Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 12:16:44:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653457 Posts in 297923 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Ain't it lovely 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Ain't it lovely  (Read 393 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 08 04, 18, 10:36:03:AM » Reply

The weather today. .

Windows open meaning no AC... And its noise pollution...

No rain meaning a reprive from bugs..

The sun... Wow...

Just a lovely day... We don't need a million dollars if we can just have days like this...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 08 04, 18, 02:56:48:PM » Reply

Yes...very pretty today but on the hot side.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 08 04, 18, 05:33:57:PM » Reply

It was up in the 80's here for the last couple of days and it even felt cooler after hitting 3 digits.  It's all going to change back to extreme heat again supposedly in 4 days time.

I spoke to my Dad's last old girlfriend in the UK before he passed away.  She stays in touch with me and said the weather has been so hot there it is unbearable and so unusual.  She said she had come back from the northern part of England and it was 47 degrees celsius.  I looked it up and that equates to about 116 Fahrenheit.  I have never heard of it being so hot and I asked her if they still did not have air conditioning in the homes and stores there and she said that most stores don't and also newer homes don't automatically have air either.  Most just make do with a fan.  She said she was in the store "Debenhams" which is a very well known posh store and that it was "sweltering".  The sales staff have to wear uniforms and they are like suits.  She said this one poor salesgirl had sweat running down her face and so she was asked 'why don't you just take that heavy jacket off as you have a nice white blouse underneath" and was told that they are not allowed to.  My friend said "start a Petition and I'll be the first to sign it!".  I don't ever remember it being that hot back there and it looks like it's going to last a while.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 08 05, 18, 05:18:11:AM » Reply

90's for us this week.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 08 05, 18, 09:25:33:AM » Reply

Well we're going to have a couple 90 degree weather days too but it's going to go down to 60s the house stays cool with night air so if we turn on the air conditioner it'll only be for a couple hours so that's a good thing.

Also 50% chances of rain 4 days in 10...

Lowe's has a 25% off of flowers now...  Good pickings but I'll wait until 75% or the free give away. . Went and rubbed elbows with the store manager... I bet he'll give those dead one as door prizes... Lol

The roots are what counts... Looking for red daylillies... It's now my favorite but I'm not turning my nose up on yellow and orange tall daylillies...

Lupines may be a perennials here... And the lillies are overgrown and need to split them...

Somebody gave them to me off of Craigslist... I know why... Talk about workouts...whew.

Plant them from the seeds in the pods the produce.. .

Out of the 20 roses only 4 survived the winter and the gasoline...

I wish I could take pics and show.. .think I will get internet in Memphis. ..cause of the walking dead.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 08 06, 18, 08:54:14:AM » Reply

All I did this am was cut back the lilies and I sweat my butt off....not even 9 am and I still need to cut lawn when it dries. By then it should be near 100.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #6 on: 08 06, 18, 10:54:51:AM » Reply

We're headed back into a heat wave this week as well.

Looks like Mother Nature is not done with us yet.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #7 on: 08 06, 18, 12:31:31:PM » Reply

It's hot here today too... And I'm so sick of summer...really.. If I have graves disease then that the reason I get bent out of shape for summer activities...i do as little as possible but now planning is everything cause we only have 2 maybe 3 weeks of fall then winter comes in like a lion... And all you can say is what happened...

Me...heading back to the south for fall like weather for 2 months 1 month of winter and the longest spring with lots of rain...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 08 06, 18, 12:37:30:PM » Reply

92.1 °F
Feels Like 102.9 °F

Just cut lawn....ready for a nap now! man it's hot out there.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 08 06, 18, 04:31:05:PM » Reply

94.3 °F
Feels Like 106.4 °F

It's not so lovely here....
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #10 on: 08 06, 18, 06:15:09:PM » Reply

It's 90 degrees and rising here so we got out early and pulled out all the daylilies that had taken over and also looked so scruffy and then dug up every bit of lithodora ground cover which have roots like small trees.  It was a lot of work but it had all got out of hand.  Now the roses and azalea bushes and other plants can survive better and we can actually see them not entwined with all this stuff.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Ain't it lovely
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory