Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 01:26:44:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660545 Posts in 298599 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Democrat war on the First Amendment continues! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Democrat war on the First Amendment continues!  (Read 189 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« on: 01 14, 19, 07:21:52:PM » Reply

Today’s news out from the Justice Department serves to remind us that this battle for the First Amendment is far from over, however.

For months now, the Department of Justice (DOJ) quietly has been working on a revision to its guidelines governing how, when and why prosecutors can obtain the records of journalists, particularly in leak cases.
The work has been supervised by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein’s office, especially since former Attorney General Jeff Sessions departed, but is not wrapped up.
The effort has the potential to touch off a First Amendment debate with a press corps that already has high degrees of distrust of and disfunction with the Trump administration.
Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker is aware of the effort but has not been given a final recommendation. Sources close to Whitaker say he will await final judgment but, in recent days, has developed reservations about proceeding with the plan.

And this is just as dastardly as it sounds:

Multiple sources familiar with the ongoing DOJ review tell me that it has two main goals. The first is to lower the threshold that prosecutors must meet before requesting subpoenas for journalists’ records; the second is to eliminate the need to alert a media organization that Justice intends to issue a subpoena.

https://flagandcross.com/the-war-on-free-speech-gets-bolstered-by-outgoing-deputy-ag-rod-rosenstein/
justincase

« Reply #1 on: 01 14, 19, 07:23:37:PM » Reply

D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #2 on: 01 15, 19, 02:38:32:AM » Reply

Further proof Democrats are against the First Amendment!
warrenpees

Stable genius.

« Reply #3 on: 01 15, 19, 06:48:41:AM » Reply

How fucked-in-the-brain do you have to be to believe that Democrats somehow run the Trump DOJ?
D2D

« Reply #4 on: 01 15, 19, 06:56:59:AM » Reply

Warren, who do you think is attracted to working at the DOJ?

Republicans who oppose big government or Democrats who love big government?

Remember it is Democrats who believe they have the right to control the lives of others!
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #5 on: 01 15, 19, 06:57:09:AM » Reply

someone stupid enough to use flagandcross as a source for anything outside of a crazy ass conspiracy theory. 

somebody needs to sit these yahoos down and somehow manage to get them to believe if all you do is listen to fox or believe breitbart or flag and cross or rush or gateway pundit or the Washington Examiner or Infowars, you will never break out of the right wing fart bubble of reality that causes you to post such ridiculous shit. 
Oscar_LaVista

« Reply #6 on: 01 15, 19, 06:59:25:AM » Reply

Warren, who do you think is attracted to working at the DOJ?

Republicans who oppose big government or Democrats who love big government?

Remember it is Democrats who believe they have the right to control the lives of others!

first off, jellyhead- do you know what the letters DOJ stand for?  Department Of Justice.  Somehow you believe anyone wanting to work for justice is a democrat.  Okay, I can go with that.  Why do you think that is a bad thing?
warrenpees

Stable genius.

« Reply #7 on: 01 15, 19, 07:07:11:AM » Reply

I want to take this opportunity to thank Trump for appointing only Democrats to run the DOJ.  (Honorable mention to the Republican Senate for confirming them.)
Oscar_LaVista

« Reply #8 on: 01 15, 19, 07:19:17:AM » Reply

it is part of a soros funded deep state obama conspiracy.  even senate repubs are in on it. 
D2D

« Reply #9 on: 01 15, 19, 07:55:02:PM » Reply

DOJ is just a name and Democrats who do work for it are determined to end all Constitutional rights with the goal of creating a Democrat party run dictatorship!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Democrat war on the First Amendment continues!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory