Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 07:22:03:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653568 Posts in 297938 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Roll on, Blue Tsunami! Democrat Wins District Trump Won by 17 Points 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Roll on, Blue Tsunami! Democrat Wins District Trump Won by 17 Points  (Read 173 times)
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« on: 06 13, 18, 07:19:15:AM » Reply

Wisconsin Democrats scored a major upset victory Tuesday night, winning a state Senate seat in a district that went for Donald Trump by double digits in 2016.

Caleb Frostman defeated state Rep. Andre Jacque (R) for the open seat in District 1 that was previously held by state Sen. Frank Lasee (R), who resigned to take a job in Gov. Scott Walker’s administration. Frostman will be on the ballot again in November for the regular election.

Republicans held on to a state Assembly seat in District 42 that also held a special election Tuesday.

Although Frostman’s term is short, his win is a huge victory for the Democratic Party. Not only was the seat held by a Republican, but Trump defeated Democratic rival Hillary Clinton there by 17 points in the 2016 presidential election. Trump also won the state of Wisconsin overall.

“Tonight is a good night for Wisconsin Democrats,” said state party chair Martha Laning. “We continued a winning streak by flipping a red seat blue and electing Caleb Frostman to the state Senate, a 21-point swing from Trump’s 2016 performance.”

Frostman’s win is especially sweet for Democrats because Walker tried to prevent Tuesday’s contests from taking place to begin with. Both the vacancies were created when Walker tapped the incumbents to join his administration in December.

State law requires the governor to call special elections for vacancies that take place before May in an election year, but Walker had refused to do so. He planned to keep them vacant until the regular elections in November. The National Democratic Redistricting Committee, a group led by former Attorney General Eric Holder, sued Walker ― and won.

Walker reluctantly called these special elections in March, knowing full well that Democrats had a real shot at flipping the seats.

In January, Democrat Patty Schachtner also had a surprise victory in a state Senate special election, succeeding in another district that had been held by Republicans and went to Trump by 17 points. At the time, Walker called the results a “wake-up call” for Republicans that there was a potential blue wave of Democratic wins coming in November.

“Scott Walker and his Republican allies gerrymandered this district for their own partisan benefit,” said Holder on Tuesday night, “but the citizens of Wisconsin are clearly speaking out this year to demand a state government that better represents their values.”

Democrats have flipped 43 state legislative seats from red to blue since Trump became president.

here is a picture of crybaby scott walker after the election asking "Am I re-elected yet?"

Oscar_LaVista

« Reply #1 on: 06 13, 18, 11:38:49:AM » Reply

I just wanted to let you know wvit posted the same story about 3 hours after this one. 
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 06 13, 18, 11:39:39:AM » Reply

sorry oscar, I wasn't up at 7 am reading your posts.
Oscar_LaVista

« Reply #3 on: 06 13, 18, 11:44:30:AM » Reply

that's okay.  i know how hard it is to scan down the front page for new threads....
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #4 on: 06 13, 18, 12:08:10:PM » Reply

Roll on, Blue Tsunami!

LOL!  More like a "Crimson Tide."
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #5 on: 06 13, 18, 12:17:23:PM » Reply

Special election with low voter turnout?
Oscar_LaVista

« Reply #6 on: 06 13, 18, 02:39:44:PM » Reply

it seems like the only special elections the repubs can win is where only people who were special ed kids vote. that is their kind of special election. 
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 06 13, 18, 03:02:28:PM » Reply

republicans are upset with their party which has done nothing to help them out.   I don't see many republicans turning out to vote anywhere.
1965hawks

« Reply #8 on: 06 13, 18, 03:33:34:PM » Reply

Four Winners and three losers

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/4-winners-and-3-losers-from-the-june-12-primary-elections/ar-AAyznsT
Oscar_LaVista

« Reply #9 on: 06 13, 18, 07:41:47:PM » Reply

how many repubs won a special election in a district won by Hillary by 17 points in the last election?
1965hawks

« Reply #10 on: 08 06, 18, 01:53:19:PM » Reply

Michigan could see the biggest blue wave of all in the 2018 elections.

In the 2018 midterms in Michigan, Democrats and in good shape to keep a senate seat and retake the governor's mansion--and the Wolverine State also gives them a couple of chances to pick up a house wins.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/why-michigan-could-see-the-biggest-blue-wave-of-all-in-the-2018-elections/ar-BBLyEtt?ocid=spartanntp
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Roll on, Blue Tsunami! Democrat Wins District Trump Won by 17 Points
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory