Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 10:56:52:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653431 Posts in 297920 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: what I love about the internet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: what I love about the internet  (Read 271 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 10 09, 18, 04:34:03:AM » Reply

is the food pics... one can only wish and hope they have the recipes with the pic... one of these days I will try and see if I can...I know I can but it's so delightful to know that there are places that serve the best looking food in the world...

also love YouTube cause they show you everything you want to know how to do...and you can get shows that you can't get on regular
TV... saved me in Memphis... didn't have cable...but I had YouTube... bought one of those antennas that suppose to give you 180 channels for Memphis... good luck... I say.... double informercials in the midnight hours...lol

yep the internet is the best thing that has happened lately....it keeps you in touch with everything you want to know...

now cable is another story....

just saying...

oh something else I love...DVDs players and the fact that you can go to the dollar store or Family Dollar to get movies for 2.00 with 3 movies on them.... I must have a ton of those...oh and the clear TV antenna is ok... but depending on where you place your TV in the house determines the reception...

there are a lot of places I haven't visited in Memphis and this trip I will seal the deal...before I venture out to other states...I hope to get a chance to visit New Orleans to see what changed since the flood...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 10 09, 18, 01:43:49:PM » Reply

Best part is you make friends online that  you would never had the opportunity to do. Also...I love looking up medical questions and stuff like that.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 10 09, 18, 01:49:12:PM » Reply

I have a friend in our town who has a TV but it isn't hooked up to any cable or antenna.  She just plays videos on it which she gets from the library.  She has a mobile but only for phone calls and she doesn't read the newspapers (so she claims).  She doesn't know what the heck is going on in the world and seems to want it that way.  I have to know what's going on and a little part of me doesn't believe that she is completely unaware as she was very excited about the eclipse last year.  She must get some news but will never admit to it.  At times it's a good thing, I suppose.  She's always happy and always entertaining.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 10 09, 18, 04:22:24:PM » Reply

I just looked up a neighbor from years ago in Chicago... she owns a bed and breakfast house...who knew... she tried to hook up with me at my mother's funeral but it had been so long and we didn't keep in touch but she wanted to...

Now I know where I can go when I want to visit Chicago again... of course with reservations...wow.. she made it...

another friend I went to school with... well surprise... she was a A student became a teacher and now lives in an area I wouldn't visit to save the world... I'll call I...t drive by alley...but one thing about Chicago... if you don't mess with anybody you can live there... if you do... well become a statistic...oh and she got into drugs... did a little time...damn who would have thought...

lot of my old friends are dead...

but I would give all I have to hook up with my best girlfriend in high school...I'm trying...

my family has been trying to get in touch with me...somebody must be dying....I feel like this... if you haven't been in touch threw your own doings... and I've tried... why wait until someone is dead or dying before you do...think they have it backwards.... it could just be me...  don't hate them.... just don't want to contribute to the madness...
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #4 on: 10 09, 18, 07:16:05:PM » Reply

I still communicate with my best friend from elementary school via email.  She became a florist and did all the flowers for my wedding and then she got married and wore my little Coronet and veil.  We still stay in touch all these miles apart.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: what I love about the internet
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory