Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 07:35:43:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653409 Posts in 297919 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: What are the odds? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: What are the odds?  (Read 304 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 07 24, 18, 11:59:10:AM » Reply

Driving home last night, this little POS truck pulls out in front of us on the highway...about 10 miles from home.  It tooled on down the road, but turned right where we turn...drove up the same roads we drive...hmmmmm, hubby thought, that's weird at midnight, and we've never seen this truck before in our neighborhood.
Well, he slowed down so that the truck could get far enough ahead of us to not see where we turn in.  Well, just as hubby crests the hill before our place, this little truck shuts off its lights and dives into the driveway of our neighbor's house...that's empty and for sale.  They pull up behind the house in the carport.

So, we dove into our driveway, ran in the house and I called 911.  It seemed like forever for the sheriff to come out, but hubby snuck out the back door with his binoculars and was in the woods trying to keep an eye on them...no way to communicate anything though, LOL. 

So finally about 15 minutes later, the truck is still there, hubby is still outside and the sheriff drives by, but goes straight past the house.  Within about 10 seconds, I can hear the truck across the street start up and hear the deputy is turning around at our corner...the little truck peels out of the driveway and I'm on the phone with 911 telling them the deputy needs to head in the opposite direction...they are on the dispatch with the deputy and he/she is apparently all over them like flies on honey.  We didn't hear anything else the rest of the night.

This morning, hubby had to drive into town and said about 1/2 a mile away, the little truck is sitting smack-dab in the middle of another driveway...looks like Joe Law got them!   We are still trying to get a hold of the owner to let them know what happened.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 07 24, 18, 01:06:45:PM » Reply

Wow....good for you!
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 07 25, 18, 05:19:03:AM » Reply

Wish you were my neighbor.

Hell they can drive an 18 wheeler with a sign...stating I rob and vandalize... Picture ID.... And phone number... And nobody here would see it or call 911...

Just saying...

Good for you... You are being watched... My guess they were there to stripe the metal...
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #3 on: 07 25, 18, 07:27:59:PM » Reply

It could have been your place.  Is anywhere totally safe anymore.  We live in an almost crime free little town but I saw on our  Next door social website that a couple on the outskirts of our town were tied up and robbed in their own home by a couple of guys who broke in and stole all their jewelry.  Must have been someone who knew what they had.  We have a house alarm but our four legged alarm is a much better warning.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 07 25, 18, 11:57:05:PM » Reply

Nowadays when you post your house for sale it's an open invitation for criminals to come in and vandalize that house. 

That's what happened in Memphis with my house it was vandalized after it was placed on sale it's a career for some criminals to do the work it takes to pick out houses that they know
 are empty and for sale and go in and vandalize.

It happened so much in Memphis that in order for you to sell pipes copper pipes and electrical wire you have to be a contractor to do it.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #5 on: 07 26, 18, 03:45:44:AM » Reply

The neighbor's daughter was over today working on the yard and the hubby told her what happened.  It doesn't appear they tried to break in, but she found a bunch of those little "airline" bottles from booze in the trash can...so it may have been kids out drinking.  Glad the sheriff's deputy got them off the road.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: What are the odds?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory