Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 16, 24, 04:44:47:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2659660 Posts in 298514 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Transgender Male Wins First Fight as Pro...Right Wingers Very Afraid 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Transgender Male Wins First Fight as Pro...Right Wingers Very Afraid  (Read 79 times)
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« on: 12 09, 18, 07:01:43:AM » Reply

Manuel’s transition, battle back into the ring

Manuel fought for the last time as a female in 2012 at the U.S. Olympic Trials, though had to withdraw after one fight due to a shoulder injury.

From The Los Angeles Times, who followed Manuel through his journey for three years ahead of his fight on Saturday:

Even before the trials, Manuel had thought of transitioning to male, but the hope of representing the U.S. in the first Olympic boxing tournament for women held him back. After the trials, there was no reason to wait. On the trip home, Manuel told (his mother, Loretta) Butler that her daughter would soon become her son — then waited for the response.

It was one not of surprise but relief.

“Pat has always been a male,” his mother says. “It’s just Pat was not assigned properly at birth.”
The transition started with hormone treatment 18 months later, and by early 2014 Manuel had put on 15 pounds, grown facial hair and heard his voice drop a couple of octaves. The following spring, 26 months after his final fight as a woman, Manuel flew to Salt Lake City for surgery, which involved the removal of breasts and the shaping of a male-contoured chest.

Once Manuel made it through his transition and found a new gym, he started training again. But he struggled to find a way to get back in the ring. The California State boxing commission had never seen a situation like Manuel’s before, so it was hesitant to allow him to fight.

However, per the Los Angeles Times, USA Boxing approved Manuel’s amateur license shortly after the International Olympic Committee ruled that female-to-male transgender athletes are allowed to compete “without restriction” ahead of the Rio Olympics in 2016.

Manuel then fought his first male in 2016 at the Cinco de Mayo card in Los Angeles, which he won by decision after three rounds. He only fought once since then — losing in a decision later in 2016 — due to injuries and difficulties finding opponents.

But now that he’s made it back into a ring, and walked out with his first win as a professional boxer, Manuel said he’s thrilled — and he isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

“I just need to say to everyone that’s been along with this journey for like six years really, thank you so much,” Manuel said. “I couldn’t be here without you. I really needed that support to help push me to this point … There’s so many people that just wanted me to be here, and I’m so happy that I could perform for them.

“I’m not in here just for one show, for one fight. This is something I love. I’m not done with this sport. I’ll be back.”
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 12 09, 18, 12:18:03:PM » Reply

DNA always says the opposite.
Oscar_LaVista

« Reply #2 on: 12 09, 18, 12:44:45:PM » Reply

sometimes weird shit happens....
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 12 09, 18, 12:50:36:PM » Reply

Sounds as if the mother is just as screwed up in the head as her offspring.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #4 on: 12 10, 18, 01:17:50:AM » Reply

She was the first female boxer to fight a man and win. CUtting off her breasts does not make her a man.

I oppose mixing men and women in contact sports.  The men naturally want to take it easy on the ladies.  I oppose men participating in women's leagues, as they have an unfair physical advantage.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #5 on: 12 10, 18, 01:36:33:AM » Reply

Transgender Male Wins First Fight as Pro...Right Wingers Very Afraid

are you trying to pretend someone is upset that a "gurl" beat a man in the ring?   Who ever said there were NO girls that could beat a man? Your post shows that there is obviously at least one.  Or are you trying top claim that is the Norm ?
Oscar_LaVista

« Reply #6 on: 12 10, 18, 06:45:40:AM » Reply

Transgender Male Wins First Fight as Pro...Right Wingers Very Afraid

are you trying to pretend someone is upset that a "gurl" beat a man in the ring? Who ever said there were NO girls that could beat a man? Your post shows that there is obviously at least one. Or are you trying top claim that is the Norm ?

try to think, then run your huge gaping mouth, boy.  gutless right wingers who really don't like women, like you and others here, and who live their lives in fear of gays, of women, of blacks, of muslims, of poor people walking towards our border they call invaders, are bound to be chickenshit when it comes to a biologically born female who can win a fight as a pro against men who could kick your ass in about 3 seconds. Like you.  get it, boy?

« Reply #7 on: 12 10, 18, 08:22:43:AM » Reply

oscar poor little guy you continue to accuse others of living in fear when it is you little guy who shows nothing but fear with ever post not an original thought in your head just fear mongering and hate for fellow human beings.
Didn't your mommy love you enough?
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 12 10, 18, 10:36:03:AM » Reply

gutless right wingers who really don't like women, like you and others here,

How low of an IQ does one require in order to claim "Men" don't like women?

and who live their lives in fear of gays,

I have a Gay younger brother.  8 years and I'm still waiting for you to know what you're talking about.

of blacks,

Sorry, Got Blacks nieces and nephews as well.

of muslims,

No, just the Sharia and ISIS kind. But you don't know the difference - do you. (we're getting back to that Low IQ thingy again)

of poor people walking towards our border they call invaders,

See what I mean about LOW IQ ?

Oscar_LaVista

« Reply #9 on: 12 10, 18, 01:25:22:PM » Reply

quote author=Jim link=topic=271457.msg2301283#msg2301283 date=1544456163]

of muslims,

No, just the Sharia and ISIS kind. But you don't know the difference - do you. (we're getting back to that Low IQ thingy again)

(Yeah, you do have a low IQ, and you thinking even a tiny percentage of muslims are terrorists prove it....the sharia and ISIS kind make up 0.005% of the total muslim population.  that is like being blaming all trump voters because 20% are neo nazis or white supremacists.)

of poor people walking towards our border they call invaders,

See what I mean about LOW IQ ?  (yeah, you, chump!!  you are the one freaking out about it, talking about shooting them, spreading lies about them, being afraid of you them, wanting to kiss trump's ass even more for his chickenshit pre-election hoax of sending down troops for nothing.....and now what?  when's the last time trump or fox has mentioned the invaders?)

[/quote]
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #10 on: 12 10, 18, 01:35:23:PM » Reply

.... of poor people walking towards our border they call invaders,

The TJ Mexicans also call the folks who rushed our border invaders, doofus !  LOL ! 
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 12 10, 18, 02:01:37:PM » Reply

the sharia and ISIS kind make up 0.005% of the total muslim population.

.005. Do you have a link to this number you pulled out of your ass?  And BTW: .005 of 1.8 B  is still 9 Million.

that is like being blaming all trump voters because 20% are neo nazis or white supremacists.)

20% hahahahaha You'd be lucky to be able to point out 20.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Transgender Male Wins First Fight as Pro...Right Wingers Very Afraid
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory