Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 01:08:03:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653663 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Talking to Robots 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Talking to Robots  (Read 391 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« on: 12 03, 18, 05:54:09:PM » Reply

Seem to have done that a lot lately but nothing like yesterday's experience.

We were doing a lovely country drive out to a favorite little restaurant for brunch when I mistakenly said to hubby, 'wouldn't it be nice to call our daughter while we're driving and both sing Happy Birthday to her'.  We have this new car stereo/GPS/phone system that if one of the kids calls us we can carry on driving and talk to them through the car stereo system.  So...he switched it on and found out that we had lost the sync between the radio and our mobiles and 'no phone available' flashed up on the dashboard.  He must have hit something wrong so he tried to get it back while I held his mobile and talked him through it.  This woman's voice was telling us to go to some website and down load how to connect with 'bluetooth' etc.  I said it's all foreign to me and he hit something else and then she started talking to us in French (this robot).  He inadvertently switched everything over to the French language and started shouting at her to talk in English.  To be helpful as robots don't seem to understand I was shouting "Parlez vous anglaise, s'il vous plait".  At that point I was polite but 10 more minutes down the road hubby was shouting "I don't want fu..ing French".  Then he looked again at the dash and saw he was doing kilometers instead of miles per hour and our song list was in French.  He lost it and had the biggest conniption, yelling "I don't know now how fast I'm going" and telling him to slow down didn't help either.  I swear we could have made a fortune if this had been a Youtube video and the grandkids would have been proved right all along.

He finally pulled into the parking lot where we were going to have lunch and between us and our cell phones he somehow got it back after another 30 minutes of temper tantrums.  He says he still has no idea how he got it back, or even why we lost it in the first place and the birthday duet was forgotten, pointing out that it was all my fault for suggesting it in the first place.  Needless to say lunch was a gastronomical failure.

I now hate robots and the only consolation is that you can swear at them like a dock worker and they won't take offence.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 12 03, 18, 06:16:08:PM » Reply

If you yell at the  smart tv...it will put you in your place....lol.....it told us one time "I do not respond to that language". lol
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 12 03, 18, 07:20:32:PM » Reply

I tried  to call the cable company and got fed up with holding on, so I went online to communicate instead and before I could get anywhere I had to look at silly pictures and answer questions, like click on all pics with traffic lights, just to prove I was not a robot!  When I finally called the main customer service number that was given, I got through.......to a robot!  Crazy and annoying!
bluespower
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 12 04, 18, 01:33:07:AM » Reply

I have not had cable tv for 40 years
I have had only a flip phone for 8 years for long distance calls
no iPhone, smart phone, or any other type of phone

I have had internet access for 15 years
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #4 on: 12 04, 18, 04:19:43:AM » Reply

Ah to be a fly on the wall at these moments...the stuff of legends...men, machines, and angst over them both...LOL

I am dreading our next vehicle as I'm sure it will have every bell and whistle and I just can't stand too much crap in my cars...give me a simple truck with a radio that works and I'm good...LOL

My little Ranger is sitting idle while hubby tries to continue figuring out what's causing the radiator to keep knocking and collapsing the hoses...he's already fixed several "possibles" but it's still acting up and now that the weather's bad, we don't dare drive it to work and get stranded somewhere...walking the highway after midnight would not be my idea of a romantic stroll...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 12 04, 18, 06:02:22:AM » Reply

Taken...I don't like bells and whistles in the car either. FM radio and AC...that's all I want.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 12 04, 18, 10:44:48:AM » Reply

I love my little Saturn SUV.  It originally came with OnStar and I quickly got rid of it but the heated car seats are my luxury I wouldn't part with.  The minivan was initially purchased for Hannah so she would have a nice space to herself (the last row of seats have remained buried in the floor). 
To add to all the frustration on Sunday, it wasn't enough we were screaming at the French robot, Hannah chimed in with non stop barking.  I really thought I was going mad.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #7 on: 12 04, 18, 05:48:23:PM » Reply

I drive throw away cars... so it don't hurt when I have to repair/fix them as long as I don't have a monthly car payment....it must have a radio/cassette/CD....and a working cigarette lighter for recharging the cellphone...

some cars now have cellphones made inside... won't be seeing that anytime soon...
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Talking to Robots
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory