Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 10:00:52:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663146 Posts in 298845 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Fox Opinion piece published saying Dems are winning 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Fox Opinion piece published saying Dems are winning  (Read 15 times)
wvit1001

« on: 01 16, 19, 12:21:28:PM » Reply

Is FOX starting to turn or was it placed to get Trump riled up again?

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are fighting to end the partial government shutdown – or as some see it, the “showdown” between them and the president – and they are winning. I am not alone in this opinion.

The numbers back it up. Polls show the majority of Americans blame President Trump and Republicans for this shutdown – not Speaker Pelosi or Senate Minority Leader Schumer.

Why? A majority of Americans do not favor building a wall, which is at the crux of this shutdown. While most voters believe there is a border crisis, they don’t feel Trump’s border wall will solve the problem, echoing the sentiments of the Democratic leadership.

So what’s going on here? More than just semantics. During the campaign, Trump said he was going to build a 30-foot-tall concrete wall to span the entire length of the border. What the Democrats wanted then, and still want now, is to strategically place clear-view secure fencing that works hand in hand with surveillance technology.

Illegal immigration has also been steadily dropping for the past decade.  Back when the Secure Fence Act was agreed upon, there was a surge in illegal immigration, which at its peak had about 12.2 million people crossing and over a million apprehensions. Compare that to now, where the number of those coming over the border has dropped by more than a million and apprehensions are down to around 400,000.

So how do I know that Pelosi and Schumer and the Democrats are winning on this? Because Republicans are wavering. Senator Lindsay Graham, R-S.C., has proposed re-opening the government while talks continue and three GOP senators – Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Susan Collins of Maine, and Cory Gardner of Colorado – have said they would break with Trump to re-open the government.

One last point: Although Speaker Pelosi calls the wall immoral, I disagree. It’s not immoral, but it is ineffective and Democrats know this. The majority of undocumented immigrants come to the United States through our airports and overstay their visas. Within the past month, three tunnels were discovered between the United States and Mexico – one about 50 feet long from Mexico to a parking lot in Arizona, and two others in the border city of Nogales. Authorities suspect the tunnels were built to smuggle people or contraband across the border.

And the president’s argument that drugs are being smuggled over the border is also ringing hollow. A little over a week ago, 709 pounds of cocaine were seized at a Port of Philadelphia facility, the largest haul in 10 years. These drugs were found inside containers that came from Puerto Rico.  Even the El Chapo trial shows us the president is wrong when it comes to drugs, as witnesses have been saying for weeks that while Joaquin Guzman (El Chapo) moved tons of cocaine and heroin from Mexico to the U.S., almost none of it came across the unsecured stretch of our borders.

Democrats and the leadership under Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer know this is more than a political power play and they know what’s really at stake; returning approximately 800,000 federal workers back to their jobs and securing the border with smart choices, not by fulfilling a campaign promise made by a Republican president.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/on-the-shutdown-pelosi-and-schumer-are-winning
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #1 on: 01 16, 19, 01:45:28:PM » Reply

Fox News finally got something right.  So how come the trumpet puppets haven't been throwing kudos at them OR the Rs haven't been repeating this story...
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Fox Opinion piece published saying Dems are winning
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory