Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 11:31:06:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653720 Posts in 297947 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: No posts about the stock market? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 Print
Author Topic: No posts about the stock market?  (Read 16392 times)
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #204 on: 01 10, 19, 04:14:31:PM » Reply

The great Democrat depression didn't occur until FDR was president.  Before that it was just a recession.  But trade tariffs and tax increases exacerbated the recession and created a prolonged depression.  That was on FDR.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #205 on: 01 10, 19, 05:59:16:PM » Reply

Democrats idiotically believe you will invest more in the economy if the government takes more of what you earn!
bluespower
Honored Member

« Reply #206 on: 01 10, 19, 06:27:13:PM » Reply

dan...you don't do your credibility describing the 29 crash/depression to fdr

hoover caught the card...and was probably not responsibe
it was the culmination of several repub laissez faire administrations during the 20's 
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #207 on: 01 10, 19, 06:33:39:PM » Reply

Actually it was Smoot/Hawley that initiated a trade war resulting in the crash!

However, FDR exacerbated the crisis by blaming the productive, increasing taxes thereby stripping the economy of even more cash, increasing regulation diverting much needed investment capital to regulatory compliance and failing to end the Smoot/Hawley tariff act!

Under Republicans until that time any recession/depression only lasted 3 years!

Democrats continue to break records for prolonging recessions and depressions!

Remember government works best when it governs least!
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #208 on: 01 10, 19, 07:11:58:PM » Reply

dan...you don't do your credibility describing the 29 crash/depression to fdr

Blues,

You don't do your own credibility too well by not recognizing the fact that FDR's policies made the recession worse and prolonged the suffering.

Yes, the recession started under Hoover, but FDR made it worse.

it was the culmination of several repub laissez faire administrations during the 20's

Actually, the Laissez-Faire policies resulted in a booming economy.  Limited government interference, low taxes, etc.  The recession was caused by liberal policies of Hoover and FDR, most notably the Smoot-Hawley Act.
D2D

« Reply #209 on: 01 10, 19, 07:20:42:PM » Reply

Obama never came close!
D2D

« Reply #210 on: 01 10, 19, 07:46:44:PM » Reply

DOW on January 20, 2009 aka Obama's inaugeration - - - - - -     7,949.09
DOW on January 20, 2017 aka President Trump's inaugeration - 19,827.25
Total gains under obama..............................................................11,878.16
Divided by 8 years for an average gain of 1,484.77 per year!

DOW on january 20, 2017 aka President Trump's inaugeration - 19,827.25
DOW on January 10, 2019 aka President Trump's 2 year mark -  24,001.92
Total gains under President Trump..............................................4,174.67
Divided by 2 years for an average gain of 2,087.34 per year!

Remember, we still have six more business days for the DOW to go further up!
bluespower
Honored Member

« Reply #211 on: 01 11, 19, 03:20:43:AM » Reply

it was not just a booming economy
it was an overvalued stock market speculative bubble
that came crashing down
when there were no more buyers at sky high p/e ratios

like the 2008 real estate bubble...also a repub engineered speculation   
D2D

« Reply #212 on: 01 11, 19, 05:46:07:AM » Reply

Actually, it was Democrats who engineered the real estate bubble by accusing banks who refused loans to unqualified loan applicants of being racist!

They actually held sit-ins and threatened lawsuits!

That in combination with Clinton era lending laws that forced banks to make questionable loans!

This is a ridiculously old discussion I have had many times with many Democrats who insist reality isn't real!
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #213 on: 01 11, 19, 08:04:51:AM » Reply

quote author=Dan link=topic=270994.msg2313904#msg2313904 date=1547154871]
The great Democrat depression didn't occur until FDR was president.  Before that it was just a recession.  But trade tariffs and tax increases exacerbated the recession and created a prolonged depression.  That was on FDR.
[/quote]

an incredibly lying post from the board's second biggest incredible liar, Diaper Dan...(DVD is first)

This is the official start of the Great Depression, dumbass liar, Black Friday-  October 29th, 1929.  FDR did not become president until more than 3 years later, on March 5, 1933.  dumbass liar.  and the republicans held solid control of the white house and congress for 12 years before FDR took office and fixed their mess.  and defeated two of the world's major military forces, at the same time, in less than 4 years...and you are trying to blame the best president in our history?

all of bluespower's comments are right on.  all of dvd's are cherry picked stats that do not accurately show the difference in job creation under Obama and Trump.  Obama started right smack dab in the middle of the second worst recession in OUR HISTORY....the stock market had lost about half its value during Bush's last year and was dropping like a rock when Obama took over with massive unemployment, bank failures, wall street investment firm failures, no credit, no construction, a 1.4 trillion dollar deficit AND STUCK IN TWO SENSELESS WARS....Trump started in the economic boomtimes of Obama.  job growth breaking records for consecutive months, unemployment less than half of what it was at the height of the Bush Recession, all trump had to do was not get in the way....
D2D

« Reply #214 on: 01 11, 19, 08:13:38:AM » Reply

Take it up with DVD instead of polluting this thread with your nonsense!

http://www.aesopsretreat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1743

Actually it was Smoot/Hawley that initiated a trade war resulting in the crash!

However, FDR exacerbated the crisis by blaming the productive, increasing taxes thereby stripping the economy of even more cash, increasing regulation diverting much needed investment capital to regulatory compliance and failing to end the Smoot/Hawley tariff act!

Under Republicans until that time any recession/depression only lasted 3 years!

Democrats continue to break records for prolonging recessions and depressions!

Remember government works best when it governs least!

Actually, it was Democrats who engineered the real estate bubble by accusing banks who refused loans to unqualified loan applicants of being racist!

They actually held sit-ins and threatened lawsuits!

That in combination with Clinton era lending laws that forced banks to make questionable loans!

This is a ridiculously old discussion I have had many times with many Democrats who insist reality isn't real!
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #215 on: 01 11, 19, 08:29:24:AM » Reply

bullshit.  where do you get that revisionist history from, dickhead? Smoot Hardley was a part of the problem, but it was passed by repubs in 1930, stupid.

The Tariff Act of 1930, commonly known as the Smoot–Hawley Tariff or Hawley–Smoot Tariff, was an Act implementing protectionist trade policies sponsored by Senator Reed Smoot and Representative Willis C. Hawley and was signed into law on June 17, 1930. The act raised U.S. tariffs on over 20,000 imported goods. Wikipedia
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: No posts about the stock market?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory