Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 11:38:37:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660928 Posts in 298643 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump Says NK Has Returned The Remains Of 200 US Soldiers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Trump Says NK Has Returned The Remains Of 200 US Soldiers  (Read 77 times)
wvit1001

« on: 06 22, 18, 03:41:39:PM » Reply

Amid the turmoil over family separation, Trump has tried to change the topic to North Korea's denuclearization and the repatriation of missing US soldiers. Both of which haven't happened.

In the firestorm around family separations at the US–Mexico border, President Donald Trump keeps trying to bring the conversation back to North Korea, demanding credit for his accomplishments at last week’s summit in Singapore that he says are not being recognized.

The problem is that he's touting results that have yet to happen, getting ahead of the Pentagon and leaving military officials to clean up his comments.

In an abrupt change of topic from his televised remarks on immigration at a Cabinet meeting Thursday, Trump praised his “tremendous success in North Korea” at the historic meeting with Kim Jong Un.

“It will be a total denuclearization, which is already starting taking place,” he said, adding that it was beginning "immediately" — contradicting his defense secretary, who was sitting next to him at the same table. Less than 24 hours earlier, Jim Mattis had told reporters at the Pentagon that he had not seen any indication that North Korea had done anything to dismantle its weapons program or move toward denuclearization.

“No, I’m not aware of that,” Mattis had said, adding that “obviously it’s the very front end of the process. The detailed negotiations have not begun ... I wouldn’t expect that at this point.”

On Wednesday night, Trump also brought up the concessions he said he'd exacted from North Korea at a campaign rally in Duluth, Minnesota, declaring that the remains of 200 US service members killed in the Korean War had been repatriated to the US.

“We got back our great fallen heroes, the remains — in fact, today already 200 have been sent back,” Trump announced to the more than 8,000 supporters at the rally and thousands more who watched on television.

Trump’s claim reportedly baffled US officials in South Korea, who could not confirm whether such a transfer had taken place.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/verabergengruen/trump-says-north-korea-has-returned-the-remains-of-200-us?utm_term=.drE8QBNz8l#.pa9mWp4emg
gwboolean

« Reply #1 on: 06 22, 18, 03:45:36:PM » Reply

The man is a consistent loser who is looking for anything that he can present as a win.  Not working very well for him.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #2 on: 06 22, 18, 03:53:03:PM » Reply

So, what did Trump say, exactly, that is incorrect?
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 06 22, 18, 04:15:49:PM » Reply

It's in the article chuck.   you should read prior to making stupid comments like you do.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #4 on: 06 22, 18, 04:24:59:PM » Reply

I read what he said, but nothing to refute what he said, with the possible exception that it's in process, underway versus complete.  Minor nit, but that's your MO.
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 06 22, 18, 04:29:30:PM » Reply

“It will be a total denuclearization, which is already starting taking place,”

“No, I’m not aware of that,” Mattis had said, adding that “obviously it’s the very front end of the process. The detailed negotiations have not begun ... I wouldn’t expect that at this point.”
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #6 on: 06 22, 18, 04:30:14:PM » Reply

It will be, process started with the written agreement.
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 06 22, 18, 04:38:02:PM » Reply

the denuclearization, it's already taking place?    Do you have a link to the written agreement you reference chuck?
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #8 on: 06 22, 18, 04:40:15:PM » Reply

Come on, vit.  He said "already starting" and it started with the written agreement signed in Singapore available on the internet.  Gheesuz.
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 06 22, 18, 04:42:59:PM » Reply

what written agreement?   you have a link to it?
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 06 22, 18, 04:45:00:PM » Reply

In reality, the document he signed with Kim at their June 12 summit in Singapore only reiterated North Korea's previous commitment to "work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

Sitting in the Cabinet Room next to Defense Secretary James Mattis, Trump insisted the document read: "We will immediately begin total denuclearization of North Korea," an opaque phrase that the United States and North Korea view differently.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #11 on: 06 22, 18, 04:47:51:PM » Reply

Word parsing, vit.   The process started with the signed agreement.  It's the necessary first step in the process.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump Says NK Has Returned The Remains Of 200 US Soldiers
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory