Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 04:56:14:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660795 Posts in 298624 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I'm whopoed! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: I'm whopoed!  (Read 344 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 09 26, 18, 02:55:23:PM » Reply

Gonna make it even longer into the gravel to make sure it goes down and not sideways. I din't realize it was 93 while I was out there doing it.  Apparently the drain pipe was pointing upwards and water was not coming out under the patio...but I fixed it. Now I need to get dirt and sod. whew! I still need to cut the lawn today before it starts raining again this evening.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 09 26, 18, 05:17:38:PM » Reply

you went to the extreme with it... lol

mines is on top of the ground and the tall flowers are hiding it... reason for a collage... you have to remove them to see the pipe....

nice job...Sun... take a break...

I just went out and dug the weeds out of the side of the fence cause I didn't plant flowers this year... the weeds took over... Bigum helped...when the mud settles I will blow it against the fence.. grass need cutting tomorrow if it dries out somewhat... for some reason it get talk in the back and the front just needs to be reseeded from the gasoline spots... I plant every year because of Bigum anyway...but... these neighbors need to go...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 09 26, 18, 05:48:11:PM » Reply

Thanks luv...now I can take a break. I need sod but have to wait for the stores to get some in. So now that corner of the yard can start to dry out. I took that pipe to the center of that gravel half way down. That ought to do it. My property line is a few inches on the outside of that garden. The new lady wanted gravel and a bird bath so we share the water run off spot now.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #3 on: 09 26, 18, 09:56:01:PM » Reply

Good job sun and nice pictures.  It all looks so neat and tidy.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #4 on: 09 27, 18, 03:53:40:AM » Reply

Is that the downspout from your house? 
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 09 27, 18, 04:49:31:AM » Reply

Yes, the back corner. The pipe was squished and pointing upward so water stayed around the house and tries to seep in with heavy rains. Last night we had another deluge right before dark   Water gushed out my newly laid pipe  the way I Planned . :-) Yay!!!
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 09 27, 18, 07:03:28:AM » Reply

water like fire is a natural destructive force...sink holes, mud slides is an example...the house will start settling...

you have to divert the water from the house or you're looking at the most destruction you can do to the foundation of a house.... not only will you have cracks in the foundation but with that comes nature... termites and fire ants... and the expense to rid of those problems is over the top...

You did good Sun...

the older houses here are finished because of water and abandonment and left to be razed cause of that....

been up all night... got to go out and cut the lawn and prepare the outside for the winter...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 09 27, 18, 10:40:45:AM » Reply

I have a termite warranty so if we do get them, they will fix it for us.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #8 on: 09 27, 18, 11:54:21:AM » Reply

We put in rain barrels for the new covered porch.  We had such a deluge the first night, they were filled.  I need some dedicated hose now so I can regularly empty the barrels.  I also need to find out what I can add to keep the mildew and nastiness down as they sit.

Your hard work will pay off in spades!  Looks great!
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: 09 27, 18, 01:27:29:PM » Reply

Dawn dishwashing liquid will keep the bugs away and at the same time keep anything the soaker hose area... clean and bug free... will not harm plants at all...the thing about a soaker hose... you can move it wherever and when ever....

they also have an attachment that when the barrels are filled water goes back into the ground... won't help me cause my pipes are busted....cast iron for decades and cold weather... want to change them to PVC and have it go into the sewer lines at the curb....

I'm not doing that....
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 09 27, 18, 05:04:55:PM » Reply

Sitting here waiting for grass to grow now. :-) I had the thickest grass and now it is dwindling away from all the rain.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 09 30, 18, 12:56:55:PM » Reply

Worked on the other side of the house today...not finished....in progress but just a run off area.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I'm whopoed!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory