Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 01:31:20:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662681 Posts in 298803 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: "Black Muslims" made my son do it, ..... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: "Black Muslims" made my son do it, .....  (Read 254 times)
wvit1001

« Reply #12 on: 01 20, 19, 03:57:48:PM » Reply

U.S. Rep. Deb Haaland, D-New Mexico, who is a member of the Pueblo of Laguna and had been at the rally earlier in the day, used Twitter to sharply criticize what she called a "heartbreaking" display of "blatant hate, disrespect, and intolerance."

Haaland, who is also Catholic, told AP she was particularly saddened to see the boys mocking an elder, who is revered in Native American culture. She placed some of the blame on President Donald Trump, who has used Indian names like Pocahontas as an insult.

"It is sad that we have a president who uses Native American women's names as racial slurs, and that's an example that these kids are clearly following considering the fact that they had their 'Make America Great Again' hats on," Haaland said. "He's really brought out the worst in people."
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #13 on: 01 20, 19, 03:59:55:PM » Reply

So you think disrespecting Bull Shit is wrong zippy Huh?

You prove you don’t with most of your post here, zippy!
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #14 on: 01 20, 19, 04:05:02:PM » Reply

yeah, that's the video local.   what was I supposed to see?

Did you see him make disparaging comments. Did you see hm jump in front of the vet to block him? How about "build the wall" chants? What racist acts did he commit?

What did you see him do wrong?
wvit1001

« Reply #15 on: 01 20, 19, 04:10:20:PM » Reply

Among the unfortunate messages that the Covington students are sending through the video, several versions of which have gone viral, is that in its heart the pro-life movement in the United States in 2019 is less concerned to advocate for human rights than to cheer for one of the two major political parties or, more broadly, for one side in the great divide between Right and Left, or red and blue, as if the abortion debate were a Yankees–Red Sox game. Don’t do that if you want to persuade Democrats and independents who are ambivalent about abortion to hear you out on why their lives mattered even when they were gestating, and on why the lives of those who at any given moment are conceived but not yet born matter no less.

In a joint statement, Covington Catholic High School and the Diocese of Covington apologized, condemning the students’ actions and noting that their conduct “is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.” I don’t know how Phillips would describe his religious affiliation. He speaks of indigenous traditions. Some people who observe them integrate them with Christianity, but some don’t. In any case, keeping in mind the parable of the proper priests and the Good Samaritan, whose religious practice Jesus’s listeners thought was wrong, listen to Phillips reflect on his experience on the Mall. Decide for yourself who is more pleasing to Christ, Phillips or his mockers. As for the putatively Catholic students from Covington, they might as well have just spit on the cross and got it over with.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/nathan-phillips-covington-catholic-high-school-march-for-life-mocking-students-spit-cross/
Local5th

« Reply #16 on: 01 20, 19, 04:14:24:PM » Reply

Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.

There is bigotry in play here. And it's due to fact the boy is Catholic.

BTW, where did you see mocking in the video?
wvit1001

« Reply #17 on: 01 20, 19, 04:17:18:PM » Reply

Phillips, a former Marine, said the incident started as a group of Catholic students from Kentucky were observing the Black Israelites talk, and started to get upset at their speeches. The Catholic group then got bigger and bigger, with more than 100 assembled at one point, he said.

"They witnessed these individuals on their soapbox saying what they had to say," Phillips said. "They didn't agree with it and got offended."

Then, things got heated.

"They were in the process of attacking these four black individuals," Phillip said. "I was there and I was witnessing all of this ... As this kept on going on and escalating, it just got to a point where you do something or you walk away, you know? You see something that is wrong and you're faced with that choice of right or wrong. "

Phillips said some of the members of the Black Hebrew group were also acting up, "saying some harsh things" and that one member spit in the direction of the Catholic students. "So I put myself in between that, between a rock and hard place," he said.

But then, the crowd of mostly male students turned their anger towards Phillips.

"There was that moment when I realized I've put myself between beast and prey," Phillips said. "These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that."

The crowd of students, some of whom wore MAGA caps, mocked Native Americans while chanting "Build the Wall" and using derogatory language, he said. The students had a "mob mentality" that "was scary," Phillips said. "It was ugly, what these kids were involved in. It was racism. It was hatred. It was scary."

Speaking from his niece's home, Phillips said: "I'm a Marine Corps veteran and I know what that mob mentality can be like. That's where it was at. It got to a point where they just needed something for them to ... just tear them apart. I mean, it was that ugly."

Phillips said he recalled "the looks in these young men's faces ... I mean, if you go back and look at the lynchings that was done (in America) ...and you'd see the faces on the people ... The glee and the hatred in their faces, that's what these faces looked like."

"When I took that drum and started singing, I placed myself in between these two factions of people. It wasn't a real conscious process, it was just what they call a spur of the moment."

Phillips said the blame for the incident is with the students' chaperones.

"If their own instructors, their own teachers, their own chaperones, would have handled the situation right from the beginning, it would never have happened," Phillips said. "I would have never been bothered with it."

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/01/20/native-american-leader-nathan-phillips-recounts-incident-video/2630256002/
Local5th

« Reply #18 on: 01 20, 19, 04:23:32:PM » Reply

But then, the crowd of mostly male students turned their anger towards Phillips.

You talking about the name calling, threats, pushing and shoving, and intimidation shown in the video?

I seen none of that.
Mystic
Are you dumb all the time or just when I'm around?
Honored Member

My guess is - all the time.

« Reply #19 on: 01 20, 19, 04:34:11:PM » Reply

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WzJU1L-1VrE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/WzJU1L-1VrE</a>
wvit1001

« Reply #20 on: 01 20, 19, 04:39:46:PM » Reply

I guess you guys see what you want to see.   It's good that the church elders in charge of the kids don't see it that way.   I guess since they answer to God they feel more responsibility to look at things honestly.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #21 on: 01 20, 19, 04:40:34:PM » Reply

The supporters of the Indians were making nasty comments about Our President.
wvit1001

« Reply #22 on: 01 20, 19, 04:44:01:PM » Reply

The supporters of the Indians?   what are you yammering about now goofy?
Local5th

« Reply #23 on: 01 20, 19, 04:46:23:PM » Reply

I guess you guys see what you want to see.

No. We just don't see shit that isn't there wvitt. And based on the video none of your claims are supportable.

Interesting thing is the vet supports the mother claim that the black Muslims started it.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: "Black Muslims" made my son do it, .....
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory