Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 02:13:46:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653469 Posts in 297924 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  Religion  |  Prayer List  |  Topic: June 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: June  (Read 12053 times)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« on: 07 02, 18, 12:27:07:AM » Reply

My wife is in the hospital on a Bipap (not bpap) ventilator. She has severe COPD, a massive infection, MRSA, and a failing heart. She and I started going steady when she was 13, just a month or two from 14. That was 54 years ago. We've been married 48 of that. The doctors told me today she has just a few months to live and will put her on hospice in the hospital.  I didn't take it very well even though deep inside I already knew.  There's just something about being told that stabs you.

This photo is from when I was in Vietnam. That would have made her 18 at the time.  A year later we married. I have no idea how I managed to be the lucky one.

takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 07 02, 18, 12:48:45:PM » Reply

Jim, your dedication to your lovely wife is incomparable.

We keep you both in our prayers daily and sincerely hope that you are able to keep your strength of resolve up, through this difficult time.
Having just gone through this with my husband's mother last year, preparation kept her going.  She had a plan and wanted to ensure it was in place before she left. 

Just being by your wife's side means the world to her.  Let all else be damned, take this time to be with her and know that every day after she will always be with you.

Take care of yourself, please.  We're all thinking about you.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 07 02, 18, 01:08:14:PM » Reply

Jim, so sad to read that your wife is losing her battle.  I will pray for you both and for your strength to get you through this time. You are at her side and that's what matters to her.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #3 on: 07 02, 18, 01:23:50:PM » Reply

Keeping you and your dearest June in my heart and prayers, Jim.
: ‘ ] ‘ ‘ ‘ Your long love story brings me to tears : ‘
I pray for God’s comfort to be with you both and may the Lord give you as much time together as possible.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 07 02, 18, 06:32:28:PM » Reply

Hugs and prayers....she looks a lot like my sister...her exact smile.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #5 on: 07 03, 18, 12:34:13:AM » Reply

Last minute reprieve.

I talked to my wifes doctor that she's been with for 12 years, he's the one who first wanted to put her into Hospice. The reason is because when I first took her to the hospital, she was was in horrible shape. Once she got to a room she curled up in bed like a little old lady, with the forced air mask, not eating, and sleeping all the time. And with everything that was wrong with her gave all indications she was ready to leave. But over the last week she had been sitting up as much as her breathing would allow her, she's been eating, not much, but enough to get the attention of the doctors, and she was removing the air mask for short periods showing she's trying to get off it.

So, the good news is that the Doctor now wants to momentarily cancel the Hospice and send her to a nearby LTAC (Long Term Acute Care) facility (that specializes in hard cases), for about two weeks to see if they can help her.  He asked me if that was OK, (WELL DUH!  Yes!)   Maybe they can help her come home under just regular nursing care. If not, then they will again recommend Hospice care.  She still has a LOT wrong with her.

But, she has at least has a chance to fight and be with us a bit longer.

takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #6 on: 07 03, 18, 04:49:47:AM » Reply

The power of love and prayer does wonders! 
Embrace every moment and give her your time...that is what she needs the most now.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 07 03, 18, 04:51:21:AM » Reply

Hope~~~and pray.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #8 on: 07 03, 18, 06:22:18:AM » Reply

Thank God. We are all praying for her strength, Jim.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #9 on: 07 03, 18, 10:37:19:AM » Reply

Yes, pray for even a small miracle and hope will sustain you.  It shows how much your love and dedication has helped your wife, Jim.  We're pulling for you both.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #10 on: 07 03, 18, 04:51:18:PM » Reply

You’ve probably already searched /tried if any natural remedies might be helpful.With Doc’s permission of course:

Hope it’s been a good/better day for you and June, Jim. Everyone is praying and thinking about you two.

Lung Institute | 6 Natural COPD Treatments to Try Right Now
Lung Institute › blog › 6-natural-treatme...
Jul 25, 2016 · ...choose a milk alternative such as Almond or Soy milk. Ginseng. One of the best natural treatments for COPD is ginseng. Antioxidant Vitamins. Antioxidants are crucial for the body as they allow it to use oxygen more efficiently so that it enters the bloodstream in the proper amounts.
Best Natural Treatments for COPD | Lung Institute
Lung Institute › blog › best-natural-treat...
Dec 9, 2017 · Herbal Remedies. Eucalyptus—helps break up congestion and expel phlegm. Ginger—has many benefits, such as breaking down mucus, improving circulation to the lungs and reducing inflammation. Oregano—contains carvacrol and rosmarinic acid, which are natural decongestants and antihistamines.

I know it’s more complicated, but just an example, etc., a cup of ginger tea, or....anything
that would help and not harm... and soothing
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #11 on: 07 04, 18, 04:12:46:PM » Reply

Happy 4th, ((Jim&June))
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  Religion  |  Prayer List  |  Topic: June
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel