Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 24, 24, 11:55:16:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662665 Posts in 298802 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Macron stands up for everything Trump vowed to destroy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Macron stands up for everything Trump vowed to destroy  (Read 23 times)
wvit1001

« on: 04 25, 18, 05:26:22:PM » Reply

French president addresses Congress, presenting himself as an advocate of liberal world order – the opposite of Trump’s image

After spending a day of intimate presidential fraternity with Donald Trump, Emmanuel Macron made an impassioned speech in Washington on Wednesday advocating many of the things Trump has spent much of his presidency trying to destroy.

Over the course of a 50-minute address to a joint meeting of Congress, the French president said he was “sure” the US would one day return to the Paris climate change accord, and vowed that France would not abandon the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran. Trump has left the first and has been threatening to quit the second in the next few weeks.

More broadly, Macron presented himself to the US legislature as an unabashed advocate of the liberal world order of global institutions and free trade – the very opposite of the America First nationalism that fuelled Trump’s rise to the White House. The speech – delivered in English – was interrupted by frequent standing ovations, many from both sides of the aisle.

“We will not let the rampaging work of extreme nationalism shake a world full of hopes for greater prosperity,” Macron said. “It is a critical moment. If we do not act with urgency as a global community, I am convinced that the international institutions, including the United Nations and Nato, will no longer be able to exercise a mandate and stabilising influence.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/25/macron-goes-against-trump-on-paris-climate-deal-and-iran-nuclear-accord
wvit1001

« Reply #1 on: 04 25, 18, 05:27:22:PM » Reply

“What is the meaning of our life if we [are] destroying the planet while sacrificing the future of our children?” the French president asked. “Let us face it. There is no planet B.”

He said the rift over the Paris accord was but a “short-term disagreement”.

“In the long run, we will have to face the same reality that we are citizens of the same planet,” he added.

“I’m sure one day the United States will come back and join the Paris agreement,” Macron declared, to whoops and cheers from the Democratic ranks.
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 04 25, 18, 05:28:25:PM » Reply

Iran, Macron said would “never possess any nuclear weapons” but he added: “This policy should never lead us to war in the Middle East.”

He called for respect for the sovereignty of Iran and its ancient civilisation, and urged the west not to “repeat past mistakes”, an apparent reference to the 2003 Iraq invasion.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #3 on: 04 25, 18, 05:40:17:PM » Reply

an advocate of liberal world order

Thank God we have the opposite - an advocate for freedom.
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 04 25, 18, 05:43:47:PM » Reply

freedom to do whatever you want?   pollute the water that other people drink, reject people because of race or nationality, ....   That kind of freedom dan?

that kind of freedom is fine for the individual, but as a country we can't use bigotry and idiocy as police the way you propose.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #5 on: 04 25, 18, 05:55:58:PM » Reply

freedom to do whatever you want?

Yep.

pollute the water that other people drink

Nope.

reject people because of race or nationality

For individuals, Yep.  Surely you don't advocate the government dictating to you how you think about other people, do you, wvit?  You advocate abolishing the 1st amendment, do ya?

That kind of freedom dan?

The freedom to live your own life as you see fit as long as it does not infringe on the lives of others.

that kind of freedom is fine for the individual

BINGO!!!!!!!!!! 

but as a country ...

I am not talking about government freedom.  Governments should and must be restricted.  Our founding fathers knew that governments could not be trusted, so they implied strict limitations on the government, and they empowered the individuals and the separate states to keep that power in check.

and idiocy as police the way you propose.

You don't know what I propose, so keep your mouth shut.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Macron stands up for everything Trump vowed to destroy
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory