Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 16, 24, 07:01:27:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2659491 Posts in 298499 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Turning out the clutter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Turning out the clutter  (Read 408 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« on: 10 03, 18, 02:25:15:PM » Reply

We have been dragging out boxes from our attic storage units for days now.  These boxes have been traveling with us unsealed from home to home.  So many memories, birthday cards, letters, kids' drawings, tapes, videos and so much more.  One thing we opened was a box of old LP vinyl records which hubby said we must dump and then he started to go through them.  This started a day of tantrums while he tried to fix up an old stereo player that was also stored and then hook it up to our surround sound speakers.  He was determined!  Now we are listening to Andy Williams, Cleo Laine and the Beatles as we work on our computers.  This morning he went out for a haircut and the barber shop is across from a junk store he loves to visit.  He came in proudly flourishing a Doobie Brothers vinyl LP that he purchased for a dollar.  I couldn't stop laughing - so much for turning out stuff!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 10 03, 18, 04:47:24:PM » Reply

Emily...I still have all my 70's albums and some 8 tracks so don't feel too bad. :-)
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 10 03, 18, 06:21:23:PM » Reply

I feel better now, Sun!  The only thing is that all those vinyls that have now been extracted from the attic do take up a lot of space.  He'll start on the CD's next!
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 10 03, 18, 07:00:35:PM » Reply

not the only one... whew!

they buy old vinyl here.... so that's why I'm putting most of my albums into storage...

yep I have the old phonograph player... 8 track player... cassette player combination with speaker still working.... I also have a cassette CD phonograph player I still have in the box new... got to love your music...

but you know...

you can get all of it on the internet... but you can't remember all that you have...can you?

I'm not giving or getting rid of something I feel is precious...and valuable for free...
even bought an entertainment center for them albums...

wish I didn't have to worry about them being stolen or burnt in a fire...

I need to moved...

also have my first sewing machine...why I don't get rid of it because it was a gift... I've had since the 70s...since then I have updated.... when will I ever have time again to play with those toys...

I need to clean house to... to free up space and time... but can I really feel free or lost...

I don't know...
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 10 03, 18, 07:11:28:PM » Reply

We have a collection of old cameras that should be in a museum, expecially as they are displayed on shelves in hubby's computer den.  You can't believe the dust they collect!  I use a little Swiffer duster on then when he's not looking.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #5 on: 10 03, 18, 11:18:51:PM » Reply

So hoping in perpetuity you can save attic space for next generation!!!

The worst thought ever is finding an attic or storage stripped of such rich history.

Emily, so good of you to save for grands and greats.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #6 on: 10 04, 18, 12:04:44:PM » Reply

We got rid of all our albums except for some rare ones.  I gave my turntable to my brother years ago so he could burn all his vinyl to tape and after he died, his wife refused to give it back, claiming she had purchased it for him for Christmas. 

So I am still considering getting one of those modern turntables, although it won't have the same crisp sound as my diamond tip reader...but then I would probably be like your hubby and start collecting albums again...and I still have a couple cases of CDs that I don't know what to do with!  LOL
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 10 04, 18, 06:16:02:PM » Reply

I have one of those modern ones, taken. I used it once...it's just too easy to listen to itunes.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #8 on: 10 05, 18, 09:31:09:AM » Reply

time for me to clean house all over.. it's a mess...

the shame...

purchased boxes from Walmart for storage here in Ohio... will rent the U Haul to store... it's easier that running back and forth in the van...

Putting the van in the shop this week for all repairs for the road...

Jesus...help me....I mean really help me...lol
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 10 05, 18, 02:35:46:PM » Reply

Pacifica - thank you, you put everything in perspective for me.  Some of that stuff is going back in the attic!
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #10 on: 10 05, 18, 05:27:52:PM » Reply

taking some of this stuff to the thrift store so they can toss it in the dumpster...better than me renting a dumpster to do it...

why do I have so many printers...

I know....

printers with inkjets are cheaper than replacement inkjets....

will I do that again...

probably....
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Turning out the clutter
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory