Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 01:24:47:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2661962 Posts in 298742 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: MetLife ends discount program with NRA 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: MetLife ends discount program with NRA  (Read 41 times)
wvit1001

« on: 02 23, 18, 01:35:32:PM » Reply

"We value all our customers but we have decided to end our discount program with the NRA," the company tweeted Friday.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/375298-metlife-ends-discount-program-with-nra?amp&__twitter_impression=true
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #1 on: 02 23, 18, 01:47:20:PM » Reply

Corporate America under pressure to cut ties with NRA

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/corporate-america-under-pressure-to-cut-ties-with-nra/ar-BBJuUAl?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

The social media-fueled campaign has already led a range of corporations, from a major insurer to three car rental brands, to severe their relationships with the NRA gun rights advocacy group.

Amazon.com Inc and other online streaming platforms are facing demands to drop the online video channel NRATV, featuring programming produced by the group.

power to the people mudder cluckers. 
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #2 on: 02 23, 18, 01:49:27:PM » Reply

Slow FAKE news day for the leftards here apparently

Reposting old news is better than most of the BS you post here
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 02 23, 18, 01:50:36:PM » Reply

What's old about news from today zippy?
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #4 on: 02 23, 18, 02:44:30:PM » Reply

we have to try and ban the NRA from public life like we do other terrorists and unwanted scum of the earth.  not the members of the NRA, who are usually good guys and who want better gun control, but the fatcat leaders who get paid huge sums to push their crazy, gun nut, cold blooded bullshit and who now align themselves with those who criticize the FBI and other federal agents of the law they disagree with politically.  wayne lapierre is one of the biggest assholes in this country. 
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #5 on: 02 23, 18, 02:47:31:PM » Reply

Ban unAmerican groups?

Put the leftist commie Dims at the top of that list

* C1C570CC-FD13-4065-8577-386624519C24.jpeg (84.75 KB, 640x606 - viewed 0 times.)
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 02 23, 18, 02:48:58:PM » Reply

In case you missed it Ho boy WE THE PEOPLE starting doing that November 2016!
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 02 23, 18, 02:52:05:PM » Reply

Ho boy thinks we're to stupid to realize what the democrat party has become there was never any doubt about obama  as well as what hillary is.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #8 on: 02 23, 18, 02:52:49:PM » Reply

and one used to depend on sine defending the right of corporations to freely associate - or not - in any way they wanted.

seems to me, it's in the financial interests of each company not to get smeared with the blood of the innocents of the evil gun industry.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #9 on: 02 23, 18, 03:13:04:PM » Reply

What's old about news from today zippy?

Why you posting this again, dumber than zippy ?

Your gnat like memory span again huh ?

http://www.aesopsretreat.com/forum/index.php?topic=259609.msg2178742#msg2178742
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #10 on: 02 23, 18, 03:24:16:PM » Reply

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewbender/2018/02/23/car-rental-other-companies-cut-ties-with-nra/#52db8f0374e5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rental car companies Enterprise, National and Alamo have canceled their discount programs for members of the National Rifle Association. The three companies, under the corporate banner of Enterprise Holdings, announced the move yesterday via Twitter.

A statement from the companies reads simply "We ended the discount program, effective March 26 (2018)."

Requests for the reason for this change were not answered. However, it comes on the heels of the shooting on February 14 at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., where 17 students and staff members were killed by a gunman with an assault rifle. A social media campaign by gun control advocates with the hashtag #BoycottNRA has been singling out companies with ties to the organization.

Among those other companies, First National Bank of Omaha yesterday ended its Visa credit card relationship with the NRA, which offered members 5 percent back on gas and sporting equipment. Today the Chubb insurance group announced that it was canceling
a policy which offered NRA members coverage for expenses resulting from self-defense shootings (though it told Insurance Journal that this decision was made months ago). And Symantec announced on Twitter today that it "has stopped its discount program with the National Rifle Association," including LifeLock identity theft protection and Norton anti-virus and security software.

Elsewhere in the travel industry, Wyndham Hotels (parent company of hotel brands including Baymont Inn & Suites, Days Inn, Howard Johnson, Ramada, Super 8 and Travelodge) ended its discount program for NRA members late last year.

And despite media reports that Best Western Hotels & Resorts had also recently canceled its NRA affiliation, a company spokesperson told me that "
Best Western ended any association with the NRA in 2014."

Three other car rental companies, Hertz, Avis and Budget, remain on the NRA's website as offering discounts for members. Contacts to these companies to see whether they plan to follow suit with Enterprise Holdings were not returned by my deadline.
Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #11 on: 02 23, 18, 08:13:43:PM » Reply

great news.  i will try to use them exclusively from now on. the NRA is one of the big reasons so many southern states and redneck leaning states in the midwest vote for republicans so much like trained sheep.  and how trump was elected.  we need to cut their goddamn nuts off for being such cruel, cold blooded assholes with so much blood on all the money they get from gun sales to paranoid losers and active shooters. 
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: MetLife ends discount program with NRA
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory