Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 10:45:11:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662709 Posts in 298805 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Mississippi senator asks - "Was Rober E Lee a hero or a villian?" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Mississippi senator asks - "Was Rober E Lee a hero or a villian?"  (Read 113 times)
wvit1001

« on: 08 17, 18, 10:16:41:AM » Reply

And the current results on the senators own twitter feed is -

Hero -8%
Villian - 92%

https://twitter.com/senatormcdaniel/status/1030208178804457472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1030208178804457472&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fthehill.com%2Fhomenews%2Fcampaign%2F402294-gop-senate-candidate-polls-followers-on-whether-robert-e-lee-was-hero-or

currently over 92,000 votes
wvit1001

« Reply #1 on: 08 17, 18, 10:20:17:AM » Reply

Robert E Lee like Benedict Arnold was a War Hero then eventually became a traitor to the United States.

After the civil war was lost he denounced the confederacy.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #2 on: 08 17, 18, 02:12:09:PM » Reply

He was loyal to his home state of Virginia.  He didn't want to fight the Union, but when duty called to defend his state, he felt a loyal obligation.  He is neither a hero nor a traitor.

Was William Wallace a traitor?
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 08 17, 18, 03:28:04:PM » Reply

Lee was fighting to defend the right to enslave his fellow human beings and he was fighting against the Constitutional promises made by our founding fathers as he tried to set up a separate country.   That makes him a traitor to our country.
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #4 on: 08 17, 18, 03:35:00:PM » Reply

dan thinks traitors to this country are neither heroes or villains.  especially, those who fight for slavery, i guess.  robert e lee did have a change of heart, and i am not sure his heart was ever in it..he specifically banned any confederate flags or uniforms or references of any sort at this funeral. 

his military expertise helped kill many American soldiers, and prolonged the war for who knows how long....how he must have regretted his decision till the day he died. 
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #5 on: 08 17, 18, 03:38:11:PM » Reply

That makes him a traitor to our country.

The only way that can be is if you are the accuser, judge and jury wvit. As is he is no more a traitor than Obama or Hillary.

Robert E Lee was a great American general.
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 08 17, 18, 03:39:15:PM » Reply

Lee had a choice. Lee chose to betray the United States.  Lee should have been hung at the close of the war.  Some of his peers in Virginian, with more reason than Lee to want to keep "slaves in their place," decided not to betray our nation.

These were men who decided to keep true to their oaths. These were men who believed in the United States of America.
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 08 17, 18, 03:43:12:PM » Reply

The oath Lee swore at West Point -

"I, _____, appointed a _____ in the Army of the United States, do solemnly swear, or affirm, that I will bear true allegiance to the United States of America, and that I will serve them honestly and faithfully against all their enemies or opposers whatsoever, and observe and obey the orders of the President of the United States, and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the rules and articles for the government of the Armies of the United States."
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #8 on: 08 17, 18, 03:44:31:PM » Reply

That makes him a traitor to our country.

The only way that can be is if you are the accuser, judge and jury wvit. As is he is no more a traitor than Obama or Hillary.

Robert E Lee was a great American general.

fuck you.  lying ass piece of shit.  how in the fuck was hillary or obama a traitor, you piece of shit?  did they take up arms against the US, you goddamn lying asshole?  you need your lying chickenshit ass kicked, boy. 
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 08 17, 18, 03:45:23:PM » Reply

Lee opposed the construction of public memorials to Confederate rebellion on the grounds that they would prevent the healing of wounds inflicted during the war.

Nevertheless, after his death, Lee became an icon used by promoters of "Lost Cause" mythology, who sought to romanticize the Confederate cause and strengthen white supremacy in the South.
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #10 on: 08 17, 18, 03:47:57:PM » Reply

Great general, but technically a traitor. 

he decided to fight for the Confederacy, and the Confederacy chose to cede from the Union. 

To put it simply, he was an enemy of the republic. 
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 08 17, 18, 03:48:08:PM » Reply

right now 132,917 votes have been cast on the Mississippi senators own twitter page.

the results -

91% villain

9% hero

https://twitter.com/senatormcdaniel/status/1030208178804457472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1030208178804457472&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fthehill.com%2Fhomenews%2Fcampaign%2F402294-gop-senate-candidate-polls-followers-on-whether-robert-e-lee-was-hero-or
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Mississippi senator asks - "Was Rober E Lee a hero or a villian?"
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory