Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 12:15:15:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653455 Posts in 297923 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Despite leaning right, I consider myself socially liberal, but this... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Despite leaning right, I consider myself socially liberal, but this...  (Read 1685 times)
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #12 on: 01 11, 19, 12:42:12:PM » Reply

Bod,,  Last I checked, it's OK to disagree. To bad the right wingers hasn't figured that out yet... lol
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #13 on: 01 11, 19, 12:43:35:PM » Reply

Jigsaw..

yes it is...

my goal, before I leave this forum is to have people actually.....COMMUNICATE with one another. 

rather than posting stupid memes and ad hominem attacks.

again, thank you for your unique perspective.  I look forward to our conversations. 
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

« Reply #14 on: 01 11, 19, 12:58:23:PM » Reply

(( my goal, before I leave this forum is to have people actually.....COMMUNICATE with one another.  ))

All I can say to you Bod, Good Luck.  As with you, Bod, I have been on this forum, going on 10 years, under two different handles.  I've seen people before you trying to do the same thing, un-successively.

Communicating isn't the problem, communicating with civility is the problem...
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #15 on: 01 11, 19, 01:01:28:PM » Reply

Jigsaw, if you don't mind my asking, who were you before?   

I was known as "Corona" back in my Excite/Myway/Polymath days. 
JigSaw-II

« Reply #16 on: 01 11, 19, 01:26:52:PM » Reply

((  if you don't mind my asking, who were you before?    ))

Bod,, I think most, already know, so I don't mind.  On eXcite, it was StanL and for about three years here, it was also StanL.

I remember you on eXcite as "Corona".  I was able to remember, because one of my pet cats was named "Corona"...
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #17 on: 01 11, 19, 01:28:12:PM » Reply

if the choice was to accept this kid the way he is and praise him or to punish him and try to make him go against his nature, I would go for Plan A....i have not been around a whole lot of kids, but i have talked to some who have sons or know people with sons who from Day One liked playing with dolls, kind of walked and talked like a little girl, just overall light in the loafers without any encouragement at all.  i believe in almost all cases people are the way they are born, some very butch, some neutral, and some effeminate. 
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #18 on: 01 11, 19, 01:30:29:PM » Reply

I faintly remember you Jigsaw...

yea, Corona...

that was back in my drunken, gambling, wild days, insuling those who disagree with me..

I've chilled out a little...
gwboolean

« Reply #19 on: 01 11, 19, 04:48:16:PM » Reply

OK Bod, while I am dubious of your intent, I am willing to discuss any issue, up to a point.

So let me address your original concern. 

The incident you refer to is NOT horrible.  Silly, yes. Appropriate?  Who knows or really cares?

Is it indoctrination?  I can see where one might believe so, but I do not think that is the case.

Is this a phenomenon of what you call the Left?

No, examples of this and everything else you want do describe can be found across the spectrum of political/ideological beliefs, or anything you might want to pin it to.

So tell me Bod, if you do not have an intent, then why do you couch your discussion in terms of politics/ideology?  The only conclusion that I can derive from what you have stated is that you believe this to be a result of what you call Social Liberalism.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #20 on: 01 11, 19, 05:06:38:PM » Reply

Hi there Bod - I haven't changed names from those previous forums.

like gw, I don't see anything horrific on the video.  Silly, overblown, outrageous.

Males have been dressing up as women forever.  Are you old enough to remember "Uncle Miltie" - that was back in the 1950s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BzukwCC-2o

Dustin Hoffman in "Tootsie"?

All in the Family episodes with Beverly LaSalle?  Right winger Archie was devastated when he was murdered on the street for his appearance.

A real conservative supports the freedom of expression of being an individual...and the capitalist free market ability to make money as a drag queen.

It's not my cup of tea.  Based on the likes and unlikes on youtube, the vast majority of people disapproved.

So, how far should any disapproval go in a free society?
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #21 on: 01 11, 19, 05:27:17:PM » Reply

John walsh,

wait, I have no issue with adults doing this, at all ...to each their own. 

I have issues with children doing this....and to make matters worse, parading him around...sexualizing him. 

This would be wrong, if any child was doing this. 
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #22 on: 01 11, 19, 05:52:42:PM » Reply

It just isn't worth my time and personally, it's none of my business...

It is worth your time, and it is some of your business.  It has an affect on your community, it has an affect on other children. And when you (an elder adult) refuse to step in then why should others who may hold your opinion in regard? 

My sons, my grandsons, my daughters in law, my brothers and sisters hold my opinion in some semblance of regard, and if I don't react to something then they may feel uncomfortable to react to it.  This is precisely what the tale of the king with no clothes teaches us. 

emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #23 on: 01 11, 19, 06:07:58:PM » Reply

Desmond is very cute and also very smart because he knows what he is and can accept himself, which is very important, but at this age and it's a very big BUT, as a parent still able to exercise control over him, I wouldn't let him expose himself in this way publicly.  People can be very cruel and unaccepting and he could end up being hurt, however tough he may seem to be and he's only 11 years old. If he wants to dress up and hone his act at home, so be it.  There is so much sexuality in this kind of act and he could be taken advantage of by other adults and judged by his peers in a ruthless manner.  As a parent I would want to protect him from all that until he had matured and was ready to protect himself.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Despite leaning right, I consider myself socially liberal, but this...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory