Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 06:59:29:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653553 Posts in 297938 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Frump's History a Messed Up Jumble of Inaccuracies... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Frump's History a Messed Up Jumble of Inaccuracies...  (Read 73 times)
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« on: 10 29, 18, 08:49:58:AM » Reply

President Trump erroneously claimed that the New York Stock Exchange reopened the day after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks while
explaining why he didn’t cancel a campaign rally after the anti-Semitic mass shooting in Pittsburgh on Saturday.

Trump told supporters that he considered canceling the political rally at Southern Illinois Airport in Murphysboro, Ill., but decided
against it. He argued that changing plans as the result of politically motivated violence would only serve to make murderers more
relevant.

He decided to carry on with the speech — just nine days before the midterms — based on his false recollection that the NYSE opened
on Sept. 12, 2001.

“With what happened early today, that horrible, horrible attack in Pittsburgh, I was saying, ‘Maybe I should cancel both this and that.’
And then I said to myself, ‘I remembered Dick Russell, a friend of mine, great guy, he headed up the New York Stock Exchange on
September 11th, and the New York Stock Exchange was open the following day.’ He said — and what they had to do to open it you
wouldn’t believe, we won’t even talk to you about it. But he got that exchange open. We can’t make these sick, demented, evil people
important,” Trump said.

Contrary to Trump’s recollection, the NYSE was closed Sept. 10 through Sept. 17, 2001 — the longest shutdown since the Great
Depression. The opening on Sept. 11 was delayed after a plane struck the World Trade Center’s North Tower, and the entire day of
trading was called off after a second plane struck the South Tower.

The person who reopened the NYSE was its chief executive at the time, Dick Grasso — not “Dick Russell.”

A few minutes later in his speech, Trump also incorrectly claimed that professional sports teams like the New York Yankees did not
cancel any games as a result of the terrorist attacks on 9/11.

“Remember the teams, the Yankees, George Steinbrenner. He said, ‘We have got to play, even if nobody comes. Nobody shows up,
we have got to play.”

As SB Nation points out, Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig actually canceled the games for the evening of Sept. 11 and
later canceled all of the games scheduled for that week. The entire season was pushed back a full week.

It is true that the reopening of professional baseball and the stock exchange were celebrated as examples of American resiliency in
the face of tragedy, but it’s false to claim that no events were canceled.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-falsely-claims-nyse-reopened-day-9-11-justify-holding-rally-210846041.html

So will you Frumpettes defend him by trying to re-write History to suit Frump's flawed memory,
or admit he is a dotard who is lying to us?
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Frump's History a Messed Up Jumble of Inaccuracies...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory