Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 09:51:44:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660492 Posts in 298594 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Democrats about to be bitten by the law of unintended consequences! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Democrats about to be bitten by the law of unintended consequences!  (Read 51 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« on: 01 17, 19, 01:58:06:AM » Reply

Much ink has been spilled either bemoaning or defending the government shutdown, including on the "pages" of PJ Media. Outside of the fact that my wife's commute to her office across the street from the U.S. Capitol is much quicker than it was a few weeks ago,  the whole thing is mostly white noise to me. (I'm sure I deserve criticism for my callous lack of interest.) For the most part, the shutdown has not been able to find a dance partner in my head, until now. And the shutdown is now personal because I've discovered that it's affecting beer distribution. Thankfully, one brave craft beer company (Atlas Brew Works) has sued the government over the shutdown.
In short, the shutdown has closed the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau that regulates the labels that beer companies put on their products. Part of the Treasury Department, the ATTTB regulates a variety of aspects of liquor stores, bars, cigar shops, gun stores, breweries, etc. Basically, if it's fun, the ATTTB makes sure that there are extra hurdles to jump over before anyone can enjoy that fun. When it comes to beer, the ATTTB ensures that we know how much alcohol is in it and that we can read the Surgeon General's scolding before we take a drink.
Well, Atlas Brew Works is unable to release their annual special spring beer in kegs because there is no one working at the ATTTB to approve the label. Instead of moving ahead with packaging and distribution, the beer, an apricot IPA named The Precious One, sits in a tank in the brewery. As a rule, problems generally compound problems, and while the beer won't expire until early May, The Precious One is taking up room in tanks that could be used for the making of other beer. Atlas Brew Works' ability to produce and distribute beer has been adversely affected by the government shutdown.
Not content to simply wait for our unwieldy government to begin creaking along again, Atlas Brew Works has sued the government. The local website DCist explains that the brewery "has filed a suit against the acting U.S. attorney general, claiming that its inability to sell labeled beer is a violation of its First Amendment rights."

https://pjmedia.com/trending/craft-beer-company-sues-government-over-shutdown/

What will Democrats do if the courts rule such labels must be automatically approved during shutdowns?
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Democrats about to be bitten by the law of unintended consequences!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory