Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 24, 24, 08:48:10:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662352 Posts in 298771 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Russia has been spreading far-right propaganda on Facebook 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Russia has been spreading far-right propaganda on Facebook  (Read 147 times)
wvit1001

« on: 10 21, 18, 02:32:28:PM » Reply

A Russian woman has been charged by the US Justice Department with conspiring to interfere with the US midterm elections.

She has been accused of orchestrating a $US35 million social media scheme to create fake accounts and post divisive propaganda, similar to what happened in the 2016 election.

The US Justice Department shared examples of the content being shared, from fiscally conservative memes to far-right, Islamophobic propaganda.

The criminal complaint, filed in September and publicly disclosed on Friday, alleges that Elena Khusyaynova was instrumental in a wide-ranging campaign to influence American politics via social media, evidence that Russian attempts to interfere in domestic American affairs did not end with the 2016 US election.

The efforts, apparently referred to as Project Lakhta,” involved the creation of thousands of social media and email accounts, and had a budget of more than $US35 million, the criminal complaint alleges.

They demonstrate how Russian trolls are leaping on – and fuelling – right-wing narratives in the United States in attempts to sow political division.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/right-wing-propaganda-allegedly-posted-facebook-russia-2018-10?utm_content=bufferf172b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-bi&r=US&IR=T
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #1 on: 10 21, 18, 02:36:32:PM » Reply

post divisive propaganda

Sounds like Justincase.

What do you think our liberal mainstream media does all the time?  They are trying to influence the election with their extreme left wing propaganda.
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 10 21, 18, 02:39:40:PM » Reply

no, it's the Russian dan.   trump's own justice department brought the indictments.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #3 on: 10 21, 18, 02:44:44:PM » Reply

Liberals spread divisive propaganda, wvit.  I see it all the time.
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 10 21, 18, 02:52:55:PM » Reply

democrats are American dan.   Why do you think the Russians are working to push far right ideas in our country?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #5 on: 10 21, 18, 02:59:23:PM » Reply

democrats are American dan.

So are Republicans, wvit.

Why do you think the Russians are working to push far right ideas in our country?

I don't think that.  I think Russians want us to be more like them - liberal.
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 10 21, 18, 05:21:42:PM » Reply

that's not what trump's justice department says.   their indictments say that the Russians were working to push right wing stuff on facebook.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #7 on: 10 21, 18, 05:24:30:PM » Reply

No, that is not what I think they were saying.  The Russians want to undermine a strong Republican government.  They would prefer a more conciliatory Democrat government.
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 10 21, 18, 05:46:07:PM » Reply

that's not what trump's justice department said in the indictments dan.
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #9 on: 10 21, 18, 05:54:23:PM » Reply

The material shared was apparently both left- and right-wing in nature – but the examples the criminal complaint has publicized are typically on the right of the spectrum, and range from fiscally conservative memes to far-right, Islamophobic talking points.

They demonstrate how Russian trolls are leaping on – and fuelling – right-wing narratives in the United States in attempts to sow political division.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #10 on: 10 21, 18, 06:03:29:PM » Reply

So with the leftwingnut media sowing dissension now Russia jumping on the bandwagon, why not?

It’s obvious why Russia leans right after decades of communism they will never go back to being leftist commies like our Dimtard party has
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 10 21, 18, 06:06:08:PM » Reply

who would the Russian government be supportive of illegally sowing dissention and violence in our country sine?   and why would you support them in that effort?
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Russia has been spreading far-right propaganda on Facebook
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory