Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 04:10:44:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2661860 Posts in 298729 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump’s Choice to Lead CIA Oversaw Illegal Torture Program 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Trump’s Choice to Lead CIA Oversaw Illegal Torture Program  (Read 122 times)
wvit1001

« on: 03 13, 18, 04:11:42:PM » Reply

In the series of high-level personnel changes the White House announced this morning, the most controversial could wind up being the elevation of CIA Deputy Director Gina Haspel to succeed Secretary of State-designee Mike Pompeo as America’s spy chief. A career CIA employee (mostly undercover), Haspel is best known publicly for her role in directing the first and most notorious of the agency’s “black site” interrogation centers in the years after 9/11. Her unsavory background was revealed when she was appointed as Pompeo’s deputy last year, most notably by Dexter Filkins at The New Yorker:

From 2003 to 2005, Gina Haspel was a senior official overseeing a top-secret C.I.A. program that subjected dozens of suspected terrorists to savage interrogations, which included depriving them of sleep, squeezing them into coffins, and forcing water down their throats. In 2002, Haspel was among the C.I.A. officers present at the interrogation of Abu Zubaydah, an Al Qaeda suspect who was tortured so brutally that at one point he appeared to be dead. ….

Haspel, a career C.I.A. employee, took part in another of the agency’s darkest moments: the destruction, in 2005, of video tapes of the interrogation of Zubaydah and a second suspect, Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, at whose torture she was present, three years before.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/trumps-choice-to-lead-cia-oversaw-illegal-torture-program.html
wvit1001

« Reply #1 on: 03 13, 18, 04:12:49:PM » Reply

President Obama closed the black sites in 2009. In 2013, when then-CIA Director John Brennan sought to promote Haspel into the position of directing all of the agency’s covert operations, Senator Diane Feinstein objected and blocked the move, citing her involvement in the illegal torture program. There were more protests from Senate Democrats when Haspel was made Pompeo’s deputy, but that position does not require Senate confirmation or any hearings, so they soon subsided.
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #2 on: 03 13, 18, 04:30:41:PM » Reply

Sounds like a good choice to me.
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 03 13, 18, 04:37:15:PM » Reply

You support illegally torturing people?
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #4 on: 03 13, 18, 04:49:24:PM » Reply

Pompeo is an Islamaphobe who wants war with Islam.
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #5 on: 03 13, 18, 04:51:05:PM » Reply

No.

That was years ago. And people change.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #6 on: 03 13, 18, 05:21:18:PM » Reply

Wvit feels so sad for the terrorists who were made uncomfortable, but has no feelings or compassion for their victims!

Why is it Democrats only care about the health and safety of criminals?
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 03 13, 18, 05:22:27:PM » Reply

what about illegally torturing people is it that you support d2?
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #8 on: 03 13, 18, 05:24:00:PM » Reply

Trump loves torture and killing the wives and kids of suspected terrorists-  he said so-  Trump's chickenshit immoral statements saying so- (ever notice how those who have never been in combat or faced being tortured by the enemy because of bone spurs are so turned on by the thought of torture and do not get how immoral it is and how ineffective?)

Trump: "You Bet Your Ass" I'd Approve Waterboarding, "If It Doesn't ...
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/.../trump_you_bet_your_ass_id_approve_waterboar[/COLOR]]https://www.realclearpolitics.com/.../trump_you_bet_your_ass_id_approve_waterboar...
Nov 24, 2015 - "They build these iron cages, and they'll put 20 people in them and they drop them in the ocean for 15 minutes and pull them up 15 minutes later." "Would I approve waterboarding? You bet your ass I would,"Trump said. "And I would approve more than that. Don't kid yourself, folks. It works, okay? It works.

Donald Trump on waterboarding: 'If it doesn't work, they deserve it ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../donald-trump-on-waterboarding-if-it-doesnt-wor[/COLOR]]https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../donald-trump-on-waterboarding-if-it-doesnt-wor...
Nov 23, 2015 - "Would I approve waterboarding? You bet your ass I would — in a heartbeat," Trump said to loud cheers during a rally at a convention center here Monday night that attracted thousands. "And I would approve more than that. Don't kid yourself, folks. It works, okay? It works. Only a stupid person would say it ...

and as far as becoming full on nazis and take out families of suspected terrorists and terrorists, he told the Fox Morning Zoo Crew you had to do it, and they smiled like good little nazis- 

time.com › Politics › White House
Jan 31, 2017 - As a presidential candidate, Trump promised to “get tough” on terror groups. In December 2015, Trump told Fox News that the families of terrorists must be targeted. “The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families,” he ...

Donald 'Kill Their Families' Trump Played Into al Qaeda's Hands
https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-kill-their-families-trump-played-into-al-qaedas-[/COLOR]]https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-kill-their-families-trump-played-into-al-qaedas-...
Jan 31, 2017 - In 2015, Donald Trump said the U.S. should kill terrorists' family members. On Saturday, one such 8-year-old ... "The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families,” Trump declared on Dec. 2, 2015. “They care about their ...
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #9 on: 03 13, 18, 05:28:29:PM » Reply

Why is it Democrats only care about the health and safety of criminals?
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #10 on: 03 13, 18, 05:31:10:PM » Reply

why do you lie so goddamn much? are you retarded?  you never add a goddamn thing to any discussion.  how old are you?  do you really think even a majority of republicans favor killing the wives and children of suspected terrorists in order to "make them talk?"  come on.  just shut the hell up.  do everybody a favor. 
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 03 13, 18, 05:33:39:PM » Reply

d2's old and lonely.  it's kinda sad in a way.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump’s Choice to Lead CIA Oversaw Illegal Torture Program
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory