Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 05:33:10:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660409 Posts in 298588 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Pres. Clinton Balanced the Federal Budget & Erased the Federal Debt: 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Pres. Clinton Balanced the Federal Budget & Erased the Federal Debt:  (Read 2556 times)
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #12 on: 09 06, 10, 01:35:13:PM » Reply

OOPPpppsssy,

Ho-Dud and 13   get their ignorant libtarded asses pwnd here again.

Good start of the week for them, eh Huh?   LOL!

I think you might have made the little girl Ho-Dud cry!
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #13 on: 09 06, 10, 01:37:14:PM » Reply

There was no real surplus...the government keeps two sets of books.
I doubt we've had a real balanced budget or surpluses for decades...
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #14 on: 09 06, 10, 01:39:33:PM » Reply

presidents do not "give" numbers to the CBO, dummy.  the CBO has been wrong about projections, anybody can be wrong about projections...for instance, when bush took over, they forecasted surpluses for the next decade and the debt paid off by 2005....but bush fucked that up in the first year!!!  you people are always wrong because YOU DO NOT KNOW ANY FACTS...YOU LISTEN TO RUSH AND HANNITY AND FOX....they lie to you.  then you repeat that shit and you sound like idiots.  the CBO is the official number cruncher for the government, you fucking retards....the president does not keep a set of books, you retards....learn something...
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #15 on: 09 06, 10, 01:40:26:PM » Reply

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-08-02-deficit-usat_x.htm

Congress and the president are able to report a lower deficit mostly because they don't count the growing burden of future pensions and medical care for federal retirees and military personnel. These obligations are so large and are growing so fast that budget surpluses of the late 1990s actually were deficits when the costs are included.
The Clinton administration reported a surplus of $559 billion in its final four budget years. The audited numbers showed a deficit of $484 billion.
In addition, neither of these figures counts the financial deterioration in Social Security or Medicare. Including these retirement programs in the bottom line, as proposed by a board that oversees accounting methods used by the federal government, would show the government running annual deficits of trillions of dollars.
colfax
Honored Member

« Reply #16 on: 09 06, 10, 01:41:24:PM » Reply

screech says, "The CBO can only use the numbers it is given. It has no ability to look elsewhere. And guess who gave the CBO the cooked numbers?"

This GOPper believes Beck over the CBO! How could an adult with a fully evolved brain argue with the likes of screech?

Plus, screech, opinions can be debated, but facts cannot easily be contested

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy06/pdf/hist.pdf
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #17 on: 09 06, 10, 01:45:10:PM » Reply

HEY, DUMBFUCK!!!  THE CBO IS THE OFFICIAL SOURCE, YOU GODDAMN IDIOT....what part of that don't you understand, fool?  hell, why not just ask Carrot Top what he thinks?  who the fuck is USA TODAY?  who died and made them an official source for economic data, you stupid bitch?  are you on fucking drugs?  that little piece of shit lie has already been dismissed by an actual source, dumbshit...

Update, Feb. 11: Some readers wrote to us saying we should have made clear the difference between the federal deficit and the federal debt. A deficit occurs when the government takes in less money than it spends in a given year. The debt is the total amount the government owes at any given time. So the debt goes up in any given year by the amount of the deficit, or it decreases by the amount of any surplus. The debt the government owes to the public decreased for a while under Clinton, but the debt was by no means erased.

Other readers have noted a USA Today story stating that, under an alternative type of accounting, the final four years of the Clinton administration taken together would have shown a deficit. This is based on an annual document called the "Financial Report of the U.S. Government," which reports what the governments books would look like if kept on an accrual basis like those of most corporations, rather than the cash basis that the government has always used. The principal difference is that under accrual accounting the government would book immediately the costs of promises made to pay future benefits to government workers and Social Security and Medicare beneficiaries. But even under accrual accounting, the annual reports showed surpluses of $69.2 billion in fiscal 1998,  $76.9 billion in fiscal 1999, and $46 billion for fiscal year 2000.  So even if the government had been using that form of accounting the deficit would have been erased for those three years.

-Brooks Jackson

Sources
Congressional Budget Office, "Historical Budget Data," undated, accessed 28 Jan. 2008.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #18 on: 09 06, 10, 01:46:47:PM » Reply

Apparently hoosier, you still have not bothered to read the USA today article, which cites that the CBO adjusted the numbers...the CBO, the source you say has the final word...

Don't murder the messenger, USA today just brought the truth to the people...
lluke47

« Reply #19 on: 09 06, 10, 01:48:51:PM » Reply

When people say they have balanced their budget that would mean to me that their debts are payed and they are breaking even or making gains..

xxxxoon neither balanced a budget or erased a deficit in his life...the republican congress stopped the spending, xxxxoon never knew what was going on, all he wanted was oval office booty and a cigar dipped in a creampie..
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #20 on: 09 06, 10, 01:50:00:PM » Reply

clinton could'nt even keep his own balance let alone balance a budget..
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #21 on: 09 06, 10, 01:50:11:PM » Reply

fact check addressed that, stupid.  can you read?  think of it this way, if the changes were made like USA Today wanted (who gives a shit what USA Today wants?) then reagan's tripling of the national debt and huge deficits would have been even worse, so would Old Man bush's and especially Gomer Bush's worst economy ever...get it, dumbass?  clinton ruled, all these dumbfuck supply side GOP fucksticks drooled and so do you, all over their ass with your lies. 
dg9990
Honored Member

« Reply #22 on: 09 06, 10, 01:50:31:PM » Reply

HD said .... "the president does not keep a set of books, you retards....learn something"

OK... Everybody, it's time for class.

Tim Geitner is Secretary of Treasury. He reports to the President just like all former Secretaries of the Treasury.

He is a report from The US Treasury. Employees of Tim Geitner prepared this report.

http://www.fms.treas.gov/mts/mts0710.pdf

The CBO uses data from the US Treasury as its source for analysis.

The President ultimately is responsible for these numbers because Treasury reports to him.

If you understand, please hold up your hand. .
stretch351c
Contributor

That which does not kill me, had better run

« Reply #23 on: 09 06, 10, 01:54:25:PM » Reply

Liberals are incapable of understanding dg9990. Especially if it contradicts what they are told to believe by their masters.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Pres. Clinton Balanced the Federal Budget & Erased the Federal Debt:
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory