Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 24, 07:53:47:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660978 Posts in 298644 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Georgia Voting Sites NOT ADA Compliant, Repocons Solution? Close Them! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Georgia Voting Sites NOT ADA Compliant, Repocons Solution? Close Them!  (Read 32 times)
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« on: 08 18, 18, 10:29:24:PM » Reply

Typical, slimy, disgusting Repocon tactics.

Election officials in a rural southwest Georgia county are defending a plan to suddenly close seven of the county’s nine polling
places against allegations of racial discrimination, saying the ones it wants to close are not sufficiently accessible to people with
disabilities.

Randolph County, the site of the proposed changes, is more than 60 percent black, with a little over 30 percent of residents in
poverty ― more than double the national level. The Georgia chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union sent a letter to the
election board earlier this week warning of a lawsuit because the proposed closures discriminated against black voters. Those
voters, the group said, were less likely to own a car and would be required to walk over three hours to one of the two remaining
polling locations because there is no public transportation to get them there. The ACLU also noted the voter makeup of one of
the polling places officials wanted to close was 96.7 percent black.

During a public meeting to discuss the changes Thursday evening, Mike Malone, a consultant hired by the county, said the seven
polling places did not comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Officials said they don’t have time to fix them, so
they would close them instead, WALB reported.

Sean Young, the ACLU of Georgia’s legal director, attended the meeting Thursday night and dismissed the suggestion that a lack
of ADA compliance meant the polling places had to close. Randolph County residents who attended were also skeptical of the
excuse, according to local reports.

“If a government building is not ADA compliant, the solution is to make them ADA compliant. If you cut your hand, you don’t chop
off your arm, you heal the wound,” he said. “They have had decades to fix these issues and have had elections in these polling
places. The better question is why haven’t these issues been fixed? And why, instead of fixing them, are you shutting them down?”

Todd Black, the county’s director of elections and registration, did not return requests for comment. A second public meeting is
scheduled for Friday night. A vote is expected Aug. 24.

In the letter to the county board, the ACLU said there was evidence of discriminatory intent in the proposal. They pointed to the fact
that Stacey Abrams, the first female black nominee for governor from a major party, will be on the ballot this fall.

“This is a Black Belt county that has twice the rate of African-American population as the rest of the state. With the ugly history of
voting discrimination that Georgia’s a part of, you need to think twice before you eliminate 75 percent of the polling places in a
majority black county,” Young said.

“We have expected high turnout this fall. You have to ask, why were these polling places enough for the primary and runoff earlier
this year, but not good enough for this November’s election?” he added. “The timing is very suspicious.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/officials-defend-plan-close-almost-195106464.html

Were the Voting Rights Act STILL be in force, THIS kind of Discrimination would NOT be tolerated!

Repocons can't win without cheating!
KensanIV

« Reply #1 on: 08 18, 18, 10:40:47:PM » Reply

Yikes!!!!  That sounds a lot like a Democratic tactic. 
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #2 on: 08 18, 18, 11:45:43:PM » Reply

Simple solution is voting by mail!

Democrats are the ones who say to have a polling place you must spend millions of dollars!
Truman62

« Reply #3 on: 08 19, 18, 04:27:42:AM » Reply

And how much would all those thousands and thousands of mail in ballots cost?

No, didn't think of that.

And how would you verify that it was the person voting by mail?

Too much money and totally violates your own Voter ID laws.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #4 on: 08 19, 18, 04:49:16:AM » Reply

My state does it regularly now with no problems!

Ballots have to be printed anyway, so what is the problem?
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #5 on: 08 19, 18, 06:33:42:AM » Reply

the voter rights law says voting is a right and should be equally accessible to all.  if white areas have plenty of voting sites, and black areas almost none, that is an obvious violation of the law even a retarded asshole like DVD might understand.
D2D

« Reply #6 on: 08 19, 18, 07:24:40:AM » Reply

So black people are now too stupid to use the mail?
Oscar_LaVista

« Reply #7 on: 08 19, 18, 07:45:18:AM » Reply

no, but you are stupid enough to ask, you goddamn racist piece of shit.  what part of fair and equal do you not understand, stupid shit?  if there are plenty of voting sites in wealthy areas, it is patently unfair to have almost none in poor areas...leave the racist shit out of it and think about FAIRNESS....IDIOT. 
D2D

« Reply #8 on: 08 19, 18, 07:47:09:AM » Reply

You are the racist bastard who is claiming blacks are too stupid to use the mail!
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 08 19, 18, 09:01:09:AM » Reply

hoosier whore remember when jesse jackson wend down to Florida and stood before a camera surrounded by some his people and admitted they were to stupid to vote!
Oscar_LaVista

« Reply #10 on: 08 19, 18, 10:09:00:AM » Reply

hoosier whore remember when jesse jackson wend down to Florida and stood before a camera surrounded by some his people and admitted they were to stupid to vote!

no, but i see by your post you have the English skills of a 6 year old. 
Truman62

« Reply #11 on: 08 19, 18, 01:37:33:PM » Reply

Obviously it is WORSE than what was reported, because it is ALL FAKE.
Fake news from the FAKE News Media!

Truth isn't the truth.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Georgia Voting Sites NOT ADA Compliant, Repocons Solution? Close Them!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory