Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 10:59:12:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660596 Posts in 298606 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: No! Not my computer!!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: No! Not my computer!!!!  (Read 756 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #12 on: 10 20, 18, 08:43:02:PM » Reply

I hated Windows 10 and finally dumped it.  I find my Apple desktop, and Android tablet so easy to use.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #13 on: 10 21, 18, 12:21:58:AM » Reply

It is going to be a challenge.  Since I do so much writing and research, having a desktop is a real necessity.  But it's not a user friendly interface at all, and for someone who's already technology challenged, it's a nightmare.

I guess I will have to survive till Christmas when my son can assist me in building exactly what I need and loading it with ONLY the stuff I want.  The start menu on this thing is like navigating those silly widgets on your phone.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #14 on: 10 21, 18, 10:16:30:AM » Reply

xp was the best to me when I finally learned how to work with it and then came
Windows 10...

I don't know how many computers and tablets I have in the back room... printers, scanners, cameras, telephones...I tell ya... it's hard to get rid cause of the cost of it all... I think I'm keeping them for parts... but I need to give them up or be named a hoarder....

wonder if I can get a few dollars to the used computer store for them... I'd feel better if I could... but to haul them off and be told garbage would hurt my feelings....

so am I a hoarder or what....

got the computer guy to fix 5 and upgraded them to Windows 10 but I'm only using this one for now... when I breaks down... back up I think... I don't know anything anymore... I really don't...

thinking I have to purchase another cellphone when I go to Memphis is overwhelming but I have too...

feeling kinda lost in cyberspace...somewhere....

one thing I did learn is pencil and paper is the way to go for saving all numbers and password...

and the most important is to have a library card where ever you live... in Memphis and Hellsville...well I got that too along with library cards in the surrounding area....if I lose my purse.. I'm lost for sure...lol
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #15 on: 10 23, 18, 12:33:37:PM » Reply

So far, I've managed to ensure my internet security is in a subscription, but just found out this box didn't include the Office suite except on trial, so I'm searching for a legit "free" version of Office 2013.  Office 365 is enticing, but I don't want to have to download and keep paying.  I think this kind of stuff should ALWAYS be included on any computer.

I am still struggling to get all my favorite websites back up, because apparently when I saved to my external, it didn't save those...and even signing into my chrome account, it only had the ones that were on my phone.  Cest'la'vie...this is gonna take time.   Time I don't have right now, because getting the yards ready for winter takes a lot of time.
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: No! Not my computer!!!!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory