Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 27, 24, 06:08:02:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663371 Posts in 298871 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Family reunions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Family reunions  (Read 298 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 08 21, 18, 11:22:29:AM » Reply

I have, perhaps in folly, decided to host our next family reunion...
It's been about 12 years since we all got together and having lost some brothers, won't be the same, but.

We are scheduling it for a weekend, since many will have to travel from points far away, but I'm just not sure how to approach all the meals and activities yet.  All of us are older, so I'm sure there will be dietary concerns for some.  I want to be able to have food on hand just for people to graze (fruits, veggies, sammie makings), but I wondered about the scope of multiple meals.

We're already working on our horseshoe pit design (I've always wanted one and have the game, but we always just used it while camping) and hubby is working on updating our firepit and getting the wood shed built so we are a little more spruced up. 

So, I have to ask...have you attended any of late?  What was it like?  What did you enjoy most, or least?
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 08 21, 18, 01:41:03:PM » Reply

No...we never have reunions.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 08 21, 18, 02:29:26:PM » Reply

I run from my family as far and fast as I can...
And I don't look back...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 08 21, 18, 03:59:20:PM » Reply

I hear ya luv... ;-)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #4 on: 08 21, 18, 06:52:09:PM » Reply

Our daughter was doing it and I don't know if she'll continue now they have downsized to a one level home with not such a big lot.  There are always family members that can't make it, but we always managed to get there.  The Saturday after last Thanksgiving was the last time she did it and we loved all the kids.  The guys kept the barbecue going and there were all kinds of salads and desserts laid out on the dining table through the big patio doors leading out to the patio.  It takes a lot of shopping and prep. but so worth it.  My son-in-law is one of 5 brothers and all their kids have grown up and have kids of their own, so it was crazy but fun.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #5 on: 08 22, 18, 01:10:38:PM » Reply

My mother died in 2004.  Her last wish was that all of us kids not fight anymore (there was so much between the finances, the house, pretty much everything, over the 7 years we cared for her).  And for the 6 months prior to her death, every visit, she told every kid, I want you kids to have a reunion, every couple years, please.  So each of us made that promise.  2 years after she died, our oldest brother hosted the first one, in Arkansas.  Only 5 of us made it.  Then in 2007, we lost the two brothers in 2 days, which pretty much put the skids on any further plans.  So for about the last 5 years, my sister and I have been trying to get everyone back together and no one would agree to anything, so finally as we were discussing whether to have it in Oregon, Washington or a neutral location, like Glacier, Yellowstone, or somewhere close to home in Montana, I just said, we have lots of property now, let me host.  And we want to ensure the lost brothers families attend, so it will be an "all family" reunion, cousins, aunts, uncles, whoever can make it. 

And now I have to plan...LOL
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #6 on: 08 22, 18, 02:45:07:PM » Reply

It's great that you're going to bite the bullet so to speak and throw a big family reunion.  Don't be frightened to ask for help from those coming, it will lessen the load.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Family reunions
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory