Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 03:36:40:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653506 Posts in 297928 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump’s Choice to Lead CIA Oversaw Illegal Torture Program 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: Trump’s Choice to Lead CIA Oversaw Illegal Torture Program  (Read 115 times)
seahooker

« Reply #12 on: 03 13, 18, 05:40:13:PM » Reply

she received the backing of President Obama's CIA director. She also received the Presidential Rank Award, the highest a federal employee can get, during President Obama's Administration!
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #13 on: 03 13, 18, 05:47:04:PM » Reply

president obama did not allow torture, did not allow the practice of secret renditioning, or the extradition of prisoners in our custody that allowed torture.  He signed an executive order mandating those changes his second day in office.  If she followed those guidelines, unlike the torture she approved when Bush was president, then I guess maybe there if hope for her, but I doubt it.  Anyone who condones torture is an immoral piece of shit, especially when we know for a fact you get more real info from traditional interrogations techniques. 
wvit1001

« Reply #14 on: 03 13, 18, 05:52:47:PM » Reply

President Obama closed the black sites in 2009. In 2013, when then-CIA Director John Brennan sought to promote Haspel into the position of directing all of the agency’s covert operations, Senator Diane Feinstein objected and blocked the move, citing her involvement in the illegal torture program. There were more protests from Senate Democrats when Haspel was made Pompeo’s deputy, but that position does not require Senate confirmation or any hearings, so they soon subsided.

Since the director gig does require confirmation, inquiring minds in the Senate will most definitely want to know if Haspel’s apotheosis is in any way connected with the president’s frequently expressed interest in bringing back torture as an interrogation technique. Haspel herself will probably stick to the line that she was just following orders and that the agency is now operating within the law. But Senator Ron Wyden, Democrat of Oregon, is already saying that her torturous background makes her “unsuitable to serve as CIA director.” And civil liberties groups are even more determined to oppose her:

“Gina Haspel was a central figure in one of the most illegal and shameful chapters in modern American history. She was up to her eyeballs in torture: both in running a secret torture prison in Thailand, and carrying out an order to cover up torture crimes by destroying videotapes,” said Christopher Andrews, the deputy director of the ACLU’s Washington office
seahooker

« Reply #15 on: 03 13, 18, 05:56:10:PM » Reply

she received the backing of President Obama's CIA director. She also received the Presidential Rank Award, the highest a federal employee can get, during President Obama's Administration! Do I need to keep repeating this?
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #16 on: 03 13, 18, 06:44:53:PM » Reply

Known misogynist and woman hater Donald Trump appoints a woman to head up the CIA for the first time in history.
wvit1001

« Reply #17 on: 03 13, 18, 06:48:55:PM » Reply

The Presidential Rank Awards program is an individual award program granted by the United States Government to career Senior Executive Service (SES) members and Senior Career Employees within the OPM-allocated Senior-Level (SL) or Scientific-Professional (ST) community. The awards have been given annually by the President of the United States since the establishment of the Senior Executive Service in 1978[1] except for a brief period of suspension from 2013 to 2014. The Presidential Rank Award honors high-performing senior career employees for "sustained extraordinary accomplishment." Executives from across Government are nominated by their agency heads, evaluated by citizen panels, and designated by the President. Winners of these awards are deemed to be strong leaders, professionals, or scientists who achieve results and consistently demonstrate strength, integrity, industry, and a relentless commitment to excellence in public service.[2]
wvit1001

« Reply #18 on: 03 13, 18, 07:03:33:PM » Reply

Feinstein told reporters on Tuesday that Haspel has asked to speak with her, and that she has a lot of questions for the new appointee.

"I think, hopefully, the entire organization learned something from the so-called enhanced interrogation program," Feinstein told reporters.

"Since my concerns were raised over the torture situation, I have met with her extensively. Talked with her. She has been, I believe, a good deputy director. She seems to have the confidence of the agency, which is good," she later said
stretch351c
Contributor

That which does not kill me, had better run

« Reply #19 on: 03 13, 18, 07:47:53:PM » Reply

You have to remember, the ideology of today's Left in this country really isn't all that different from Islamic terrorists. The fact that the Left is losing what little minds they have left over this highly qualified person is proof.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #20 on: 03 13, 18, 07:48:55:PM » Reply

figures.  Trump's presidency has been one long torture session.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #21 on: 03 14, 18, 05:27:59:AM » Reply

Why is it Democrats only care about the health and safety of criminals?
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #22 on: 03 14, 18, 05:50:29:AM » Reply

Why is it Democrats only care about the health and safety of criminals?

another stupid shit comment from a senseless retarded parrot. 
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #23 on: 03 14, 18, 05:52:19:AM » Reply

You will notice Oscar utters not a word of sympathy for the victims of terrorism!

In fact I have no doubt he sees 9/11 as our chickens coming home to roost!
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump’s Choice to Lead CIA Oversaw Illegal Torture Program
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory