Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 12:30:45:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653459 Posts in 297923 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: TAKN 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: TAKN  (Read 251 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 12 05, 18, 10:04:47:AM » Reply

maybe I missed your response...and can't find it... so I'll ask again...

how did your rain barrels work for you....

reason I asked is that I have generic barrels waiting for me in Memphis and will set them up after the paint job, installation of gutters then the rain barrels... there are no gutters at that house and the water that comes from the roof saturates the house surround...it weakens the slab and could cause it to crack and then insect heaven and possibly cause more problems like termites.... yikes...

the laws are different in Memphis cause of the mosquito issues with rain barrels... somebody suggest that I do an underground... whose doing all that... not me... I will just divert the water somewhere else with pipes...corregated of course...

just asking... how's it working for you....
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 12 06, 18, 12:22:59:PM » Reply

So far the only issue has been that with all our rain, they fill up so quickly, we have to keep draining them, LOL

We got them into position, leveled and each has its own drain hose, and an additional soaker hose that we will hook up in the summer to keep the plants in each garden watered.  We actually raised this one up closer to the downspout by putting an 18" slate block under it.  Then I added decorate pebbles in the top tray.  Eventually I can add a little statuary or something.  We have two more barrels in the shop that I want to hook up behind the shop for watering the wetland stream for the bees when it dries out in summer.  Our water bill this last summer, flooding the wetlands every few days was astronomical.  With the barrels, I will be able to hook the drain hoses up and run them directly out into the streambed.  I will post pics when we get that project done (right now we have to clean up all the junk and scrap metal we found on the property first).

luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 12 06, 18, 06:31:45:PM » Reply

mines are white trash cans... I went online and saw some great ideas for the overflow and still savings of water...will get a stencil and spray paint something cute on them so it looks like a planter in the back of the house...will have to get pipe and divert the overflow to the back yard and away from the house...or into the flower bed not yet put together...

check these ideas out...I know it rains a lot where you are from and the savings on rain water is the best thing to do...

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=m0mkUYO2&id=BF2AC11239EEBECA090E63F6AFB71B12DB70D0F0&thid=OIP.m0mkUYO2KbbyG6CCGLcBEQHaE2&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.greenandgrowing.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: TAKN
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About