Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 01:02:22:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663529 Posts in 298887 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Yanked all those annuals out of the flower pots 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Yanked all those annuals out of the flower pots  (Read 635 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 09 05, 10, 07:59:44:PM » Reply

cause they looked bad... put the flower pots up for next year... I mean this drought did it to the flower pots this year... I did water but it wasn't enough...so I trashed them... and I'm not saving the seeds like I did last year... didn't work at all.... can't figure out why... and the flower bulbs that I had last year didn't worked at all...

I'll call this summer "loss cause" but wait!  Elephant weeds are in full bloom...lol how could that happen...

Hostas are in bloom but the leaves are turning brown... roses are hanging in there but needs some support.... maybe I'll move them closer to the fence and train them to climb along side...

The crabgrass....well took off this year and I've never seen it like that before... and there's another weed that seemed to make it in the yard this year... don't know what it's called but it spread like fire...took a whole morning pulling up from the roots...but it's not a bad weed cause it covered all the bare spots that I dug up to do the driveway...

after tuesday... it promises to be milder temps and I'll be able to go out in the yard and winterize a lot...moving the flowers out of the elephant weeds way and I'm going to make sure I dig the heck out of the flowerbed and maybe wait until I get some perennials and place in that bed...so it may be bare come spring but I was wondering what could I do to ensure that the elephant weeds don't return...

Pre emergent is on my list of things to purchase along with the perennials on the list...  if I have the same problem next year with the elephant weeds, I'm just going to plant grass and move the bed to another spot...darn that's a lot of work... but it can be done...

later...tired and need an early nap before I go to bed....lol

Need to find a real sale here soon...
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 09 06, 10, 11:16:50:AM » Reply

I want to move all my roses to pots and revamp my front porch garden.  But I need to wait till the roses go dormant.  One of them, my pink and white, didn't have even one bloom this year, just grew about 8 feet stems...I kept cutting them back, hoping for a bud, but nothing.  My iceberg rose made tons of blossoms, but the stems were spindly and once the buds began to bloom out, most of the stems drooped to the ground.  I have to replace one of my gingko trees...had a professional arborist tell us it's dead and the sucker will take about 4 years to mature...so I will yank the dead tree and put the sucker in a pot and let it work its own magic.

Of course, we were supposed to spend this entire 3 day weekend working on yard projects...but our son made it home for the weekend, so we've been enjoying his company after a 3 month patrol...he has appreciated the homecooked meals, fresh apple pie and constant love from the pooch...

I am going to miss him when he leaves this afternoon...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 09 06, 10, 12:49:11:PM » Reply

The only thing thriving in my yard right now are my pots of sweet potato vines. Some petunias in some places and an annual I love is doing the best. Can't think of the name just now but I will post pictures this week sometime. I just moved another mountain of gravel and need a break. This summer really sucked for lack of rain...just went weeks without it again. :-(
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #3 on: 09 06, 10, 01:36:06:PM » Reply

I am going to get some sweet potato vines...after seeing yours sunshine, I soooooooo want them... !
Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 09 06, 10, 04:17:22:PM » Reply

I gave up planting any flowers as the rain usually beat them down or the animals ate them.  Lots of rain down here, so don't worry to much about watering.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 09 07, 10, 05:39:07:AM » Reply

This year I would rate my garden ugly compared to previous years...all sun, no rain.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 09 07, 10, 05:54:28:PM » Reply

I will say the marigolds turned into large bushes... go figure... never knew they could get that talk... roses are in bloom again... and the plants the craigslist guy gave are spectacular...pink... don't know what kind they are...

going to craigslist again and see who else is giving perennials away... still waiting on a sale... I'll go on a search tomorrow... but the mums are out for sale... don't want them... they never live past one year here...

I would like to have some lazy suzy, the pink variety...I could just have a nothing but those and live a happy life...flowers do that to you don't they....
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #7 on: 09 07, 10, 05:58:01:PM » Reply

one other thing... my good neighbor has the most beautiful red and pink roses I've ever seen in Ohio... big compliment... not jealous but I do understand competition... next year...it's on...

lol

Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Yanked all those annuals out of the flower pots
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory