Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 06:10:28:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662689 Posts in 298804 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Five ways the government shutdown could end – 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Five ways the government shutdown could end –  (Read 251 times)
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« on: 01 14, 19, 01:57:29:PM » Reply

- and why they probably won't happen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#1 President Trump caves
Facing polls that show him getting most of the blame, the president agrees to the Democrats’ proposal to fund most government agencies and pass a short-term bill for the Department of Homeland Security to continue the battle over building a wall along the southern border, his signature campaign promise and current non-negotiable demand.
Why it won’t happen: The last time Trump agreed to this very deal, in December, he was savaged by conservative talk-show hosts Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter. Since then, the president has promised his base that he isn't giving an inch.

#2 Speaker Pelosi caves
With the shutdown hurting Americans and blocking the agenda Democrats had hoped to pursue in the House of Representatives, Speaker Nancy Pelosi agrees to a deal that includes some funding for the wall, perhaps splitting the difference between $1 (the number she jokingly agreed to) and $5.7 billion (Trump's demand).
Why it won’t happen: Just as the Republican base views building the wall as a matter of principle, the Democratic base views not building the wall as a matter of principle. What's more, this standoff is the first test of Pelosi's leadership since Democrats regained control of the House. She wants to show her troops that she can be as tough as Trump.

#3 Senate Republicans bolt
The House already has passed the funding bill that the GOP-controlled Senate approved last month. Republican senators, especially those who are up for re-election next year, have grown increasingly anxious about the potential political costs for them back home from the extended shutdown. They could approve the measure and send it to the White House.
Why it won’t happen: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (who happens to be one of those GOP incumbents up in 2020) has made it clear that he’s not challenging the president. He says he won’t allow a bill to be brought up on the Senate floor that Trump won’t sign.
It's also unlikely that Congress could override a Trump veto. Ironically, the Republican-controlled Senate conceivably could muster the two-thirds support needed. But in the Democratic-controlled House, where most Republicans represent districts dominated by GOP voters, those representatives aren’t likely to allow to join with Democrats to support an override.

#4 They go big
The White House and congressional Democrats agree on the sort of ambitious compromise on immigration that has eluded Washington for years. South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, a Republican who is close to Trump, has suggested a trade-off that would provide money for Trump’s wall and codify protection for the so-called DREAMers, young undocumented people brought to this country when they were children who now face an uncertain future. This deal might also include thousands of other immigrants who came to the United States with temporary visas because of crises in their home countries.
Why it won’t happen: Trump has given no sign that he’s interested in doing this, and neither have congressional Democrats. What’s more, neither side, and especially congressional Democrats, trusts the other to live up to a deal. It's similar to one that was being negotiated a year ago, only to have Trump publicly disavow it.

#5 Declare an emergency
The president declares a national state of emergency at the border and moves to divert funds from the Pentagon to begin building the wall, pre-empting Congress' role in allocating money. Trump has publicly suggested this option, although he has been reluctant so far to move ahead. He and Congress would still need to take separate action to fund the government agencies now affected by the shutdown.
Why it won't happen: It would surely spark court challenges, and wall construction would likely be blocked by the courts until the legal issues are considered. While the president says he "absolutely, 100 percent" has the authority to act, even some of his own advisers have told him that he doesn't. He's also being cautioned by some Republicans who warn he would be setting a precedent for a similar exercise of extraordinary presidential power by a future Democratic president.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 01 14, 19, 02:10:51:PM » Reply

so-called DREAMers, young undocumented people brought to this country when they were children. well beings they are now adults they should be able to make it in their own country, so let's furnish then a ride home and if they want they can apply through legal channels to come to America.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 01 14, 19, 02:40:34:PM » Reply

The Dreamers who are adults and have not taken the steps to legalize, are now illegals.  You can't have it both ways.

DACA was never a free pass.  You still have rules to follow and 99% of them haven't.  Hell, 99% of those given multiple opportunities under previous amnesties, haven't taken the steps, so when will America wake up and stop being a doormat?

Time to hold ALL people accountable!

BUILD THE WALL !!!
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #3 on: 01 14, 19, 02:43:12:PM » Reply

Democrats need millions of illegal voters, to remain relevant.
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

« Reply #4 on: 01 14, 19, 02:55:42:PM » Reply

omiaqt, can you provide any proof that illegals vote...
1965hawks

« Reply #5 on: 01 14, 19, 03:07:10:PM » Reply

To: dont-blame, takncarabizniz, and omiaqt

JSYK

https://nypost.com/2019/01/13/majority-of-americans-blame-trump-for-government-shutdown/
justincase

« Reply #6 on: 01 14, 19, 04:55:30:PM » Reply

omiaqt, can you provide any proof that illegals vote...

His masters tell him, so it must be real!
JigSaw-II

« Reply #7 on: 01 14, 19, 05:08:22:PM » Reply

(( His masters tell him, so it must be real!  ))

Hahahaha!!!  Right!!
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #8 on: 01 14, 19, 05:18:03:PM » Reply

President Trump promised to give us a wall............and, HE WILL!!!!!
JigSaw-II

« Reply #9 on: 01 14, 19, 05:35:49:PM » Reply

(( President Trump promised to give us a wall............and, HE WILL!!!!! ))trump also promised Mexico would pay for the wall..........and THEY WONT!!!!If Mexico doesn't pay for trump's wall then trump WILL NOT GET his wall...
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #10 on: 01 16, 19, 04:17:17:AM » Reply

For jigsaw...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/san-francisco-allows-undocumented-immigrants-vote-school-elections-n893221

https://cis.org/Huennekens/Aliens-and-Voter-Fraud

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/24/voter-fraud-2016-foreign-nationals-charged-795704

Couple this with states like Washington and California allowing illegals to have driver's licenses and both states offering "motor voter" and the potential for unchecked illegal voting is always present.
JigSaw-II

« Reply #11 on: 01 16, 19, 10:04:05:AM » Reply

For jigsaw...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/san-francisco-allows-undocumented-immigrants-vote-school-elections-n893221

~~~~~~San Francisco this week began allowing undocumented immigrants to register to vote in school board races, following a handful of other municipalities that have opened up local elections to noncitizens — and it has become an issue in the California governor's race.~~~~~~~~~~~

Come on Takncara, don't you think it is a little stupid to compare a School Election to a National Election.  How do you know those kids will not be Citizens when they are old enough to vote in a National Election.  If they are allowed to go to school there then they should be allowed to vote in school elections...

https://cis.org/Huennekens/Aliens-and-Voter-Fraud

(Not my words, but I concur) So I guess we are assuming all immigrants vote Democrat?
Does that come close to making up ground on the horrible voter suppression and gerrymandering and outright election fraud that’s taking place in North Carolina, by Republicans...
“Hey look at the shiny object!”
*steals your vote

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/24/voter-fraud-2016-foreign-nationals-charged-795704

~~~~~~~~~~Nineteen foreign-born individuals have been charged with illegally voting in the 2016 election, the Justice Department announced on Friday, adding that the cases are part of an ongoing voter fraud investigation.~~~~~~~~~

19 they say huh!!  That's 19 out of 127,000,000  Holly crap, call out the militia then get your asses into a storm cellar.  Again Takncara, get real...
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Five ways the government shutdown could end –
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory