Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 12:41:25:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653459 Posts in 297923 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I remember this storm 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: I remember this storm  (Read 492 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 11 27, 18, 02:01:13:PM » Reply

in 1967 in Chicago, but I don't remember them telling us to stay home from school...we went everywhere in all kinds of snow...it's snowing here right now as I post... it's sticking cause it's 28 degrees outside...inside 67.

that electric blanket jacket never arrived so I cancelled the order and bought another electric blanket instead... long story...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/%e2%80%8bworst-blizzards-of-all-time/ss-BBPsFIH?ocid=spartandhp

PLAYING IN THE KITCHEN

today... making mac and cheese in the pressure cooker...it should be ready upon completion of this post.... with the pressure cooker it don't start to work until the temps are at the set level... but it says in 8 minutes...

ok... I don't know...

I just hope it don't makes a big mess cause I was thinking about those pots and pans you can cook where cheese slides of the pan....please let this pressure washer not make me think about that...lol

got a lot of macaroni and had a block of cheese in the freezer for who knows how long.... so I got to trying those knives that they say can cut threw brick and still work.... well

they are guaranteed for lifetime... it didn't so well with the frozen cheese

I started to go in the basement and get the chainsaw...lol take it down on the table saw... that cuts threw steel...lol

I hope the knives work or they can and will go back... once I clean them I'll know for sure...

Anyway... having an event in the kitchen....
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 11 27, 18, 03:32:06:PM » Reply

mac and cheese came out better than I expected... if I used less water it would have been perfect...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 11 27, 18, 05:40:56:PM » Reply

My one year old microwave died ...just like that. thank God I purchased a 5 year warranty. I had to drag out the portable one today because the repair guy can't get her for a week.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 11 27, 18, 05:43:47:PM » Reply

I remember 2005 January storm!!!

* 016 (2).jpg (341.82 KB, 1808x1341 - viewed 34 times.)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 11 27, 18, 06:19:00:PM » Reply

got a microwave here and Memphis... a real necessary appliance to heat up stuff and cook pop corn...been thru a couple of them... one given and the other I don't remember...love playing in the kitchen but I don't like my cooking that much...

seldom do a lot of cooking but love my deep fryer...

I have a recipe for donuts...for the deep fryer...haven't tried it.... scared to know how....if I ever learn I'm in trouble...but I've got to try it one of these days...maybe with cake mix or pan cake mix... got lots of that here too...help me...like I said playing in the kitchen and experimenting....
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 11 28, 18, 04:52:14:AM » Reply

I prefer as little time in the kitchen as possible so when the microwave dies....that is my worst nightmare. lol
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 11 28, 18, 08:55:28:AM » Reply

I don't spend a lot of time in the kitchen either and I can prove it... I have to have a flashlight to use the dishwasher... the controls  can't see... buttons used for pots and pans and plastics change so you change so it don't melt when drying...

so I pile dishes up in the dishwasher cause you don't want to wash one or two plates on a full load... and I don't use anything in the kitchen unless it goes threw the dishwasher.... call it madness...it has a timer and usually set it for the night hours so I don't have to listen to it all day... takes too much time to wash... plus in these old houses you can't wash dishes and take a bath at the same time... choices... and not to mention laundry... you have to do one thing at a time... so you choose....

never had this problem until this house... to flush the toilet while in the shower it stops the cold water and you could get burnt....
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #7 on: 11 29, 18, 07:46:35:PM » Reply

got on the scale today as much as I love mac and cheese... I may never make it again ever...how do you gain 5lbs from eating mac and cheese...I admit I over did it... but never in my wildest dreams would I have made something that would make me gain 5lbs in a few days...

I can't believe it...at the time of year where its so cold outside you can't go out and burn it up...I'm going to be sick...mentally from this...may start a fast until the new year because of this starting the 1st of December....
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 11 30, 18, 05:35:37:AM » Reply

They say the average person gains 6 pounds from Thanksgiving to Christmas. And mac and cheese has a lot of carbs....but it is sooooooo good.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: 11 30, 18, 12:30:48:PM » Reply

I love mac and cheese but if its going to cause this much damage to my system... I can do without... playing in the kitchen is not fun...oh sure I can cook but I'd rather go out and eat with portions... and thinking about selling all my kitchen appliances and making it a gym...I tell ya... I'm in total shock and not to mention mad... cause I know how much its going to take to loose this 5 lbs and I tell ya... that ain't no kinda fun...got enough problems with my health why gain more... I'm going back to salads until I lose this 5lbs....

hurt....

my trash can will be filled with macaroni and rice and anything else I can throw away...seriously...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 11 30, 18, 06:08:47:PM » Reply

This post made me feel guilty for not liking to cook so I Baked that egg dish. :-)
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I remember this storm
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory