Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 10:26:06:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653660 Posts in 297945 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump to sign tariffs on steel exempts Mexico and Canada 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: Trump to sign tariffs on steel exempts Mexico and Canada  (Read 133 times)
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #12 on: 03 13, 18, 07:14:56:PM » Reply

Europe will likely be exempted too.  Commie, China, with slave labor, however will not be exempted.
wvit1001

« Reply #13 on: 03 13, 18, 07:42:24:PM » Reply

that doesn't really help our steel industry though chuck.   those countries don't supply much of our steel.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #14 on: 03 13, 18, 08:16:26:PM » Reply

Maybe not, but it helps our foreign policy.  Commie China is a threat to the world.  Tariffs are not necessarily about economics.  They are a foreign policy and negotiating tool, also.
wvit1001

« Reply #15 on: 03 13, 18, 08:55:42:PM » Reply

that's not what trump said chuck, he said the tariffs were about jobs and saving our industry.   

you seem to be making up stuff again.   why do you do that? 
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #16 on: 03 13, 18, 09:47:01:PM » Reply

I'm not concerned nearly about what Trumps says as I am about what he does.
ttopcat

« Reply #17 on: 03 13, 18, 09:56:01:PM » Reply

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/trumps-tax-bill-unleashing-unbelievable-power-in-economy-individual-entrepreneurs-charles-schwab#&_intcmp=hp1s20,hp1s
wvit1001

« Reply #18 on: 03 13, 18, 10:25:45:PM » Reply

that's not what you said a little while ago chuck.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #19 on: 03 13, 18, 10:28:50:PM » Reply

Really, did I somewhere say I am more concerned about what he says, than what he does?  If I did, it had to be a mistake.
KensanIV

« Reply #20 on: 03 13, 18, 10:32:11:PM » Reply

Wow Wvit, some believe that our steel industry would have stayed healthy and competitive...except for one small thing...called a UNION.
wvit1001

« Reply #21 on: 03 13, 18, 10:36:57:PM » Reply

what part of what the union did do you think hurt the industry kensan?   Was it paid vacation/sick leave, was it worker safety rules, profit sharing, higher hourly wages ....?
KensanIV

« Reply #22 on: 03 13, 18, 10:59:56:PM » Reply

All of those plus the cost of attempting to be competitive with all of the basic costs.

Assuming that ie.... China is taking our steel.  Of course they do not have any of those union perks as American steel does have...They can put the thousands of tons on a ship, pay the freight costs and still get it here at less cost.

I don't pretend to think that there is a free ride for any company that has to compete to sell a product, except when the government specifies that it must be American Made steel. And even then, they need to be somewhat more competitive.

A member of my family worked for years for Youngstown Sheet and Tubing as a steel worker and union member.  when we lived in Europe, he received 13 weeks vacation and came over to visit us during his vacation.  I do not remember if he received these 13 weeks annually... Or he had to be a good union member for years.   But it seems as one helluva lot of vacation.

This sort of benefit for union members is the cause of never hearing about Youngstown Sheet and Tubing for years.... They are long gone... as is his job.

Hmmm, Wonder if Trump will specify Mexican steel when he selects the type of wall he wishes to build on the Mexican border? 
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump to sign tariffs on steel exempts Mexico and Canada
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory