Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 02:14:22:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660656 Posts in 298613 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump tried to bypass Nancy Pelosi, Nobody showed up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Trump tried to bypass Nancy Pelosi, Nobody showed up  (Read 412 times)
wvit1001

« on: 01 15, 19, 03:55:49:PM » Reply

Trump tried a new strategy to get his border wall by going around House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Politico reported. He failed spectacularly.

On Tuesday, Trump invited moderate House Democrats to join him at the White House for lunch to talk about his wall and the shutdown. He used a similar strategy when Paul Ryan controlled the House, going around the speaker to negotiate with the far-right Freedom Caucus. But unlike Republicans, no Democrats attended the lunch meeting, according to White House press secretary Sarah Sanders.

The embarrassing episode shows two things: Democrats are united on shutdown politics and the president is underestimating Pelosi’s hold on her caucus.

“Is anybody surprised that the president is trying to get votes wherever he can get votes?” House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) asked reporters this morning, laughing as he said it. “We are totally united, totally.”

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/15/18183820/trump-nancy-pelosi-house-democrats-government-shutdown
wvit1001

« Reply #1 on: 01 15, 19, 03:57:56:PM » Reply

You'd have to be so dumb to be a Democrat and ignore Pelosi on this. The entire concept of a shutdown is a Republican invention that makes no sense whatsoever.
justincase

« Reply #2 on: 01 15, 19, 03:58:14:PM » Reply

Of course no one showed up. He was going to feed them the leftovers from yesterday!
gwboolean

« Reply #3 on: 01 15, 19, 04:00:51:PM » Reply

Actually, his trying to do that is about the first sign of competence that Der Fuhrer has ever shown.  However, it also shows how desperate he is.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #4 on: 01 15, 19, 04:04:22:PM » Reply

yuck - day old cold french fries are not a way to curry favor.

Trump defeated by an strong intelligent and politically savvy woman.    winning!
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 01 15, 19, 04:04:38:PM » Reply

"[McConnell] is running scared a little bit here because he sees no exit from this. And without any exit, he's figured there's nothing he can do, and anything he can do would probably hurt the Republican majority, and he wants to avoid that at all costs.

"One of the reasons that he's not doing anything, I think, is because he doesn't know what to do. He and the Republican majority in the Senate have tied themselves so closely to Trump that they can't cross him, so that Trump has painted himself into a corner on all of this, and he's taken McConnell with the Republicans with him."
justincase

« Reply #6 on: 01 15, 19, 04:06:30:PM » Reply

Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #7 on: 01 15, 19, 04:24:23:PM » Reply

When will they have enough votes to override and ignore Frump?  Smiley
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #8 on: 01 15, 19, 04:42:20:PM » Reply

Our President showed leadership and the dems showed babyship. The wall will go up, and your illegals will be stopped, ms/mr davik62.
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 01 15, 19, 04:44:41:PM » Reply

no, he didn't show leadership.    leadership would be sitting down with the leaders of the House and Senate to work out an agreement.

what trump's doing is like a little kid trying to get the answer she's wanting.   
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #10 on: 01 15, 19, 08:50:49:PM » Reply

Yep, the Ds chose to sit on their arses, letting the shutdown (and people not getting paid) they love so much more than the wall continue on.  They can't say they weren't invited to try to get past this.
justincase

« Reply #11 on: 01 15, 19, 08:56:07:PM » Reply

There goes fascist chuckie again, not convincing anyone with his bullshit.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump tried to bypass Nancy Pelosi, Nobody showed up
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory