Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 24, 07:16:39:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660978 Posts in 298644 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Antarctica ice melt has accelerated by 280% in the last 4 decades 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4  Print
Author Topic: Antarctica ice melt has accelerated by 280% in the last 4 decades  (Read 1179 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #36 on: 01 15, 19, 11:24:22:PM » Reply

As I posted above there is no correlation between rising CO2 levels and temperature!
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #37 on: 01 16, 19, 12:04:43:AM » Reply

The dark waters of a lake deep beneath the West Antarctic ice sheet and a few hundred miles from the South Pole are teeming with bacterial life, say scientists — despite it being one of the most extreme environments on Earth.
    The discovery has implications for the search for life on other planets — in particular on the planet Mars, where signs of a buried lake of liquid saltwater were seen in data reported last year by the European Space Agency's orbiting Mars Express spacecraft.
   Expedition leader John Priscu, a professor of polar ecology at the University of Montana, told Live Science in a telephone interview from Antarctica this week that early studies of water samples taken from Lake Mercer — which is buried beneath a glacier — showed that they contained approximately 10,000 bacterial cells per milliliter.
   That's only about 1 percent of the 1 million microbial cells per milliliter typically found in the open ocean, but a very high level for a sunless body of water buried deep beneath an Antarctic glacier.
   Priscu said that the high levels of bacterial life in the dark and deeply buried lake were signs that it might support higher life-forms, such as microscopic animals like tardigrades. [See Photos of Expedition to Subglacial Lake Mercer]
   "We saw lots of bacteria — and the [lake] system has enough organic matter, you would think, to support higher life-forms." Priscu said. "We are really going to get a good look for higher organisms, like animals … but that won't be done for another couple of months."
   The abundance of bacterial life in Lake Mercer complements the discovery of high levels of bacterial life in Antarctica's nearby subglacial Lake Whillans in 2013 — an expedition that was also led by Priscu.

Scientists theorize that the bacteria in Lake Whillans — and possibly Lake Mercer — are surviving on deposits of carbon laid down by photosynthesizing organisms between 5000 and 10,000 years ago, when the buried lakes may have been connected to the open ocean.

https://www.livescience.com/64501-buried-lake-antarctica-life.html
wvit1001

« Reply #38 on: 01 16, 19, 11:00:35:AM » Reply

Yes there is a direct connection between rising CO2 levels and the earth's rising temperature.    There no debate about that.
D2D

« Reply #39 on: 01 16, 19, 11:23:03:AM » Reply

As I posted above there is no correlation between rising CO2 levels and temperature!
wvit1001

« Reply #40 on: 01 16, 19, 11:45:51:AM » Reply

as I told you there is a direct connection between rising CO2 levels and the earth's rising temperature.    There no debate about that.
D2D

« Reply #41 on: 01 16, 19, 11:50:01:AM » Reply

D2D

« Reply #42 on: 01 16, 19, 11:52:09:AM » Reply

D2D

« Reply #43 on: 01 16, 19, 11:52:44:AM » Reply

wvit1001

« Reply #44 on: 01 16, 19, 11:52:50:AM » Reply

what kind of crazy site did you pull those from d2?   no source, no links, all fraud.   
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #45 on: 01 16, 19, 06:48:49:PM » Reply

He posted proof zippy

You post your stupid lies
Baretta19

« Reply #46 on: 01 16, 19, 07:54:10:PM » Reply

Antarctica ice melt has accelerated by 280% in the last 4 decades

How much has the Artic ice sheet grown over the same period?

Also note I am still researching what caused the Sahara desert to go from a rain forest to a desert to a rain forest to a desert, can't be climate change since climate change didn't exist during that period on earth, climate change has only been a REAL issue since Albert Gore lost the election to that moron Bush.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Antarctica ice melt has accelerated by 280% in the last 4 decades
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory