Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 27, 24, 06:54:43:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663377 Posts in 298871 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Who Were the First Colonists? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Who Were the First Colonists?  (Read 102 times)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #12 on: 04 24, 18, 06:52:46:PM » Reply

The Indians already claimed they did not "own" the land. Therefore ....
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #13 on: 04 24, 18, 06:57:59:PM » Reply

even somebody as mentally challenged as you ...

I see.  So instead of debating me on the substance, you have chosen to attack me personally.  How is that working out for you?  Has it persuaded me to your side yet?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #14 on: 04 24, 18, 07:02:17:PM » Reply

why isn't it owned by whomever lives there first?

They can certainly make that claim.  And they can certainly defend the land if they want.

do you think might makes right?

It was the law of the jungle.  Survival of the fittest.  Nowadays we are more sophisticated.

what gave strangers the right to force anybody off their land, legally or otherwise?

Their own authorization.

aren't we going back to if there were no laws about murder at all, would it make it okay to murder someone?

Okay?  Or legal?  Not the same thing.
seahooker

« Reply #15 on: 04 24, 18, 07:14:40:PM » Reply

Oscar, you are a prime example why we need the 2nd amendment. how could you, like the original inhabitants of this country, defend yourself against the illegal immigrants from wherever?
look what happened to the native Americans. Too bad they didn't have the arms to fight off the colonists, right?
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #16 on: 04 24, 18, 07:51:45:PM » Reply

Oscar, you are a prime example why we need the 2nd amendment. how could you, like the original inhabitants of this country, defend yourself against the illegal immigrants from wherever?
look what happened to the native Americans. Too bad they didn't have the arms to fight off the colonists, right?

The Indians could have slaughtered the first pilgrims easily.  Remember, a single shot musket is not as deadly as a bow and arrow.  so what are you talking about, Willis?  most of the first pilgrims were mostly women and children, not armed soldiers.  what are you talking about?  and surely you don't think you and every other gun nut who looks like you, armed with 50 assault weapons and high capacity clips, could stand up to even a moderate sized SWAT team, much less a whole police force, much less our military. much less any foreign invaders who had defeated our military...WHY DO YOU POST SUCH NONSENSE?

The constitution never said a word about private citizens having firearms.  pro or con.  just like it never said anything about private citizens having the right to own furniture.  what it did say was only those in well regulated militias had the right to bear and own arms of war, not just firearms.  read it sometime. 
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #17 on: 04 24, 18, 07:53:44:PM » Reply

Seahooker,

I understood your point.  The 2nd amendment was not written to protect hunting.  It was written to protect the right to self defense.
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #18 on: 04 24, 18, 08:11:43:PM » Reply

by people in a well regulated militia.  that is why no one ever complained about not being able to buy arms of war like land mines, hand grenades, shoulder fired ground to air missile launchers and missiles, bazookas, howitzers and other too lethal arms at walmarts or dicks sporting goods through the years, they knew how stupid that would be. 
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #19 on: 04 24, 18, 08:31:06:PM » Reply

by people in a well regulated militia.

"Well regulated" means well trained and well prepared.  Militias were comprised of average citizens.

that is why no one ever complained about not being able to buy arms of war like land mines, hand grenades, shoulder fired ground to air missile launchers and missiles, bazookas, howitzers and other too lethal arms

Because the Constitution protected that right to do so.

they knew how stupid that would be.

Wrong.  They knew how important and essential it would be.  That's why they guaranteed that right explicitly.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #20 on: 04 24, 18, 08:49:15:PM » Reply

So is the far left argument that they want open borders for the United States? Without a border there is no country. Why are libs so in favor of illegals infiltrating our country when there are laws how to legally enter the United States.

When my parents moved from Canada to the US after they married
they had to apply and get approval.

Why do radicals think they are above the law?
Canada has their laws, so does Mexico and all other countries. Why crap on the U.S., our immigration rules should be honored.
seahooker

« Reply #21 on: 04 24, 18, 09:06:18:PM » Reply

why are they so in favor of open borders and no guns for protection against the likes of MS-13?
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #22 on: 04 24, 18, 09:17:00:PM » Reply

The Indians could have slaughtered the first pilgrims easily. 

Are you claiming they didn't try?   Have you ever heard of the Lost Colony?
KensanIV

« Reply #23 on: 04 24, 18, 10:06:53:PM » Reply

Through out history, there is one definite truth.  Those who have the superior weapons will win the conflict.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Who Were the First Colonists?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory