Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 09:31:29:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660196 Posts in 298565 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump Says He 'Never Meant' that Mexico Would Directly Pay for Wall 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print
Author Topic: Trump Says He 'Never Meant' that Mexico Would Directly Pay for Wall  (Read 811 times)
wvit1001

« on: 01 10, 19, 12:15:49:PM » Reply

Despite Repeatedly Saying They Would

Yet during his 2016 campaign, the president said he would demand that Mexico make a “one-time payment” for the border wall. Trump added that if Mexico refused, he would punish them through trade tariffs, canceling visas and disbanding remittances from undocumented Mexicans in the U.S.

“It's an easy decision for Mexico, make a one-time payment of $5 [billion] to $10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year,” Trump’s campaign said at the time. “We have the moral high ground here, and all the leverage.”

In a televised town hall with Fox News host Sean Hannity in April 2016, Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall “one hundred percent.”

“They’ll pay in one form or another, they might even write us a check by the time they see what happens,” Trump added, drawing applause from the crowd.

But President Trump changed his tune on Thursday, telling reporters that Mexico will "indirectly" pay for the wall through a new trade deal that has yet to be approved by Congress.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-never-meant-mexico-directly-pay-border-wall-1287010
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #1 on: 01 10, 19, 12:17:29:PM » Reply

I never expected that Mexico would directly pay for the wall, did you?
gwboolean

« Reply #2 on: 01 10, 19, 12:19:45:PM » Reply

No expected that Mexico would pay for the wall.  So why did you and your Fuhrer promise something that you never had any intentions of delivering then ChucK3y Boy?
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 01 10, 19, 12:20:07:PM » Reply

trump said they would when he convinced you wingnuts about his plan to build a wall.
Sadie402

« Reply #4 on: 01 10, 19, 12:56:30:PM » Reply

Trump never meant a damn thing in his lefe.
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #5 on: 01 10, 19, 12:57:23:PM » Reply

of course he meant directly.  and raising or lowering tariffs between this country and Mexico has no effect on federal revenue, so how can it be used to build a wall?  It shows that fundamentally Trump does not have a clue how economics and government and revenue and deficits and balance sheets and accounting works.  Let us say Trump raises tariffs on Mexican goods so that American companies can compete without having to lower their prices.....who pays the difference- the government of Mexico and its taxpayers? No.  the American companies?  hell to the no.  the correct answer is C- AMERICAN CONSUMERS.  Trump believes Americans paying higher prices for some goods and products somehow pays for a useless fucking wall. 
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 01 10, 19, 12:59:12:PM » Reply

In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true. ... Mass propaganda discovered that its audience was ready at all times to believe the worst, no matter how absurd, and did not particularly object to being deceived because it held every statement to be a lie anyhow. The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness.”

—Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 01 10, 19, 01:01:22:PM » Reply

The Origins of Totalitarianism is a 1951 book by Hannah Arendt, wherein she describes and analyzes Nazism and Stalinism, the major totalitarian political movements of the first half of the 20th century. The book is regularly listed as one of the best non-fiction books of the 20th century.
warrenpees

Stable genius.

« Reply #8 on: 01 10, 19, 01:02:47:PM » Reply

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LXdSqHhRvvg" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/LXdSqHhRvvg</a>
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 01 10, 19, 01:04:21:PM » Reply

... Intellectual, spiritual, and artistic initiative is as dangerous to totalitarianism as the gangster initiative of the mob, and both are more dangerous than mere political opposition. The consistent persecution of every higher form of intellectual activity by the new mass leaders springs from more than their natural resentment against everything they cannot understand. Total domination does not allow for free initiative in any field of life, for any activity that is not entirely predictable. Totalitarianism in power invariably replaces all first-rate talents, regardless of their sympathies, with those crackpots and fools whose lack of intelligence and creativity is still the best guarantee of their loyalty. .

—Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #10 on: 01 10, 19, 01:04:52:PM » Reply

I never expected one could keep his actual doctor either, but that's another story.
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #11 on: 01 10, 19, 01:08:02:PM » Reply

I never expected one could keep his actual doctor either, but that's another story.

and yet, you would be wrong once more, sonny!!

from a fox channel affiliate-

Here’s what you need to know to get up to speed:

The problem

Insurers are sending cancellation notices to some of the 12 million Americans whose individual policies don’t meet Obamacare requirements for more comprehensive care.

The law does not require cancellation of policies that were issued before the new law passed Congress in 2010. But people whose policies have changed since then must get polices that conform to the new requirements. In 2010, the Health and Human Services Department estimated that 40% to 67% of individual plans would eventually lose their “grandfathered” status.

Some insurance companies also appear to be canceling policies for other reasons, such as withdrawing from states where they have fewer subscribers.

so, everybody who paid attention knew that obamacare does not force any cancellation of any policy issued before 2010, and ONLY THOSE WHOSE POLICIES HAVE CHANGED MUST NOW GET POLICIES THAT CONFORM TO THE REFORM MANDATES CONCERNING PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS, CAPPED BENEFITS, AND CANCELING THOSE WHO DEVELOP EXPENSIVE DISEASES.....so who is forcing any of these private insurers to change the old policies and therefore allow their customers to keep the craptastic insurance they had before obamacare?  answer...NOBODY...they choose to change their policies or cancel them.  get it?

Read more: http://fox40.com/2013/11/08/after-obamas-apology-talk-of-solutions-and-still-the-website/#ixzz2kWNlq2UU)
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump Says He 'Never Meant' that Mexico Would Directly Pay for Wall
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory