Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 08:52:57:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660476 Posts in 298591 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Finally 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Finally  (Read 365 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 06 01, 18, 04:48:50:AM » Reply

A good rain...i mean good... But in a couple of hours it's going to be hot again... 91...but it cooled down a lot...

I'm thinking that the roof here needs an attic fan to blow the hot air out... Working the AC to death here probably occurs a lot... Something to do next trip...

I mean this little box house got so hot you'd thought you had opened up the oven... Trying to think it was 10 below and the heat is on is insanity...

Anyway got the door open to catch the breeze and wishing I had brought that screen door that snaps closed with a magnet... The only issue with that is Bigum getting loose...

Tonight I will try to make the trip if not early Sunday morning... Less cars on the road... Just have to pace the early morning traffic with the folks who are trying to get to work on time...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 06 01, 18, 02:35:24:PM » Reply

Sounds like the house is not insulated enough.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 06 01, 18, 03:16:22:PM » Reply

I agree.  Lack of insulation is usually the first cause.  If the house is old enough, as my parents and inlaws houses were, straw, newspapers, and cardboard were often the only insulators used...they decay after awhile. 

My father was a genius though 

...he waited until vermiculite insulation, full of asbestos, was banned, then he promptly got it all free, brought it all home, and blew it into our attic...not dangerous until the house deteriorated, the foundation gave way, and the ceilings started to cave in...we lived that way for at least 10 years and I was still cleaning up those little beads of vermiculite well after we put Mom into the nursing home...it was a full on hazmat suit removal when the house was razed by Habitat for Humanity. 
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 06 01, 18, 05:46:10:PM » Reply

OMG taken....
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 06 01, 18, 06:32:20:PM » Reply

please help us...

The rain brought the humidity...

I am so done...this is too long without relief...

And now here come summer... Temps are rising in the next couple of days... 94 that feels like 103...

If I'm not on the way out of here... I'm checking into the hospital but boarding Bigum in a working AC place...

That I promise...
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #5 on: 06 02, 18, 04:09:31:AM » Reply

Exactly sunshine.  But that's the way he was.  He was an electrician and every construction site and supplier always had banned or defective items that he would tote home.  Even the peel and stick floor tiles he was so proud of were the asbestos type and when those started to crack and break after about 20 years, he couldn't care less that they were considered dangerous. 
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 06 02, 18, 04:46:35:PM » Reply

Dad built our home in 1950 or so...did the same thing with peel and stick floor tiles. 4 people in my family ended up with cancer. Makes you wonder what products was used.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Finally
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About