Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 12:07:09:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660138 Posts in 298558 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Despite leaning right, I consider myself socially liberal, but this... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Despite leaning right, I consider myself socially liberal, but this...  (Read 1709 times)
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« on: 01 11, 19, 11:50:59:AM » Reply

Over the years, I've gone more and more to the right.  I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary (morally, I couldn't support either), but on the political spectrum, I lean right, but I am socially liberal.

I'm for gay marriage, transgender rights, pro-choice (although I don't advocate abortion) etc. 

However, once in a while...I come across something that even shocks me...and makes me think, "what in the fu*k?!?!" 

Some of you may have heard of him/her, but this 11 year old boy is being paraded around like some sort of hero, and "trailblazer."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxdvOLdG_34&t=93s

(I can't embed from this PC)

"Desmond is amazing" is an 11 year old drag queen. 

Watch the video above, and tell me this doesn't upset you and make you wonder, "what the hell is wrong with the parents?  why is the audience applauding this?" 

What are you thoughts on this? 
gwboolean

« Reply #1 on: 01 11, 19, 11:58:00:AM » Reply

What is it about this that makes you place this as a left and right thing Bod?  I would agree that there is nothing good about this, but it is nonetheless interesting that you choose to make this something left and right.
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #2 on: 01 11, 19, 12:01:20:PM » Reply

(( What are you thoughts on this?   ))

I gave up a long time ago, trying to figure out why people do the things they do.  It just isn't worth my time and personally, it's none of my business...
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 01 11, 19, 12:02:46:PM » Reply

gwbboo...

that's a good question.  most people would find such a thing appalling and disturbing and I would even go as far as to call it child abuse.

I'm post on a couple other forums, and the most ardent defenders of Desmond is Amazing happen to be staunch leftists. 

but, I'm glad you and I are the same page as this. 
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 01 11, 19, 12:03:50:PM » Reply

Jigsaw,

that's a fair POV, if it is adults, making autonomous decisions and such, like you, IDGAF if a person is gay, is into certain fetishes...but we're talking about an 11 year old here.
gwboolean

« Reply #5 on: 01 11, 19, 12:06:01:PM » Reply

Bod,

Considering some the scum that you and your Proud Boy associates have in the past defended, I am having a little bit of trouble accepting that you actually care about something like this, unless you feel that there is some political leverage to be obtained from it.  Sorry Bod, but I just don't buy what I consider to be feigned concern on your part.
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 01 11, 19, 12:11:53:PM » Reply

Gwbboo..

Please identify some of these scum I've defended.

Please find one post where I have defended racists, or "proud boys" or Trump. 

and LOL, I'm glad you are still playing the role of Professor X.
gwboolean

« Reply #7 on: 01 11, 19, 12:26:05:PM » Reply

I am going to approach this a little differently Bod.  Your defense of those scum comes in the form of your ONLY being concerned about wrong when you are able to tie that wrong to someone you claim to be on the left.  Have you EVER shown any concern about the scum from the right Bod?
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #8 on: 01 11, 19, 12:32:37:PM » Reply

Bod,,  I wasn't going to watch the video, but thought I should so I can justify my comments.  As I watched Desmond, I didn't get upset.  Desmond was having the time of his life.  Desmond didn't appear upset, so why should I.  Desmond, also appeared very intelligent, so I think he know what he is doing.

Desmond is at the age of experimentation, as he grows older, he may develop other interests.  Desmond, IMHO, is very much in command of his young lifestyle... 

OH!! and btw,  Has nothing to do with left or right...
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: 01 11, 19, 12:35:08:PM » Reply

Gwboo..

absolutely. 

who do you think is on my ignore list?  all of the grotesque, racists who are on the right. 

They have demonstrated they aren't interested in honest discourse and nothing I say, will make them change their mind.

although, I have to say, I have made progress with Zsq. 
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #10 on: 01 11, 19, 12:36:25:PM » Reply

Gwbooo...

and you can ask Oscar, and Justincase about my "history" with some of the right wingers here. 

I've had it out numerous times with Anchor Dan and Kensan and others...

I have reconciled with them though. 
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #11 on: 01 11, 19, 12:38:04:PM » Reply

Jigsaw...

that's a very interesting perspective and thank you for your candid opinion. 

I respectfully disagree with you. 
Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Despite leaning right, I consider myself socially liberal, but this...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory