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 01 28, 19, 10:48:44:AM » Reply

It really has hit my husband hard.  He moved himself to another bedroom last night as he was coughing so bad and still sneezing.  I still feel it in my body but I'm functioning.  Having to force ourselves to eat a little and get plenty of fluids.  It seems like this bad bug is everywhere.  Wish I had shares in Delsyms, Mucinex and Tylenol!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 01 28, 19, 12:13:58:PM » Reply

My eyes are a mess...they burn so bad.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 01 28, 19, 01:26:28:PM » Reply

So sorry sun, that must be so uncomfortable.  Try and rest as much as you can and put some cool cloths or pads over your eyes.  We have hardly been eating anything, soups mainly and actually had some scrambled eggs yesterday.  I have all the ingredients for a hearty beef stew so I think I will make it today and hope to build ourselves back up.  I have lost 3 pounds which I didn't need to do as I normally never get above 120.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Something's going around
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory